Here are the specs

2003 MERLOT CALF
    TONE ON TONE STITCHING
    BLACK FLAT WELT
    HEEL PAD OK'D
    DAINITE OUTSOLE
    MATCHING EYELETS AND HOOKS

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Fresh! What all did you customize. Besides color?

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
      Got my Eagle County MTOs yesterday.. The boots are amazing to look, however as you can see in the pictures the part that has the lace holes is not stitched straight on the vamp on the right foot. I am going to email Allison from AE to see what she says, but just wanted to post here and see what you guys think? The left boot is fine
      It sort of angles towards the inside, is that what you mean? Yeah, if it was an MTO that would annoy me, since you wouldn't expect an MTO to be of "seconds" quality. If you don't want to wait for a remake, maybe they'll give you a partial refund, or credit or something.

Comment

That is exactly what it is. and it angles inside quite a bit, not just a litte. Actually just got a response from AE that this is within their quality standards. Also got these through their MTO on styleforum for a very good price and I am not comfortable or even sure how it would work if I asked for any further discounts on these.

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        It sort of angles towards the inside, is that what you mean? Yeah, if it was an MTO that would annoy me, since you wouldn't expect an MTO to be of "seconds" quality. If you don't want to wait for a remake, maybe they'll give you a partial refund, or credit or something.

Comment

Lol I was just talking to vicious about a similar thing but with alden. That does suck that they gave you an answer like that. Did you phrase it in a way to let your disappointment be known? Fwiw my Dalton's are somewhat like that but it is unnoticeable even to me until I line them up like your pic.

These are a pair of alden 975, shell cordovan longwings that I bought from jcrew. Similarly to yours they are skewed, so much so that i noticed it immediately without even having to look at it at this angle to see the mistake.

I'll be returning these myself, ask Allison about the possibility of having yours remade.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
            Recent pickups: Orient Bambino with white dial. I wanted the champagne color with blue hands but couldn't find it anywhere. So I settles for the white dial. Two days after I got it the one I wanted shows up on eBay. So now I have both. Put the white on a NATO strap and switch it out regularly. The other will be my main nice watch.

FWIW I think the dial on the white version is better-proportioned.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
              I can't see it
              Here they are from a different hosting site.

Comment

I think the thing with those Eagle County boots are that you got in on them at the clearance price like the other people on Style Forum, right? Considering the price and how they will no longer do that, I can understand their reluctance to do any partial refund. I've heard before about people having a problem with their MTO's and them either offering to remake the shoe or do a partial refund of the difference between firsts and seconds, but since you bought these at the clearance price with the extra discount you pretty much already effectively paid around the price of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                  I purchased the CT Melbury White Twill Non-Iron Extra Slim Fit Shirt but have not received it yet. Glad to hear you like yours.
                  Received my Charles Tyrwhitt shirt and like it a lot. I ordered a couple more since the sale is still on.

Comment

I just picked these off Ebay last night. Alden wingtips in snuff suede with a flex sole. Looks like they are from Leather Soul in March 2010 but the guy didn't wear them much since he said it was a bad fit for him. It's my first time trying their Hampton last so hopefully they work for me or it's back to the Bay for them.

Comment

My last purchases before giving up buying anything for Lent.

1. A pair of Berle Nantucket Red poplin pants

2. A custom Horween 19mm wide watch band with red thread from VieuxHalloo on Etsy. Amazing quality for $25.

Comment

@TrueFlame I am looking at getting the loafers you just picked up. I noticed you sized down, how are they fitting, and how much did you size down?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
                          @TrueFlame I am looking at getting the loafers you just picked up. I noticed you sized down, how are they fitting, and how much did you size down?
                          I"m a 9.5 typically, and a 9 in CDB and Red Wing Beckmans. I can also wear a 9 Sperry boat shoe, but it's kinda tight, so I'm a 9.5 with them. So I sized down from 9.5 to 9 for the loafer, and it is tight.. But not unreasonably so, I think. I can get my feet in and walk around without difficulty, and the leather should stretch to some extent from what I understand. However, it's been pretty cold here so I have had no opportunity to wear them, even just around the house. So I don't know yet if the leather will actually stretch much, or how my feet will tolerate wearing them for a longer stretch of time. Oh, and I should probably mention that when I say I can wear them, I mean I can wear them without socks. I doubt they could ever stretch enough for me to wear anything other than the absolute thinnest of socks. So if you want to be able to wear socks, or count on the leather stretching, go TTS. Otherwise, size down by a half size... maybe. Definitely no more. Wish I could give you more definite advice, but that's all I've got.

Comment

Got 2 of the Calibrate Trim Fit gingham shirts at the Rack for $19.99 each. I bought one a year or so ago, and it has been holding up great.
                            I would agree with Joe and his review that the fit and collar are very good.

http://dappered.com/2012/09/how-to-w...k-dress-shirt/

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
                              Got 2 of the Calibrate Trim Fit gingham shirts at the Rack for $19.99 each. I bought one a year or so ago, and it has been holding up great.
                              I would agree with Joe and his review that the fit and collar are very good.

http://dappered.com/2012/09/how-to-w...k-dress-shirt/
                              Do they fit longer in the tail that normal dress shirts?

I tried on a few in store during the holidays, and they felt longer by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                                Do they fit longer in the tail that normal dress shirts?

I tried on a few in store during the holidays, and they felt longer by a lot.
                                Strange- I would not call them any longer than other trim shirt shirts I own. I wear 16.5, 34/35, and I would say they fit true to size (in the trim shirt world). Or maybe I like them longer because most of my khakis sit faily low(JCrew 484)?

Comment

Working...
                                X