Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS Exclusives with channeled soles for $90, wow! Congrats, those look great!

Comment

fred- what gives the line away? i was hoping the sock liner would specify, but these have customized liners.

Comment

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], those look fantastic! Definitely a great purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
          i ran over to this sample sale in nyc today after seeing pics of alfred sergeants being sold for $90, and came away with this black plain toe balmoral:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/veRkSSD.jpg/IMG]
          [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2ftn649.jpg/IMG]
          [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y9rpsVS.jpg/IMG]

this was purely an impulse buy. i'm not well versed in alfred sergeant, this is actually my first, but i'm pretty sure it was worth the $90 brand new, minimal shop wear, fits well, and did i say $90?
          What sample sale was this? That is like 85% off pricing right there.

Comment

fred- what gives the line away? i was hoping the sock liner would specify, but these have customized liners.
            Not sure what the exact tell tale signs are but those have a beveled waist and a channeled sole. You don't find stuff like that in lower end shoes.

Comment

it was for a brand called surface to air. the blanket pricing was $90 for all mens shoes, which was mostly their own labeled shoes (for things like leather espadrilles that looked like bleh-quality, made by who knows), so the pricing was for the most part pretty crappy. they just so happened to have these AS mixed in.

when i went to check out, it didn't even scan in their pos system. i just pointed out that the sign said mens leather shoes = $90 and everyone agreed with me

Comment

I never noticed that Alfred Sargent has the same initials I do. Now I'll need to get a pair! Great find on those shoes. Living in NYC definitely has its perks!

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                  I never noticed that Alfred Sargent has the same initials I do. Now I'll need to get a pair!
                  this reasoning is sound

Comment

fred- what gives the line away?
                    Channeled soles for one, but I was mostly going by the packaging. I have two pairs from the AS Exclusive line and the box, bags, etc are identical to yours.

Comment

Newest addition:

Comment

Stopped in the Macys one day sale today to pick up some alpha khakis on sale and spotted that all clearance shoes were an additional 65 percent off. I only spotted one half decent pair in my size at first glance...

Went ahead and bought them without much thought since i was on my lunch break, figuring I could return them if i wasn't happy with them.

Calvin Klein Navy Suede Wingtip Bluchers. Orig. $110.00, marked down to 82.50... After 65 percent and a coupon i stacked, i got them for 30 bucks.

Obviously id never pay full, or even sale price for a shoe of this quality... But what do you guys think for a 30 dollar suede beater shoe? Keep or return?

Comment

Return. Unless you really like them. Doesn't sound like you do, though.

There's a rule: Don't buy something just because it's on sale and it's half decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                            Return. Unless you really like them. Doesn't sound like you do, though.

There's a rule: Don't buy something just because it's on sale and it's half decent.
                            Good advice.

I personally wouldn't have purchased them for $30.

:/
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Needed some new undershirts so trying out these from Uniqlo.

I like them so far, no idea how they'll hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                                Newest addition:

[MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]. That's a teaser pic. What model did you go with?

Comment

Working...
                                X