This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I was strolling around the mall yesterday and found this Express blazer on clearance. After my $30 off $75, paid $40 for it!
    Their photographer slim cut jackets fit me like a glove with no tailoring. I might have to check out my local Express store today :-)

Comment

Never felt it for Express. Probably less love than for GAP. I remember walking in a couple of times and the word that kept going through my head was "thin." Everything looked insubstantial.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        Never felt it for Express. Probably less love than for GAP. I remember walking in a couple of times and the word that kept going through my head was "thin." Everything looked insubstantial.
        Seconded about express. Lots of loud colors and mostly bad clothes.

Comment

I think Express is more for younger people like Mikey. The only stuff I own from there is a sweater and 2 polos that my mother in law gave me as gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            I hear you. I never considered them until I tried on one of their "photographer" suit jackets on a lark. I have yet to find a suit jacket that fits me better and I've tried on quite a few. Pants required minor tailoring. For me, it's a fantastic suit for under $170.

Comment

I think this may be my only express item other than some t shirts, but they did have some nice dress shirts and Blazers there. I guess some of the jeans and shirts could be considered for the younger crowd.

Comment

Then again, I am only 28!

Comment

I hate how cheap the materials are at Express. You're getting a gross mix of polyester, viscose, nylon, etc. in everything. And as expected, everything wrinkles up like crazy and just hangs so poorly. I'll agree that the fit is on their stuff is great, though.

I bought a suit there online and it arrived so horrifically wrinkled that I knew it wasn't going to work.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Dockers Alpha Khakis in their original slim fit on a whim. Found the pair at a local TJ Maxx for $20, so it was worth a gamble, having thought they were more "skinny dudes" oriented. Holy crap, these are awesome pants!

As much as I love Bonobos' chinos and dress pants, these Alpha khakis are on par for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                      Picked up a pair of Dockers Alpha Khakis in their original slim fit on a whim. Found the pair at a local TJ Maxx for $20, so it was worth a gamble, having thought they were more "skinny dudes" oriented. Holy crap, these are awesome pants!

As much as I love Bonobos' chinos and dress pants, these Alpha khakis are on par for a lot less.
                      Agreed. I picked up a few pairs last year and can't wait for a sale on the colors I want so I can pick up a few more. I will say that I am right on the borderline for alphas when it comes to whether they fit me properly or not. I have 3 pairs that fit great but another 1-2 that I had to send back since they were a tad tighter and due to my rear and thighs, it looked like it was way too tight in the crotch area. I've read that different colors seem to be cut slightly differently so it wasn't just my imagination.

Comment

I think you're right on target with the "original slim fit" designation there. I have some like that as well, from Marshalls, and they fit me fine. The ones I've more recently tried on at Nordy Rack were totally "skinny dudes" appropriate. I forget what they were listed as inside the waist (slim/tappered?), but they were way tighter than the older ones. Look I'm *fairly* slim, but I don't do the skinny-jeans look at all. Not my thang.

Comment

+1

my bonobos pants are officially burnt out while my alphas are still chugging along. they are my favorite beaters and i have maybe 6 of them. haven't felt the need to buy any more bonobos products at all honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                            haven't felt the need to buy any more bonobos products at all honestly.
                            I'm right there with you. I used up my remaining store credit on the Shamus trench last month so pretty sure I'm done with Bonobos at this point. I have about 4 pants, 1 shirt, and the trench from there and that's more than enough. The pants do seem to wear out faster than some others so once these are done, I don't plan on purchasing more from them.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              Look I'm *fairly* slim, but I don't do the skinny-jeans look at all. Not my thang.
                              This! Spot on.

Comment

Been looking for this belt for a while. Finally found it at Tucker Nuck in my size.

Wanted a new driving cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X