Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Express Micro Twill Photographer suit.

    I initially only wanted the pants but I found the whole suit on sale at a great price (<$170) and it fit great when I tried it on in the store.

    Comment


      3 sweaters arrived today. Just as a PSA, the Scott & Charters sale at Unionmade is pretty great. This one is TTS or slightly large: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/sc...nd-light-grey/
      This one is pretty tight, maybe could even go under a sport coat. I got a different color but for the cardigans order TTS or size up: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/sc...igan-in-cliff/
      The Carson St. Alan Paine cashmere v-necks are a great value too. I'm a US40 and ordered a UK42 and it fits pretty well. Order your US size or add 2 (website says subtract 2): http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/cas...k-sweater.html

      Comment


        Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        The Carson St. Alan Paine cashmere v-necks are a great value too. I'm a US40 and ordered a UK42 and it fits pretty well. Order your US size or add 2 (website says subtract 2): http://carsonstreetclothiers.com/cas...k-sweater.html
        Really, they run that small? There are a few thing that might actually fit me then, and it's quite tempting. Of course, I already ordered this Ovadia & Sons cardigan, so unless they can combine orders or grant free shipping, I really can't justify the purchase of further sweaters...

        Comment


          Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
          Really, they run that small?
          UK size seems to be the actual measurement.

          Comment


            Ooof. Fred, I wish I could justify more crewneck sweaters but I'm pretty set with two lambswool crewnecks (navy, light gray) at the moment. I love the birdseye. And I'm bummed I missed that Ovadia & Sons cardigan - I don't own any cardigans and was hoping to branch out. Seems like a useful layering piece under the white coat for colder TX mornings. I should probably go to a J Crew or something and actually try on a few different cardigan styles before dropping serious cash on a final sale though.

            Comment


              Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
              Express Micro Twill Photographer suit.

              I initially only wanted the pants but I found the whole suit on sale at a great price (<$170) and it fit great when I tried it on in the store.
              What defines a "photographer suit"? The Express website was of no help.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JGL View Post
                What defines a "photographer suit"? The Express website was of no help.
                It's the cut, like Banana's Classic Fit, Slim Fit, and Tailored fit.

                I believe the "Photographer" is their slimmest "tailored" fit, with the "Producer" being a slim fit.

                Comment


                  TBNY Parke loafer in dark brown suede. $147 on Amazon. Ordered minutes ago, already looking out the window for the UPS truck....



                  Picked up these Cole Haans in this light olive green this weekend also, which I love, but the TBNY's should be much more versatile.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                    It's the cut, like Banana's Classic Fit, Slim Fit, and Tailored fit.

                    I believe the "Photographer" is their slimmest "tailored" fit, with the "Producer" being a slim fit.
                    Thanks. They picked some very odd names to describe their cuts.

                    Comment


                      Just picked up this. After the second round of tailoring at Sid Mashburn, I foolishly thought I was good to go. Nope. (For background: I was intending to get MTM, but the guy talked me out of it for money, time and fit reasons ((no need to do MTM, he said)).)

                      I'm not very happy.




                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        Nice! What's the solid tie? Silk? Silk/wool?
                        Thanks! It's all silk.

                        Comment


                          I just received my tie from the recent Drake's website sale. It was not such a great deal as the one Fred got at the sidewalk sale, but I like the color and pattern of mine. I would not consider it a core wardrobe tie, but its a nice one to have. It is a silk printed foulard tie in navy blue. I'll probably wear it with one of my gray suits or my brown tweed sport coat.

                          Pictures of the unwrapping. The box seems to have changed since last year. It was previously just a plain dark blue box.







                          Here it is with the rest of my Drake's collection: navy grenadine, burgundy patterned grenadine, and shantung silk navy dot tie:

                          Comment


                            jonATL, what's wrong with the suit jacket? is it the wrinkling on the back view? i'm sorry, i don't see anything wrong on the front view.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                              I just received my tie from the recent Drake's website sale. It was not such a great deal as the one Fred got at the sidewalk sale, but I like the color and pattern of mine. I would not consider it a core wardrobe tie, but its a nice one to have. It is a silk printed foulard tie in navy blue. I'll probably wear it with one of my gray suits or my brown tweed sport coat.

                              Pictures of the unwrapping. The box seems to have changed since last year. It was previously just a plain dark blue box.
                              Looks great! Cool new box too. I don't see that one on the site, did it sell out? Are the flowers blue or greenish? Just wondering since they look a little different in different lighting in your pics.

                              Comment


                                I just checked the website again. It must have sold out. It used to be on the first page of the sale ties.
                                Now that you mention it, the flower color is strange. It looks light blue looking at it straight on, but it has a slight greenish tint when looking at it from an angle. Never noticed that before.

                                There are still several other similar styles available. They all look good. Like you said, Fred, it's hard to go wrong with their patterns.





                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X