This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    I'd sort of wanted to try Merz B. Schwanen for a while but there's no way I'm spending $100 on a henley. The Mutiny DC sale started and they had a bunch for half off so I ordered one yesterday.
    Mutiny DC had the size mislabeled on the site so they were actually out of the one I wanted. They gave me a private code (with my last name in it) good for 25% off any Merz henley when they get new stock in, so that was pretty great customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
      Got these. How's the fit? It feels a little big in the toe but I really like the color, even though it might be less conservative than most people in my office are used to:
      http://bit.ly/1cpDYcC
      That's on their roomiest last, IIRC. You may need to size-down. Otherwise you'd risk looking like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
        You're not a CPA or tax auditor by chance, are you? lol
        Not even close. My brother is but I never had the attention span to do something that tedious.

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        Pro-tip: spend one of those three "get out of jail free cards" on something for her, or an activity with her.
        Don't need the card for that. She's actually more happy with something that's free like going to a park and having a picnic than going to an expensive restaurant. Really, I could use my jail cards for anything but the worst thing I do is buy stuff. So this gives me 3 items I can get that she can't give me grief about. I was going to use 1 of them for my Alden Indy's but she didn't get mad about them so I got off easy there.

I might have to use one on these Quoddy's that I just picked up from Unionmade. Loafers were on my want list for 2014 so I'm hoping they fit since they're final sale.

Comment

I submitted a post a while ago regarding some $10.00 pocket squares I purchased from http://www.pastthepocket.com a week or so ago. I received them on Monday, and all I have to say is HELL YES! The squares are perfect, the fabrics are quality, and the prints I selected are awesome, and they were only 10 bucks! I signed up for their newsletter (which I can do without), because the daily emails can get a little repetitive, they do inform you of deals, new styles... ect. I'm never buying a square that cost more than 10 bucks again!

Comment

I decided to buy two pairs of pants from Bonobos winter sale. The Monarchs (still trying to figure out what to wear them with) and Bay City travel jeans. The Monarchs are bright! I regret not getting them in slim straight, though.

Comment

My sweaters are the one area of my wardrobe that needs some serious updating, and that was one of the sartorial goals for the year. Started by just ordering a couple of Scott & Charters sweaters on sale.

Comment

Fred, where did you find those on sale? I like them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                  Fred, where did you find those on sale? I like them a lot.
                  Unionmade

Comment

Good site.

Comment

Isaora stretch knit down jacket from their clearance sale.

Comment

Sweater updating, continued. First sweater from the little guys carrying a boat, half off from Hanger Project. I actually had a couple of unused Visa gift cards I got for xmas ($100, $75) that I used to buy Hanger Project gift certificates so I got a sweater that was originally $430 for a net out of pocket expense of $40. (Well, of course I could have used those cards for something else like groceries, but that's not as much fun.)
                        http://www.hangerproject.com/clothin...k-sweater.html

Comment

Was browsing the J. Crew sale section online for new additions after Joe's Thursday picks post last week. The four-season navy wool Ludlow appeared and the only size available was mine. I've been debating this blazer for over a year now. Was totally not in the market for a navy blazer, but I couldn't resist, especially with the 40% off price. Was a little nervous since it was Final Sale and non-returnable.

Came in today, and man oh man...sleeves may need a quarter of an inch trimmed, but everything else fits perfectly. Lapels don't seem to be as narrow as my Ludlow linen herringbone, or either of my wool Thompson jackets. Wondering if its because of the larger size that BB was eluding to in the lapel/tie width thread started over the weekend.

Comment

A couple time pieces for you watch guys.

Zodiac Sea Dragon reissue LE
                            Invicta 8926ob on a nato

Comment

L.L. Bean Baxter State Parka. For under $90. Woo hoo. Check out the vid.
                              Last edited by Duvel; January 22, 2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Damn. Where'd you get that price?!

Comment

Working...
                                X