This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    Thanks, guys! Emmet, I don't know what size you are, but this is where I bought mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121271964569

Still some sizes available, and the guy is selling a few other loafers too. 100% rating, and my personal experience has been positive, so it could be worth it.
    Nice! Those are actually made for Eastland by Rancourt right?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
      Those are sweet. I'm on a mission not to buy any clothing until May. Two months with no money spent on style.
      Same here. I feel indulgent this month with my Red Wing purchase.

I'd like some Jack Purcells and an NSA baseball cap, though, for spring. If spring ever gets here.

Comment

Brent, good for you. I really need to do the same.

Fred, that's what I've read, so I believe so. The strap design is slightly different from regular Rancourts that I've seen though, and I have no way of actually knowing.

Also, I hate to do this, but are you a size 10 by any chance, Duvel? I'm selling a pair of Jack Purcells right now.

Comment

Honestly, aside from the items I mentioned, I really don't want anything right now. First time in a long time I've felt this way. It's kind of a nice feeling.

Comment

I've spent way too much money after I found sites like this and apparently the train is still moving for me. This is of course what happens when you haven't done anything with your wardrobe since high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
              Brent, good for you. I really need to do the same.

Fred, that's what I've read, so I believe so. The strap design is slightly different from regular Rancourts that I've seen though, and I have no way of actually knowing.

Also, I hate to do this, but are you a size 10 by any chance, Duvel? I'm selling a pair of Jack Purcells right now.
              I have more clothing and a much more expensive wardrobe than my girlfriend who is a textile fashion design major. (Looking for work if anyone has an in!)

60 days with no fashion purchase. Gonna be hard but I'm gonna do it. I honestly only want some a pair of suede tassel loafers for the spring summer and two tighter fitting white t-shirts.

I hit Marshall's today and found some great items on yellow tag deep clearance.

What do you think about this RLBL cardigan silk/linen blend.

Comment

Also this shawl collar orange 55% linen 45% cotton pullover with a pouch pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                  Honestly, aside from the items I mentioned, I really don't want anything right now. First time in a long time I've felt this way. It's kind of a nice feeling.
                  I feel pretty much the same way. I picked up a few shoe trees recently but haven't spent any money this past month besides the Barbour Chelsea I got on sale.

There is 1 exception though . . . shoes. I've recently been trying out some different Aldens but only keep them if the fit is perfect and I am in love with them. Sent back 3 different pair of Alden chukkas this month - ravello shell, cxl, and kudu as well as a pair of their suede loafers.

Comment

Recent un-purchases: I'm sending back Walnut Strands (full price firsts) to recoup $365 and a chino "warm" navy JCF Thompson suit to recoup $150 ($100 clothes + $50 tailoring) in order to reduce my spend after the dress code recently changed. Still leaves me with a little over $1,000 spent on Strand/McAllister/Kenilworth/Players/Dalton/Neumok, but for $173 average per pair for six firsts, I did pretty damn good. Also keeping the $70 khaki chino JCF Thompson as a summer suit and blazer.

Comment

I'm in the "cut down on purchases" boat - only things I really need right now are some more dress socks, a black dress belt, underwear, and maybe a burgundy or green merino v-neck. It's a nice feeling to not really want anything for once.

Comment

I wonder if "necessities" count? I still would like to pick up some good sweat socks or heavier socks for my new boots.

Comment

Recent pickups: Orient Bambino with white dial. I wanted the champagne color with blue hands but couldn't find it anywhere. So I settles for the white dial. Two days after I got it the one I wanted shows up on eBay. So now I have both. Put the white on a NATO strap and switch it out regularly. The other will be my main nice watch.

Comment

Got my Eagle County MTOs yesterday.. The boots are amazing to look, however as you can see in the pictures the part that has the lace holes is not stitched straight on the vamp on the right foot. I am going to email Allison from AE to see what she says, but just wanted to post here and see what you guys think? The left boot is fine

Comment

Fresh! What all did you customize. Besides color?

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
                                Got my Eagle County MTOs yesterday.. The boots are amazing to look, however as you can see in the pictures the part that has the lace holes is not stitched straight on the vamp on the right foot. I am going to email Allison from AE to see what she says, but just wanted to post here and see what you guys think? The left boot is fine

I can't see it

Comment

Working...
                                X