This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
    I had been looking for a pair of beater wingtip boots for rain/snow conditions. I found a pair of J & M Hattington boots at a seconds/returns place for $50. I had tried them on in a J & M store and they just didn't have my size. These, however, are perfect. They come feeling broken in. They have a plaid fabric lining which is great for cold days. Super nice? Obviously not? Worth the original $195? Not at all. $50? I'll take them and not worry about beating them up.

Obviously super nice. But weird laces. I'd swap them out to something less casual in a solid color.

Comment

Can't believe I haven't posted my latest haul.

1. Alden Cape Cod 3 Eyelet Boat Shoes - Been wanting to pick up a pair of boat shoes for warmer weather
      2. J Press Tattersal spread collar dress shirt - My new favorite shirt and I am continue my march towards a Trad wardrobe.
      3. J Press white silk pocket square.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
        our public transit drivers wear the same coloured coat and I couldnt deal with looking like them haha.
        When I read this I checked your profile; figured you had to be in Toronto. The same thing happened to me with a burgundy rain jacket I picked up at Winners for next to nothing. I never thought about it, but my friends picked up on the TTC thing immediately.

Comment

Alden captoe shell boots I picked up the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            ^ Lucky dog!! I know that store (and visit it weekly) and have been looking for a pair like that.
            Now I need one of you to tell me what store this is...

Comment

I just picked up this crewneck sweat. Heard good things about Reigning Champ, super excited to see how soft it is.

Comment

Originally posted by explorator View Post
                Heard good things about Reigning Champ, super excited to see how soft it is.
                I have a pair of their herringbone sweatpants. Love them!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
                  I had been looking for a pair of beater wingtip boots for rain/snow conditions. I found a pair of J & M Hattington boots at a seconds/returns place for $50. I had tried them on in a J & M store and they just didn't have my size. These, however, are perfect. They come feeling broken in. They have a plaid fabric lining which is great for cold days. Super nice? Obviously not? Worth the original $195? Not at all. $50? I'll take them and not worry about beating them up.

Nice! Definitely would be worth it for $50. Definitely would be a step up from the stafford camlins.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Those are beautiful.

Comment

Very happy with the navy Calibrate slim fit gingham I purchased earlier in January. Looks and fits great. It's still on sale.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/calibrat...-shirt/3683722

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Haven't made my way into shell yet and I don't think I plan to, but these are definitely pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                          I have a pair of their herringbone sweatpants. Love them!
                          Have to say, I do love my cashmere sweatpants.

Comment

This suit has been floating around on the Bonobos sale section for a couple of months. On the one hand, I like that material and I've been kicking myself for not picking up the top half of a similar suit when it was available a while back from Lands End. On the other hand, a brown tweed three piece ain't exactly the most versatile thing one can put in one's wardrobe.

But the price kept dropping...and dropping...until I had to (HAD TO!) pull the trigger. I'm not sorry. Now I just gotta find a fox hunting party or some such...

(Pictured here as both a three piece and a two piece. Maybe it is versatile...)

Comment

Really sharp looking suit, Shomas. I've been similarly tempted by it but was put off by the fact that it's final sale and seems to lean a little gray-ish in color.

Does it fit TTS? Am I right in assuming the color reads almost as gray or is it just the lighting in the pics of it I've seen?

FWIW, I feel like a brown tweed three piece is extremely versatile for cold weather, which is why I've been keeping my eye out for one. You can wear it as a casual suit (w/ or w/o the vest) or you can break it up quite easily, I'd imagine, even the vest.

Comment

Thanks! It does fit pretty TTS, or at least true to my size. I'm a 38R in general (that's what fits my shoulders)*, but depending on the garment, that can sometimes edge into being a little tight in the midsection. However, Bonobos clothes fit me really well and I've recently firmed up my midsection a bit, so this suit fits me perfectly. The only thing I had to have taken care of was hemming the pants, which come unfinished. Otherwise, it's like it was made for me - I don't even have the slight "x" off the button that I tend to get when a jacket fits close.

As for the color, in low or indoor light, it can look a bit grayish from a distance, but close up or in natural light, it's very much brown, but with flecks of red, yellow orange, tan (as well as gray). It's also just really nice fabric. It feels substantial and looks kind of like burlap, but it's very soft. Overall, I'm really happy with it.

*I might be able to fit a 40R on rare occasions, and I had a Suit Supply salesman try to convince me I was a 40R a couple of months ago (the shoulders of the jacket hanging over my actual shoulders told a different story), but I always start with 38R as my default assumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X