X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    That's downright impressive there.

I have the 50mm 1.8 (the latest with the STM focus); that's what took all the photos I posted from my "rave hajj" thread in the OT section. Love that lens. Looking at maybe the 24mm pancake next to get some wider-angle shots of the ferrets and such. I think for next year I may make the investment in the 24-70L and possibly a 70-200L on top. Those should come in VERY handy indeed when we get to yellowstone.....

Leave a comment:

• BillN
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    I've always been really impressed with what the Rebel line can do, particularly with prime lens or L glass (L has never been in my budget).

All of these are examples from the original Rebel (so 6.3 megapixel sensor) and an $85 50 1.8 or the slightly more expensive 85 1.8 shot wide open, with no flash, in nightclub light.

Bob Mould

Jesse Sykes

Kings of Leon

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by Token View Post

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.

WOW! Those are great!

Leave a comment:

• Token
    replied

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Welp. I’ve finally squatted, deadlifted, cleaned, and snatched out of all my suit trousers and other dress trousers. Sigh. A few weeks ago I bought several pairs of inexpensive Goodfellow chinos that I’ve been wearing with jackets to work. But I can’t exactly wear chinos for trials or in the higher courts where I occasionally practice so I finally sucked it up and ordered new wool trousers and suits. One suit from Suitsupply, two from Spier & Mackay, and six total pairs of odd trousers from S&M and Lands’ End. Fortunately almost all my odd jackets still fit (and actually fit better than they ever did before) and a number of my current suit jackets are passable as odd jackets. I think I’ll be set for a while once the new stuff arrives.

Who knew working out could get so expensive?
    I have two sets of suits and odd pants -- (1) when I'm skinnier (toned up but not lifting heavy) and (2) when I'm thicker (either lifting heavy/getting sized or slacking enough that I grow around waist). It's not ideal but I won't be tossing either set out anytime soon...

Leave a comment:

• mlstein
    replied
    It seems like Samuelsohn is planning a line of Italian made shirts, because the current Hickey Freeman warehouse sale had a table of of samples, all mediums or 15.5, for $19.95 each. They fit me perfectly. On Wednesday I bought four. Today I went back and (so help me) bought nine more. I figure I should be set for a good many years....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Welp. I’ve finally squatted, deadlifted, cleaned, and snatched out of all my suit trousers and other dress trousers. Sigh. A few weeks ago I bought several pairs of inexpensive Goodfellow chinos that I’ve been wearing with jackets to work. But I can’t exactly wear chinos for trials or in the higher courts where I occasionally practice so I finally sucked it up and ordered new wool trousers and suits. One suit from Suitsupply, two from Spier & Mackay, and six total pairs of odd trousers from S&M and Lands’ End. Fortunately almost all my odd jackets still fit (and actually fit better than they ever did before) and a number of my current suit jackets are passable as odd jackets. I think I’ll be set for a while once the new stuff arrives.

Who knew working out could get so expensive?

Leave a comment:

• CJMichaelRay
    replied
    This Spier & Mackay sportcoat just arrived!

Leave a comment:

• CJMichaelRay
    replied
    My local denim shop held a giveaway and I won a pair of Unbranded Raws!

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Recent Purchases

New leather Vans slip-ons for summer. Black Lux leather with “porcini” tan leather trim. Lucked into a store return in my size on eBay for $25.

Leave a comment:

• Furious Styles
    replied
    Picked up some pearly white Stan Smith Adidas on clearance at DSW. Dappered recommendations ftw again - they're super comfortable. Got them for 59.99 with 20% off with a $10 coupon discount.

Leave a comment:

• Rocco
    replied
    Just bought an all original SKX007 from 1997 (second year of production). Perfect amount of wabi. Should be shipping Monday.
    Last edited by Rocco; April 27, 2018, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Epaulet, light-light grey, ghost horsehide tennis trainers arrived. Very comfortable right out of the box. Not quite white obviously, but a little lighter than "sand" chino color.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Ordered the light-light grey, front-quarter horsehide tennis trainers from Epaulet

https://epauletnewyork.com/products/...host-horsehide

I am hoping they are good. I had been looking at not-quite-white sneakers for a while and these appear to tick all the boxes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X