Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased my first LBM SC off Ebay for $190 all in and its NWT. Looking forward to receiving it!

Comment

Got the JCF Thompson cotton cord suit today for $138. Really excited they offer a 40L now and it seemed like a good price even for JCF. Anyone have experience with this suit?

Also grabbed one of their laptop bags for $35. Seems to be well liked on here so I figured it is with a shot.

Comment

I picked up one of the Stafford Prep waxed cotton jackets for lightweight and rainy day wear. All I had was active soft shells which are great, but sometimes you want to look a little nicer. I think the color is more gray than anything else. Doesn't look plasticky to me. I'm pleased for the price. Btw, never handled a nice waxed cotton jacket so I can't compare.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Picked up the Stafford Prep waxed cotton jacket. I needed something lightweight and weather resistant other than my active soft shells. It's more gray than I thought it would be and not plasticky. I don't know how it stacks against nicer waxed cotton since I've never handled any, but for the price I'm pleased.

Last edited by shockfinder; February 4, 2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Looks very decent!

Comment

Finally bought two staple polos, white and navy, from BR (their luxe-touch line). I have a bunch of polos already actually, but oddly enough none of them white or navy... And since those colors rarely go on sale, I grabbed them with the 35% off and 25% off email coupon. Also grabbed a moss green merino v-neck, which came out to $13. I don't know how I'll wear it, but I like green and don't have enough of it in my wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                Also grabbed a moss green merino v-neck, which came out to $13. I don't know how I'll wear it, but I like green and don't have enough of it in my wardrobe.
                I have some brownish tweed-looking pants that I wear with a green sweater and a crisp white OCBD. Think earthy tones.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  I have some brownish tweed-looking pants that I wear with a green sweater and a crisp white OCBD. Think earthy tones.
                  I don't have any tweed, or brown pants, so maybe khaki? I have an autumn looking pair of cords, that are just between tan and orange too.

Comment

Comment

I don't have any tweed, or brown pants, so maybe khaki? I have an autumn looking pair of cords, that are just between tan and orange too.
                      Wear them with brown or khaki or even jeans and it should look fine.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Finally bought two staple polos, white and navy, from BR (their luxe-touch line). I have a bunch of polos already actually, but oddly enough none of them white or navy... And since those colors rarely go on sale, I grabbed them with the 35% off and 25% off email coupon. Also grabbed a moss green merino v-neck, which came out to $13. I don't know how I'll wear it, but I like green and don't have enough of it in my wardrobe.
                        I'm a big fan of green on gray so maybe give that a spin. Try wearing it with some gray pants and a white button up.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys, I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be too problematic to find things to pair it with.

But in other news... I simply couldn't resist. I posted about it in the Deals section, but Bonobos has slashed prices on some items, including most of the suiting and blazers. I grabbed the Dunmore Harris Tweed Overcheck. For $114!

Comment

I wanted the SC but by the time I got home from work 40R was gone I ended up getting the nottingham in purple, cause why not for $69.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys, I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be too problematic to find things to pair it with.

But in other news... I simply couldn't resist. I posted about it in the Deals section, but Bonobos has slashed prices on some items, including most of the suiting and blazers. I grabbed the Dunmore Harris Tweed Overcheck. For $114!
                              Great jacket for the price. I was eyeing it the other day, but it was considerably more expensive then. My wallet is glad I missed out on that one.

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                              I wanted the SC but by the time I got home from work 40R was gone I ended up getting the nottingham in purple, cause why not for $69.
                              That's a very purple jacket - do you have any idea how or when you plan to wear it?!

Comment

I do tastings and wine shows all the time for my families wine business. I think a purple jacket will fit in nicely there. I also enjoy wearing colour, so I think with more muted pants/shirts it will still look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X