Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicious - Are those unlined Aldens? If so then I have the same pair in Tan. I find them to fit true to size so hopefully they work for you. They are great comfortable shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
      Vicious - Are those unlined Aldens? If so then I have the same pair in Tan. I find them to fit true to size so hopefully they work for you. They are great comfortable shoes.
      They are. I know I'm a 8.5D in them since I have a pair in brown leather and sand suede but this was from a foreign site so their description was a bit wonky. Sounded like they're trying to convert it to UK sizing so I did the best I could to decipher it. At 40% off Alden's, they were too hard for me to resist. A used pair of Alden's normally goes around that on eBay so I figured why not give it a shot. Here's a link in case anyone wants to check them out. They only had my size and 12 last night. Looks like they added 9.5 this morning.
      http://tres-bien.com/brand/alden/pla...de-dark-petrol

Comment

About the sizing on them, my other 2 pairs are on the Barrie last so I'm assuming these are as well. With the Barrie last you generally have to size down .5 so instead of my usual 9, I'm an 8.5. I'm surprised that yours are TTS unless they were on a different last.

Comment

they are all sorts of confused on that site...

–US 8 equals UK 8 = 28 centimeters
          lolwut

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
            they are all sorts of confused on that site...
            lolwut
            And then the talk about the E width. Guys on SF said they've ordered Aldens from there before and they were the normal width, so who knows. I ordered an 8.5 assuming it's 8.5D on the Barrie last. Anything else and I'll send them back and be out the return shipping.

Comment

My old brown dress belt was destroyed over a month ago. I've been creatively avoiding brown shoes for the past month. Just snagged this Allen Edmonds belt at Nordstrom for $49. Is it too weathered/casual for dress? I can't tell from the limited photo. The contrast stitching suggests 'yes,' too casual.
              http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...esults-_-1_1_A

EDIT: Oops, 38mm belt = 1.5". Also obviously listed on Allen Edmonds' website as the Yukon Casual Belt. Well, that should answer it!

Comment

Marathon - I got that belt to match an old pair of casual AE shoes (line escapes me right now). I've tried to wear it with my bourbon strands but I think you're right, the stitching doesn't work. Wish belts were cheaper, now that I've got a wider variety of shoes...

Comment

Gotcha. For a second I was pretty excited...Buffalo doesn't have too many options outside of the basics.

Comment

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...&pid=595995002
                    AG jeans are my favorite and I love this wash. I got two pair for 100.59 when piperlime had 40% off sale denim. I would say not a bad deal when they go for $168 regularly. I honestly haven't found a better pair between the geffens and matchbox that have a perfect taper and leg opening. I am bias because I have extremely long and skinny legs.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/1901-col...esults-_-1_7_D
                    Wanted these for a while and they came in today and I love them. Picked them up in rust/white. I wish they had a leather version as the shape of the toe I really like for a casual look with jeans or chinos.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/1901-lyn...j6_12.DBnEEaCg

Figured I would try these in rust (the same as Joe reviewed). I missed out on the Zara and SuitSupply suede double monks. I'm not sure if I am going to keep them because they are not as sleek/slim as I would prefer a double monk to be.

Comment

The Drake's pop-up in NYC was pretty great! Zillions of ties, $65 or 3 for $150! Knitwear was $95, no cashmere cardigans though. Didn't seem to be a lot of shirts, although they might have been picked over by the time I got there. Mostly larger sizes left like 17.5. I got there around 11:30 and it definitely was a zoo by then. A bunch of scarves, some throws, quite a few pocket squares from last summer's stock, no SCs unfortunately. Tie table was amazing, but complete chaos. Mostly 8cm, a few 7 and 9cm, no grenadines or boucles, a couple 7cm shantungs. Lots of great neats and prints though. Grabbed 6 ties and a sweater. I actually needed some good oranges and browns for fall, and I didn't own any Fairisle sweaters so it was a pretty successful trip for me anyway.

Pretty happy with the deal on the sweater since it was usually about $275: http://www.drakes-london.com/online-...k-sweater-3832

On a related note, I had mentioned the possibility in the tie width thread, but now I definitely don't need any of my 7 cm Drake's so I'm gonna put them up in Swap & Shop in a bit. I know most of you around here prefer sub-3" ties so if you need some gently used Drake's please take a peek at them once I have them listed.

Comment

i need that sweater in my life

Comment

Another day of temps under 10 degrees. My Baxter State Parka cannot get here soon enough.

Comment

The second and third ties from the left are AMAZING!

Comment

Quoddy loafers from UnionMade came in. I like them better than the Oak St ones that I had gotten in from LE a while back. These aren't quite as heavy as the Oak St loafers. There is still a bit of heel slippage in them but not nearly as much as I had in my AE Prestons. A buddy of mine told me you almost always get heel slippage with loafers in the beginning until you break them in and the sole gets used to flexing. Can anyone comment on if that's true? I really don't have much experience in the way of loafers.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                                The second and third ties from the left are AMAZING!
                                Thanks! Are you going down to the sale? The tie selection is pretty incredible!

Comment

Working...
                                X