Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking for a button up shirt that works as well with jeans on the weekend as with chinos at work. Hopefully short enough to work untucked as well.

The j.crew and jcf slim washed work well untucked but just seem to lay weird on me when they are tucked.

Today in Nordy Rack I picked up a Ben Sherman "Kings" slim fit that I think is about perfect.
    Its fit is in between my Calibrate Trim and my 1901 Slim. The 1901 yoke is so much smaller the 34/35 sleeves end up being too short and a bit snug up top, but good in the middle. The Calibrate is just a bit big overall, but drapes well despite that and the collar is my favorite.
    1901 could be worn untucked, Calibrate is too long.

Here's the Ben Sherman in pics, just the perfect amount of fabric in the right places and short enough to wear untucked. If I could just put the Calibrate collar on this...

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      leffot started preordering the alden ptb i've been eyeing just as i started weighing whether or not to get it or a different version with a commando sole... ended up going for it

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/pre...pre-order.html
      That deserves a pic. Here it is so we can all drool over it.

Comment

Im quite excited about it! Hopefully by the time it's delivered the weather will be nice, and I wont regret passing on the 990 with commando sole.

Good thing the drakes sale happened earlier, because after leffot I'm inclined not to go to any more sales for awhile

Comment

Buttero Taninos in Oxblood

Comment

Hentsch Man, 70% off from Mr Porter

Comment

First post!

Picked up some black Park Avenues today from nordy rack at $199! could not believe i found my size. Have never had any luck usually at the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                Buttero Taninos in Oxblood
                Where did you get these, and were they discounted? I love the look, but they run pretty steep for a pair of sneaks...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                  Where did you get these, and were they discounted? I love the look, but they run pretty steep for a pair of sneaks...
                  Of course, I can't remember the last thing I paid retail for! 50% off at Rooney: http://www.rooneyshop.com/collections/vendors?q=Buttero

Comment

Barbour Chelsea Flyweight Sportsquilt in Navy. Went true to size (M). One of my goals for this year was to get a S/S jacket (3-season in Houston) and I'm hoping this fits the bill. I think it's better for me than a Harrington style jacket, though I like that look as well.

Comment

So did the Chelsea fit you properly? Mine should arrive this week, although mine is the standard sportsquilt version.

Comment

So my local Orvis didn't have any Chelsea in but I spoke w/ a few reps who had experience w/ it and they suggested sizing down. Turns out that the Flyweight, based on the measurements at End Clothing, is actually trimmer than the standard sportquilt, and a few Barbour employees I spoke with on the phone said that I'd want a M to make sure I have enough room and movement in the shoulders.

For reference, the Flyweight Small is 17.5" in the shoulders and the Med is 18.5" according to End.

Comment

I think my size M is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and the S at the end of the week. I'll post about the fit once they get here.

Comment

Picked up this jacket from Billy Reid today.
                            http://www.billyreid.com/product/kni...-charcoal.html

Comment

A little delayed, but here are my finds from the Drakes sale Friday after work:

Comment

Nice! What's the solid tie? Silk? Silk/wool?

Comment

Working...
                                X