This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    And for comparison purposes, here's the medium. I'll probably end up listing it on here before I put it on Ebay. Makes more sense than me trying to ship it back to the UK.
    Definitely stick with the Small - looks good. The Medium just looks shapeless.

Comment

Yeah, I think the medium would look better on someone a few inches taller and weighing about 20 pounds more.

Comment

Yup, the black shell Dovers are going back. They don't seem to go with my semi-casual wardrobe. I did call ShoeMart about these that I've been considering for a few weeks but have been out of stock. They said they just placed another order for them this week so that means I still have to wait 20-22 weeks for Alden to produce them, etc. Black calfskin with a microcell sole.

Comment

was the shiny black too formal?

i'm avoiding black shell, because i think it comes across as patent leather

Comment

It was a combination of the leather and the design of the shoe that seemed more formal than what I was going for.

Comment

A few recent purchases came in. Two cords from Jcrew, one in khaki in the 770 fit and one in dark green in the 484. I'm not sure if the 484 actually fits me though, so I may have to resell that, here or on ebay.

I also ordered a Gant Rugger Madras shirt from eastdane, and that arrived today. I'm really impressed with it. It fits probably better than any other shirt that I've tried on so far, slim in the waist without being too tight in the chest, and the fabric feels noticeably softer and nicer than other shirts that I have, from Jcrew or BR or Bonobos.

Finally, the Ovadia & Sons cardigan arrived from Carson Street Clothiers. I ordered it in a small, despite being uncertain of what my size would be, but I think it worked out reasonably well. I'm still mulling that one over. But I'm a little disappointed in it. The fabric is a lot thinner and not as nice as I expected something originally selling for $300 to be. After looking at the tag, I learned why. The thing is actually a cotton-cashmere blend, not wool-cashmere as the site says! I'm most likely going to contact them and see if I can get them to take it back, because I wouldn't have purchased it if I knew what the actual materials were. Unless someone here wants it?

Comment

1973 Omega speedmaster professional "Moon Watch"
                Fantastic shape lume doesn't glow but isn't cracked or faded. Original dial never retouched. Overhauled in 2010

Comment

I would be interested to see pictures of your Omega. and details on where you got it/ price...

Comment

It's incoming now should have it in hand on 1/31. Local guy personal collection. Scored it at a very very low price $1975.00. Deals can be found just have to hunt most
                    145.022 tend to be 2200+ just need to find a mint example.

Comment

The Baxter State Parka arrived. I love this thing. Talk about warm. And for a snorkel-type parka, it looks damned good. I got it in a granite, which is very much like a vintage olive drab, but not too greenish. It has pockets all over the place, hidden ones included, but they're not obtrusive. Medium fits me almost perfectly (I'm 6.1, about 190, reasonably fit and trim) although it is a little big in the middle but I can easily resolve that with the cinches.

I love it.

Comment

Just ordered Penfield Kasson parka. Actually a pretty decent sale on it, for anyone that wants something of this sort. I have a few jackets and one warmer down coat, but actually nothing with a hood, or in this length (aside from older jackets and coats that I have yet to get rid of that don't fit at all). I got the burgundy, it looks like a nice color.

Comment

I bought that earlier this year but ended up returning it. There were two things that didnt work for me, 1 being that the ties to cinch the waste sat too high, and it made like a bubble halfway up my torso which I didnt like, and 2, our public transit drivers wear the same coloured coat and I couldnt deal with looking like them haha. It was great quality though, and if it fits you nicely its a steal at that price.

Comment

That burgundy color looks awesome. Too bad that's the one that is sold out in my sizes.

Comment

Recent Purchases

I had been looking for a pair of beater wingtip boots for rain/snow conditions. I found a pair of J & M Hattington boots at a seconds/returns place for $50. I had tried them on in a J & M store and they just didn't have my size. These, however, are perfect. They come feeling broken in. They have a plaid fabric lining which is great for cold days. Super nice? Obviously not? Worth the original $195? Not at all. $50? I'll take them and not worry about beating them up.

Comment

^ Lucky dog!! I know that store (and visit it weekly) and have been looking for a pair like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X