X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-...s+strand+suede

Bought a pair of these last night. Originally retailed for $345, marked down to $202, and $161 & change after the 20% coupon. I've never been one of those that was fascinated with the Strand, but the price along with the need for a poor weather shoe sealed the deal. Once I treat the suede with some waterproofing these will be ready to go! Makes me wonder why AE doesn't include a Dainite sole option on more of their models.
    I didn't know they offered Strands with rubber soles. I figured they would give it a different name if they did that. Regardless, that's a great price for what appears to be a great shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by gsasso View Post
      A Burgundy Horween Desert Boot popped up on 6pm.com in my size, so I grabbed it. Pretty excited for that to show up!
      Cuanto cuesta?

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
        http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-...s+strand+suede

Bought a pair of these last night. Originally retailed for $345, marked down to $202, and $161 & change after the 20% coupon. I've never been one of those that was fascinated with the Strand, but the price along with the need for a poor weather shoe sealed the deal. Once I treat the suede with some waterproofing these will be ready to go! Makes me wonder why AE doesn't include a Dainite sole option on more of their models.
        I did the same. Couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          Cuanto cuesta?
          $90. Seemed to good to pass up.

Comment

Just got a crazy good deal on a pair of AE Williams on Amazon. Used the 20% email promo code, a gift card, and Amazon credit card reward points to get them down to $55! I've been wanting a dressy pair of dark brown wingtips for a while, so I'm pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by gsasso View Post
              A Burgundy Horween Desert Boot popped up on 6pm.com in my size, so I grabbed it. Pretty excited for that to show up!
              The Clarks? If so, they are great. My favorite pair of shoes/boots.

Comment

Ordered a pair of Bruno Magli Ryge Black Captoe Dress Shoes from Saks as they are having a big Spring sale (50% off + Free Shipping).

http://www.saksoff5th.com/ryge-leath...615186759.html

Comment

Recent Purchases

Just picked up a pair of these from the new Jack Purcell Spring line. They look awesome!

Last edited by Ecou12; March 8, 2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Serious question. Is it weird that I gravitate towards boots rather than oxfords/laceups? My wardrobe consists of 7 pairs of shoes but 6 of those are boots, and the last pair of oxfords rarely ever get worn. And I just made another impulse buy for a pair of boots. Maybe I should cancel that order and force myself to buy some oxfords.

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                      Serious question. Is it weird that I gravitate towards boots rather than oxfords/laceups? My wardrobe consists of 7 pairs of shoes but 6 of those are boots, and the last pair of oxfords rarely ever get worn. And I just made another impulse buy for a pair of boots. Maybe I should cancel that order and force myself to buy some oxfords.
                      Depends on your lifestyle and personal style.

Comment

gap Brunson blazer in chambray arrived today. Unlike the indigo version Joe posted about on the main page, the chambray is 100% cotton. It is partially lined, with the body lining being cotton and the sleeve lining poly.

I just threw it on over a T and jeans, so no comments there =)
                        I'd say this is "chopped". It's a medium, I'm just barely 6' with a 30" inseam, and it doesn't completely cover my bum. Should do a bit better on those with a shorter torso and longer legs. That said, I really don't mind the length as a casual blazer. Lapel width is decent, button stance is middle of the road, patch pockets for all 3, they're a little hard to see in my pic.

It's a bit boxy, not terrible, but it's on my tailoring list to get slimmed a bit. Sleeves are a good length, maybe a hair long. I wear a 34/35 sleeve shirt.

One detail I thought was odd is that this thing has very thin shoulder pads. Completely unstructured otherwise. The pads are only on the shoulder, and don't extend to the other side of the sleeve seam at all. They definitely don't get in the way, just seemed a little out of place on such a casual blazer.

Fit pic and close up of the fabric:

Comment

Wear what goes with your clothes and what you like. If the shoes aren't going to get any use, why bother. I find myself reaching for my black cap toe chelsea boots more than any black oxford.

Comment

Why would you think that's weird? It would only be weird if you didn't like to wear them.

Comment

No. I prefer boots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                                I'd say this is "chopped".That said, I really don't mind the length as a casual blazer.

Sleeves are a good length, maybe a hair long.
                                I like it. I think the shorter length is fine for a casual blazer. I would want to shorten the sleeves a bit.

What watch are you wearing? Bracelet looks like a Seiko but I can't make out the watch from the side view shot on the sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                                X