Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by pratyk View Post
    Damn. Where'd you get that price?!
    Partly just lucky. They're sporadically restocking based on returns. Just happened to check the site to see that a Medium in granite had popped up, and they'd discounted that from the retail down to about $179. Then there's a promo code for 10 percent off. And then I had a $90 gift card from some Christmas returns.

    Comment


      Very well done! Been looking for something like that for a while.

      Comment


        Found 2 pairs of Alpha's at local TJ Maxx for $15 each. That was too good to pass up.

        Comment


          I've looked into getting a parka almost all winter long, it seems like. From all that I've seen and read, the LL Bean parka is supposed to be one of the best, especially in this price range (even its regular retail price of $229 is not bad). It's supposed to protect down to -45 F, and it looks better (to me) than a lot of other snorkel parkas out there. The only other parka I'd consider might be one from Sierra Downs or Canada Goose, but they can be quite a bit pricier.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            I've looked into getting a parka almost all winter long, it seems like. From all that I've seen and read, the LL Bean parka is supposed to be one of the best, especially in this price range (even its regular retail price of $229 is not bad). It's supposed to protect down to -45 F, and it looks better (to me) than a lot of other snorkel parkas out there. The only other parka I'd consider might be one from Sierra Downs or Canada Goose, but they can be quite a bit pricier.
            After watching the vid and reading the reviews, it seems quite warm. If I don't end up moving to Texas, maybe I'll pick one up next winter.

            Comment


              I actually prefer the look over any of the Canada Goose snorkel's I've seen. Can't believe I only just stumbled on that jacket. Would be perfect for what's going on in NY right now.

              Comment


                I finally got around to driving to Buffalo to pick up my Suitsupply suits I bought from the outlet and my RW's from STP at my mailbox a couple days back. The Napoli navy linen is amazingly beautiful. I didnt think I could find an OTR I would love more than the Ludlow, but I did. The material, fit, drape are all amazing, the shoulders are so natural. Everything was amazing. The extremely professional packaging was even a nice touch. The sleeves were stuffed, it came in a big tombstone shaped box so the suit wasnt folded, the torso area was in a boxish like contraption to keep it from wrinkling. I was quite impressed at the attention to detail. I also got one of the Roma suits, and I love everything about it except it seems to run a little long. Its a more traditional length, which i guess I am just not used to, especially on a more casual suit. I am going to see my tailor to see if it is possible to shorten it an inch. I am just undecided on whether or not I will get used to the length.

                Redwings were in pretty good condition. A couple of superficial scuffs that one care session will more than take care of. Unreal value at ~$95.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                  I finally got around to driving to Buffalo to pick up my Suitsupply suits I bought from the outlet and my RW's from STP at my mailbox a couple days back. The Napoli navy linen is amazingly beautiful. I didnt think I could find an OTR I would love more than the Ludlow, but I did. The material, fit, drape are all amazing, the shoulders are so natural. Everything was amazing. The extremely professional packaging was even a nice touch. The sleeves were stuffed, it came in a big tombstone shaped box so the suit wasnt folded, the torso area was in a boxish like contraption to keep it from wrinkling. I was quite impressed at the attention to detail. I also got one of the Roma suits, and I love everything about it except it seems to run a little long. Its a more traditional length, which i guess I am just not used to, especially on a more casual suit. I am going to see my tailor to see if it is possible to shorten it an inch. I am just undecided on whether or not I will get used to the length.

                  Redwings were in pretty good condition. A couple of superficial scuffs that one care session will more than take care of. Unreal value at ~$95.
                  There is a Suit Supply outlet near Buffalo?

                  Comment


                    Polo Ralph Lauren custom fit contrast rugby in welsh greeen from the sale last week. I've been wanting a rugby for a while now and glad I finally got one.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by buffalobills12 View Post
                      There is a Suit Supply outlet near Buffalo?
                      Negative -- they don't ship to Canada, I think, so he probably ordered them to a friend/family's place (or I guess a PO?) in Buffalo and hadn't had the chance to pick it up.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Teej View Post
                        Polo Ralph Lauren custom fit contrast rugby in welsh greeen from the sale last week. I've been wanting a rugby for a while now and glad I finally got one.

                        Man after mine own heart. I love the RLP custom-fit rugby shirts. I got a striped one last fall. I want another one.

                        Looks good on ya.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                          Man after mine own heart. I love the RLP custom-fit rugby shirts. I got a striped one last fall. I want another one.

                          Looks good on ya.
                          Thanks man! I'm really liking it. I will definitely be getting some more. I want a striped one too. I'd like to pick one up in crimson and white (the colors of my college). Do you or anyone else have recommendations on other brands? Can't really swing these unless there's a sale.

                          Comment


                            Gant makes great ones. I'd like to pick up one of theirs some day. Pricier, though.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by buffalobills12 View Post
                              There is a Suit Supply outlet near Buffalo?
                              Hornsup is correct. I have a box (really its a warehouse that gives you a "box" number and stores your package until you pick it up for a $5 fee. I purchased them a couple months back from the online outlet, but it wouldnt ship to Canada, so had to have them shipped there. Just got around to picking them up now.

                              Comment


                                A pair of blue suede shoes was on my want list for 2014. Just grabbed these - will have to wait until they come in to see if they are the correct size and model that I think they were.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X