This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    How much did you paid for that Grenson Declan? and where did you it from? Those look very nice.

by chance did you return this Polo RL Chelsea?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...le_iUS_rUS_dUS
    Yup, those are the ones I returned. They looked great on the website but when I got them they had a very blobby and chunky looking silhouette that I hated. Same with the lands end version.

I think I paid about $230 for them on Bonobos during one of their recent sales. bonobos say it's made in England on their site but there were stickers in the boots that said 'made in India'. Seems very well made and good quality leather though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Trueflame - none of those links are working for me
      Thanks for pointing that out, Vicious. I updated my original post with new links so hopefully it will work now - although I had to limit it to one picture each rather than the mr porter page for that item. Those probably were not showing up because they are sold out, and not even accessible on the main site, I had to get to them through my order history.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        Guys, I need your advice regarding some recent purchases that just arrived. I bought some things during the Mr Porter sale, and am a bit uncertain about them. First, these Jcrew chinos. They're more colorful than usual for me, though still quite tame, so I think they could be feasible in the warmer months. Do they seem versatile to you? I'm not entirely certain what I could pair them with beyond the very basics.
        The material is nice for the warmer months, but I found that the color isn't very versatile. I bought a pair in the same color at the end of last summer when it was on final sale and I ended up selling it on ebay because it was tough to pair it with anything other than a white/grey t-shirt or a white OCBD (from what I had in my closet).

Comment

I have chinos in a similar color and while it's not the most versatile color there's still plenty you can wear with it. I have a navy Breton stripe sweater I like wearing with it. Basically anything navy and charcoal/gray would work.

Comment

Heschungs arrived. They are really nice but definitely too big. Final sale but Greg (gdl203 on SF) is letting me swap them for a 9.5. I'd sort of wanted to try Merz B. Schwanen for a while but there's no way I'm spending $100 on a henley. The Mutiny DC sale started and they had a bunch for half off so I ordered one yesterday.

Comment

Fred - So they run a half size big? Also, your PM box was full the other day.

Comment

Picked these mocs up during the RL sale this past week. They are super comfy and were a great deal but I'm not sure about suede for boat mocs. Threw them on with whatever I was wearing today. Can anyone figure out who made them based on the writing? They're made in USA but I was just trying to figure out who might have manufactured them.

Yoyo - I'll explain my creative accounting later as to how I'm fitting this in to my $100/month budget.

Comment

i'd guess rancourt

Comment

Fred - So they run a half size big? Also, your PM box was full the other day.
                    Yeah, at least a half. Pretty sure a whole size down would be too much so I'm going down a half. Even though they were final sale NMWA sent me a prepaid label to exchange them. Great store!

I deleted some PMs too.

Comment

Yoyo - I'll explain my creative accounting later as to how I'm fitting this in to my $100/month budget.
                      LOL - you don't need to explain it to *me*, brother; just to your wife.

Full disclosure: I *almost* commented on your recent "haul" (LOL), but as I've already said... it's none of my business. I would've only been messin' around with ya anyway. Funny comment though, man. LOL

Enjoy those! - they look great, and I bet they're wonderfully built. I'd agree that they're likely by Rancourt.

I've tried on some of RL's Elrick tassle loafers, ?name boat shoes, and ?name penny loafers - all at Nordy Rack recently - and they were all very nice. Sadly (but probably realistically good for my wallet and my not-quite-*lean*-yet wardrobe) they were all too small for me. I really liked the Elrick - as it didn't bow out like many loafers with a shorter vamp (if I have the shoe "part" correct) typically do on my feet.
                      Last edited by yoyorobbo; January 15, 2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        LOL - you don't need to explain it to *me*, brother; just to your wife.

Full disclosure: I *almost* commented on your recent "haul" (LOL), but as I've already said... it's none of my business. I would've only been messin' around with ya anyway. Funny comment though, man. LOL
                        Basically, I got 3 'Get Out of Jail Free' cards from the wife for my birthday. I used 1 when I bought my Tissot chrono. If I decide to keep the quilted Barbour jacket, I'll use another one.

The blucher mocs above, I'm just going to wait and not tell her about it until February so that will go on next month's books and will end up having to be my only purchase for the month.

Comment

Basically, I got 3 'Get Out of Jail Free' cards from the wife for my birthday. I used 1 when I bought my Tissot chrono. If I decide to keep the quilted Barbour jacket, I'll use another one.

The blucher mocs above, I'm just going to wait and not tell her about it until February so that will go on next month's books and will end up having to be my only purchase for the month.
                          You're not a CPA or tax auditor by chance, are you? lol

Comment

Pro-tip: spend one of those three "get out of jail free cards" on something for her, or an activity with her.

Comment

Bruschetta's wrong, you always spend your last wish on more wishes. Go print more get out of jail free cards.

Comment

Got these. How's the fit? It feels a little big in the toe but I really like the color, even though it might be less conservative than most people in my office are used to:
                                http://bit.ly/1cpDYcC

Comment

Working...
                                X