This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
    Charles Tyrwhitt is having a sale ($39.50ea) plus free shipping so I bought one of their extra trim fit shirts to try out.
    I did the same thing in trim. Gotta say, best dress shirt I've ever had. I will only buy from them now.

Comment

Just got one of the Ludlow navy blazers Joe loves so much. My size was the only one left. Got it on final sale for $150.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...QhZ6ZZ*TmoNUwQ

I have been lusting over this thing for too long. How could I say no at $150?

Comment

I bought one for about $200 a few months ago and absolutely love it! Congrats on a great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
          Just got one of the Ludlow navy blazers Joe loves so much. My size was the only one left. Got it on final sale for $150.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...QhZ6ZZ*TmoNUwQ

I have been lusting over this thing for too long. How could I say no at $150?
          Got the same one right around the beginning of January. Damn fine jacket.

Comment

Got these guys from target for $19 on clearance. There Merona brand but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend money on suede bucks without giving some cheaper ones a test run. These fit the bill quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post

Got these guys from target for $19 on clearance. There Merona brand but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend money on suede bucks without giving some cheaper ones a test run. These fit the bill quite nicely.
              These?
              http://www.target.com/p/men-s-merona...1_1&term=suede

Do they run true to size? I'm in between 7 and 8 online and will need to choose.. or order two and return one (or both).

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                These?
                http://www.target.com/p/men-s-merona...1_1&term=suede

Do they run true to size? I'm in between 7 and 8 online and will need to choose.. or order two and return one (or both).
                Those are the ones. They ran small, I'm a 9.5 in desert boots, 10 in cole haan stuff, 10.5 in sneakers and the 10.5 fit me the best in these.

Comment

Picked up this trim fitting JCP colorblock hooded parka on clearance for $15. Has a seersucker-look fabric on the inside, solid hardware w/ double zippers, rain pockets, etc. The outer fabric is 100% cotton with a waterproof/water resistant coating. I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you can snag one for under $20..

http://www.jcpenney.com/men/coats-ja...rZ1g7/cat.jump

Comment

Finally have my J Crew/J Crew Factory shopping spree in hand (all 34S and 28/xx pants)
                    J Crew Ludlow brown herringbone English wool, JCF Thompson khaki chino suit, JCF Thompson navy chino suit, JCF Thompson charcoal worsted wool suit w/ vest, JCF Thompson navy worsted wool suit w/ vest, and a few shirts/accessories, $864.47. Not bad for three two-piece suits, a three-piece suit, and a sportcoat. The sportcoat was $125 and each suit averaged out to $175, though in truth the worsted wool were higher and the khaki was only $75 for both.

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                      Finally have my J Crew/J Crew Factory shopping spree in hand (all 34S and 28/xx pants)
                      J Crew Ludlow brown herringbone English wool, JCF Thompson khaki chino suit, JCF Thompson navy chino suit, JCF Thompson charcoal worsted wool suit w/ vest, JCF Thompson navy worsted wool suit w/ vest, and a few shirts/accessories, $864.47. Not bad for three two-piece suits, a three-piece suit, and a sportcoat. The sportcoat was $125 and each suit averaged out to $175, though in truth the worsted wool were higher and the khaki was only $75 for both.
                      Marathon, I'd be interested in seeing fit pics of the 34Ss if you get the chance.

Comment

me too. i'd like to see the difference in fit of the JC vs the JCF.

Comment

shell wolverines came in today:

there's some pitting on the toe caps, i'll give it a brushing later on and see if it subsides. as for sizing, i sized down a half size and it definitely was the right move. even now there is still toe space, more so than my tts daltons.

Comment

looks good. how i wish i had a jcpenney around here..

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                            Picked up this trim fitting JCP colorblock hooded parka on clearance for $15. Has a seersucker-look fabric on the inside, solid hardware w/ double zippers, rain pockets, etc. The outer fabric is 100% cotton with a waterproof/water resistant coating. I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you can snag one for under $20..

http://www.jcpenney.com/men/coats-ja...rZ1g7/cat.jump

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                              shell wolverines came in today:

there's some pitting on the toe caps, i'll give it a brushing later on and see if it subsides. as for sizing, i sized down a half size and it definitely was the right move. even now there is still toe space, more so than my tts daltons.
                              Those look fantastic.

Comment

i think the aspect of them i like the most is the shell itself- it is a true brown, unlike most color #8, and it has a lot of character. you can see the hide itself, not like the alden glaze finishing which pretty much covers up all the character and imperfections of the hide. it's kind of hard to photograph with a phone though. maybe someone can take a picture of theirs when it comes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X