Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the J. Crew MacAlister Brickman boots and an English Silk tie in purple for about $84 total from the B&M.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...0410/10410.jsp
    https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...3232/A3232.jsp

These 2 seem to be the online listings. The Tie was marked down to 19.99$ and Brickmans to 119.99$ before the 40% off sale prices.

Comment

sandersons came in the mail yesterday from the shoebank. was the last 9.0d so pulled the trigger at 130.

Comment

Not fashion related, but I just switched from Verizon to a family plan with tmobile. Traded in my Galaxy S3 for a Nexus 5, and even with that I (together with my parents) will be saving $100 a month overall. So if any of you guys are with other carriers and have people to put on a family plan, I strongly suggest it. Frees up a lot of money for purchasing new shoes and other clothes related items!

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          Great idea. Although it will also get me lusting after more Red Wings.

Regarding cleaning that sole, my opinion is that one shouldn't get too obsessed over it. This is a work boot, basically, and it is meant to look rugged, and it looks better a little roughed up and dirty. I doubt that people who used to wear this boot to ride motorcycles worried about getting a magic marker cleaner to keep it new looking.
          877's lightly used on eBay for $150....screw you Duvel making me think they would be a great boot for riding the Harley this spring...

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
            Not fashion related, but I just switched from Verizon to a family plan with tmobile. Traded in my Galaxy S3 for a Nexus 5, and even with that I (together with my parents) will be saving $100 a month overall. So if any of you guys are with other carriers and have people to put on a family plan, I strongly suggest it. Frees up a lot of money for purchasing new shoes and other clothes related items!
            I'm also saving money, but with my refinanced mortgage. Saved enough to buy several thousand pairs of shoes. Might take several hundred pairs and build an outdoor shoegarden.

Comment

I purchased the following but can still return. Looking for feedback and suggestions for something similar under $80.

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net...0&op_sharpen=1

Van Heusen Studio Slim-Fit Chambray Sport Coat, 100% cotton
              Paid $75 for it after sale and discount. I looked for something similar but could not find anything under $200. It fits well and looks great with dark denim.

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of light blue blazers. Too Johnny Carson-ish for me. Bonobos had some options last S/S oxford cloth blazers pretty cool looking.http://www.bonobos.com/blue-dark-den...lazer-for-ment
                Last edited by Brent k; February 24, 2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                  I purchased the following but can still return. Looking for feedback and suggestions for something similar under $80.

Paid $75 for it after sale and discount. I looked for something similar but could not find anything under $200. It fits well and looks great with dark denim.
                  I don't have a problem with the color but I'm not a big fan of the more formal styling. I prefer the more casual styling of that Bonobos jacket, or the J.Crew oxford cloth that was from last summer (still pops into the sale section from time to time, but don't know the price).

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post

Check out a JCF store if you have one nearby. They have some summer suits not listed on their site including a blue chambray.

Also JCP has some new spring / summer sport coats on their site now. I am thinking about trying one of the cotton linen stafford ones. Code 4SUITS brings them down to 60 bucks each.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                      Check out a JCF store if you have one nearby. They have some summer suits not listed on their site including a blue chambray.

Also JCP has some new spring / summer sport coats on their site now. I am thinking about trying one of the cotton linen stafford ones. Code 4SUITS brings them down to 60 bucks each.
                      Good call. I was also looking at the Stafford cotton sport coats and was able to get one in tan for a great price ($30) on eBay. Haven't received it yet so can't comment on it but it looks like a decent casual option. I'll swing by my local JCP to see what else they have.

Comment

Ordered a pair of these Aldens when they were on sale last week. I've been wanting a work boot but never seem to like the shape of Wolverines or Red Wings. I figure this with the chamois leather and commando soles should fill that role quite nicely.

Comment

i was on the phone with them ordering that same boot but backed out. they'll look great scuffed up. i feel like they'd be more interesting if brogued up though

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            I don't have a problem with the color but I'm not a big fan of the more formal styling. I prefer the more casual styling of that Bonobos jacket, or the J.Crew oxford cloth that was from last summer (still pops into the sale section from time to time, but don't know the price).
                            The color is a little bright, definitely not for everyone.

I typically prefer my jackets with more structure than the Bonobos chino blazer but I did also purchase a khaki Stafford slim fit cotton sport coat for something a bit more casual.

Comment

Waiting patiently for these to arrive in front of my door.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...0000000001_-1_

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                                i was on the phone with them ordering that same boot but backed out. they'll look great scuffed up. i feel like they'd be more interesting if brogued up though
                                Looks like I won't be getting that shoe. I called ShoeMart today to see what was going on because my tracking # hadn't been updated in 3 days. They checked with the warehouse and said that they couldn't find the shoe and it must have been a mistake with the inventory so they're going to have to cancel it.

Comment

Working...
                                X