Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Ben - sorry, they were both in my size and the only ones in the store. Keep a look out at your local Rack. I was actually hoping for some AEs in my size after hearing stories of people picking them up for around $100.

@Tat - Rack is like a thrift store. I've walked out with nothing 90% of the time (my wife likes shopping there as well so I've had several chances). Just keep an eye out and look in all of the shoe aisles. My 9.5D 1000 Mile boots were in the size 10.5 section. The 9.5D RL loafers were in the size 9 section and clearanced.

Still can't find those loafers anywhere on the interwebz...

Comment

This is a re-post from another thread, only because I had mentioned reviewing the Bonobos navy seersucker suit I had purchased last week. http://www.bonobos.com/the-charleston-seersucker-suit-navy

Their new suit fit (they changed the chest apparently?) definitely made it better for me (I'm less skinny / more former-athletic build than most on this forum), as their older suits didn't work for me. It's definitely a shorter jacket / slimmer lapels / more fashionable look than I usually wear, but I think that's perfect for the look.

I'm not a huge photo-poster, and my bathroom apparently has terrible lighting for photos... so this is all you get (linked only, even):

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/536564_648741235422_22100386_33409052_601524146_n. jpg

Getting the sleeves lengthened when I head to the tailor (looks like it has enough fabric to get a bit out of it), but otherwise, I'm a fan. Pants look a little funky in the picture, but that's from being folded up in the box. The buttons are sort of an iridescent darker shell that's pretty cool in person and more like the color in the Bonobos stock photos -- they apparently caught a lot of the flash in my photo.

Comment

BenR- Welcome back!

hornsup - That's a sweet suit. Looks great on you.

Comment

Got a pair of the Converse Jack Purcell LP slip sneakers in white for $20 from Marshall. A damn good deal IMO. They're 60-80 elsewhere

Comment

Hey Tat nice color in the Veblens! Just out of curiosity (and this may be my own ignorance of good-quality footwear), but when you wore them, were the soles particularly... "stiff"? I tried on a pair recently and the sole wouldn't bend with each step, it was like wearing a pair of ski boots. Is that something that breaks in?

Comment

I did notice the soles being a bit stiff per say, compared to my other calfskin shoes. I've only worn them about 3 times thus far, and each wear they are getting better. The sole and heal don't always have a smooth transition with each step. Also another thing I noticed on them, is that my heel sits higher in those shoes than others, and I think its because of the extra cushioning added into their shoe sole. I'm assuming it will go down over time and multiple wears.

Comment

If anyone is close to the outlet mall in Edinburgh, Indiana..

BR has 40% off EVERYTHING (besides S/S linen shirts). Also, in the Indianapolis Star this past weekend there was a coupon for 20% off $75 or $100 which is stackable.

Comment

Just got a shipment in from Bonobos.

1. Navy on navy seersucker shorts. Loved the suit that hornsup purchased. Had to get the little brother. http://www.bonobos.com/po-8824-seersucker-short-midnight-garden

2. This Burkman Bros shirt. http://www.bonobos.com/burkman-bros-highland-plaid-yellow-green-orange-blue

3. Wurkin Stiffs.

4. Travel denim. http://www.bonobos.com/travel-denim-...e-straight-leg

Probably gonna return these. I don't hate them; don't love them either.

Any recommendations on what I should swap them for?

Comment

@Jose -- niiiice, how are the shorts? the navy seersucker is my new favorite fabric.

Didn't realize they had wurkin stiffs back in stock, may have to grab some myself... along with another pair of pants I prob don't really need. They did send me a $25 off $100, so with the stiffs, i'd be over the threshold at least.

Any further insight on the travel denim? I was debating whether to go that route or whether to stick with their washed chinos. I'd say grab a(nother, i assume) pair of those if you have nothing else you want, or just save the credit for later when they have newer stuff moved into clearance/sale.

Comment

Anyone have the Bonobos Game Day Chinos? Thinking about a pair...

Comment

@hornsup

I'm wearing them now. I think they are fine. They only problem is 1) I already have a good pair of worn in light colored straight jeans and 2) they are an odd color--greenish grey or something like that. That leaves me wondering if I should try another color, but at the same time it's not like I don't have enough pants. I'll also (hopefully) be entering the workforce this year, so I don't need to keep stocking up on casual clothing.

Word of caution: I would size down to what you think is appropriate and then size down one more. These are the most vanity sized pair of pants I've ever seen. I wear 31-32 normally. These are 30's but I could definitely go down to 29 if I wanted to. They also have 2% spandex so a small size should shape to you.

tl;dr: Probably go with another pair of washed chinos. Maybe in a !.!C*r*A*z*Y!.! color.

Comment

Anyone know how that field jacket fits? I'm 5'9/160. Small or medium?

Comment

@jose -- good to know on sizing. I've heard that the bull denim (now travel denim) run a bit larger than their normal sizes. I'll probably stick with the chinos since they've yet to go wrong for me.

I do hear you on plenty of casual pants. I went a little crazy last yr with all their 20% / groupon sales, but I do want to grab another pair or 2, then chill for a while. Some were a size larger than I currently need (last yr was rough on the scale), so I may re-buy some basics to fill in at the lower size.

Comment

Just got these bedford cotton/linen blend pants in. I love 'em, its like my legs are wrapped in clouds.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/69541.jsp

Comment

Just got my Target blazers. Fit is good, just a touch snug in the torso and shoulders but totally wearable. The only weird thing is the shoulders are sewn kind of funny such that they almost look like roped shoulders instead of following my shoulder contour more naturally. I'm wondering if this is easy to fix because it's an unlined jacket, I basically want to "pull in" the upper part of the shoulder an inch so the fabric doesn't jut out. If I can make it work, totally worth the $35 each.

Comment

Working...
                                X