This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
    I do tastings and wine shows all the time for my families wine business. I think a purple jacket will fit in nicely there. I also enjoy wearing colour, so I think with more muted pants/shirts it will still look good.
    The review for that jacket mentions the color, and it is pretty encouraging. And I agree, I think in the situations you described a bold color would fit right in, especially if you balance it with the rest of the outfit.

Comment

Just bought these Polo RL snuff suede jodhpur boots, on sale for $99. Hopefully they fit..

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        Thanks for the tips, guys, I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be too problematic to find things to pair it with.

But in other news... I simply couldn't resist. I posted about it in the Deals section, but Bonobos has slashed prices on some items, including most of the suiting and blazers. I grabbed the Dunmore Harris Tweed Overcheck. For $114!
        Nice, I like that, especially the red in it.

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
        Just bought these Polo RL snuff suede jodhpur boots, on sale for $99. Hopefully they fit..
        I've thought about jodphur boots but I just can't get into them. I prefer a chelsea. What do you wear them with? Just anything you might wear a chelsea with?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
          Those are beautiful. Much nicer than the $25 "suede" ones I got from JCP.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Walnut Strands from the seconds sale. This is my first pair of AE's, been wanting some for a while after all the great reviews on this site. Loving them so far.

Comment

Glad you picked up the Vass Fred, they look excellent. Great value too, considering they come w/ lasted trees!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Glad you picked up the Vass Fred, they look excellent. Great value too, considering they come w/ lasted trees!
                They come with lasted trees? Cool.

Comment

Bought matte chrome Randolph engineering aviator sunglasses. The don draper's. Had them for 1 hour and sat on them. They were twisted metal. Dropped off at local eye doctor hopefully he can work some magic.

Randolph Engineering is fantastic I like them better than the $70 cheaper American Optics pair I have in gold. Maybe I just like silver over gold tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                    Bought matte chrome Randolph engineering aviator sunglasses. The don draper's. Had them for 1 hour and sat on them. They were twisted metal. Dropped off at local eye doctor hopefully he can work some magic.

Randolph Engineering is fantastic I like them better than the $70 cheaper American Optics pair I have in gold. Maybe I just like silver over gold tho!
                    I really like my AO's. I got mine for around $40. Also kinda prefer the gold to the chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                      I've thought about jodphur boots but I just can't get into them. I prefer a chelsea. What do you wear them with? Just anything you might wear a chelsea with?
                      I guess. It's my first pair of suede boots aside from Clarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        Your shoe collection is one of the few things that makes me envious. I'm still considering just robbing you.
                        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Those are beautiful. Much nicer than the $25 "suede" ones I got from JCP.
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          They come with lasted trees? Cool.
                          The Vass lasted trees are pretty cool. I think the U last trees (for the suede shoes) are hinged but I'll find out when they arrive. The 3 piece "puzzle" trees for the P2 last (my Alt Weins) are quite unique too.

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                          Your shoe collection is one of the few things that makes me envious. I'm still considering just robbing you.
                          LOL! Thanks, I guess.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Walnut Strands from the seconds sale. This is my first pair of AE's, been wanting some for a while after all the great reviews on this site. Loving them so far.
                            Congrats! You will love them, they were my first pair of AE's as well and started me on the downward spiral into buying more....

Comment

Originally posted by axedatta View Post
                              Congrats! You will love them, they were my first pair of AE's as well and started me on the downward spiral into buying more....
                              Thanks! I will definitely be getting more. I wanna pick up a pair of mcallisters next.

Comment

Suede Vass arrived and they look even more amazing in person that in the pics!!! Unfortunately I guess I need to size up in the U last. NMWA still had a 43.5 in stock so they pulled it aside and are letting me swap the 43s I had ordered.

Comment

Working...
                                X