Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to return a couple ill-fitting Christmas gifts to the outlets last week, and I stuck my head in the BR Factory store. I don't typically expect much from them, but I had time to kill. I was fortunate enough to find this olive green fatigue jacket. The shell is a canvas-like cotton material. It's got a brown corduroy collar, inner placket, and inner cuffs. It has handwarmers and an inner pocket as well. Not too shabby for $40. I'd been looking for a non-navy-colored light casual jacket, and this fits the bill quite well.

Comment

BJ... Have an item number or able to find it online any where?

Comment

Not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldFDraper View Post
          BJ... Have an item number or able to find it online any where?
          Nope. It's a Factory item, so it won't be sold online, unfortunately.

Comment

I couldn't resist and bought some items with the up to 80% off promo STP is running currently. Brown Gordon Rush Chelsea boots (don't know much about the brand, but they are made in Portugal rather than China), a jacket, and two suede penny loafers, by Sperry and Sebago, to see if one will fit me. I have no loafers at all, so I think I could use one in my arsenal.

Comment

I'm weak. I was trying not to spend any $ this month, but the Heschungs for 40% off at NMWA got me. I actually don't have a basic black plain toe derby so I just bought this Heschung Crocus with a norvegese welt. I called them up and they said they ran true to size (the sole measurements on the site run really large) so I just ordered my regular US10. We'll see how they fit.

Comment

I recently purchased some pocket squares with some left over Christmas funds from http://www.pastthepocket.com. I heard/found out about Past The Pocket on this forum http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...quares-Shipped in early December and just now got around to making my first purchase. I haven't received them yet, but the patters that I purchased were unique and only $10.00 including shipping so either way I'm thinking I got a great deal. I will re-post with more information and photos when my squares arrive!

Comment

Was just at a local Jcrew to return some stuff I purchased over the past month, and checked out the sale section while there. I didn't see any blazers or suits or anything particularly notable there (selection was pretty poor, except for a bunch of nordic shawl cardigans, but I did find one purple slub polo. It was marked as $29.99, but when I went to check out somehow the price came out as $9.99. Add to that the 50% off sale items and student promo, and I walked out with a perfectly good polo for $4.25.

Comment

$8 shirt at GAP, after extra 30 percent off. I normally don't like a lot of GAP stuff. But I had to get this. It's a military green long-sleeved button up with side-tab button thing on the sleeves (you roll up the sleeves and button the tab etc.). I've wante this style of shirt for a while. The shirt fits very slim and the fabric is decent. Will be a great warm weather shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                      I'm weak. I was trying not to spend any $ this month, but the Heschungs for 40% off at NMWA got me. I actually don't have a basic black plain toe derby so I just bought this Heschung Crocus with a norvegese welt. I called them up and they said they ran true to size (the sole measurements on the site run really large) so I just ordered my regular US10. We'll see how they fit.
                      Those look nice! You're lucky, size 10 is a great size to be. I used to be a 10, and I had great luck finding deals in that size.

Comment

Just went to the JC Penny in my town (Greensboro, NC). All of the Ron Johnson/ Wooster stuff was on clearance. Bought the Stafford Prep Barbour-type coat for $37. Wooster dress shirts for $12.

Comment

Getting prepared for summer:

Comment

Guys, I need your advice regarding some recent purchases that just arrived. I bought some things during the Mr Porter sale, and am a bit uncertain about them. First, these Jcrew chinos. They're more colorful than usual for me, though still quite tame, so I think they could be feasible in the warmer months. Do they seem versatile to you? I'm not entirely certain what I could pair them with beyond the very basics.

Second, and even more importantly since it is more expensive... I bought two Drake's ties. A spur of the moment decision, and I've never owned any ties nicer than what you can buy at The Knottery. This is one tie, and this one I really like, both in feel and design. The second is this, and though I really liked it in the pictures, in person it looks rather unpolished. The tip is unlined and therefore really floppy, and there is pilling and roughness throughout the fabric. It might make a good casual tie, but I can't justify a $50 casual tie purchase, especially since I don't even wear ties enough to even use them outside a formal context. So am I missing something in terms of fine quality, or should I return this? As I said, I've never owned a high quality tie before, so I don't even know how to evaluate them. And I guess what I'm also asking is whether it seems reasonable for someone like me to spend any money at all on Drake's ties, when I have no real need for them. Thanks!
                            Last edited by Trueflame; January 14, 2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

How much did you paid for that Grenson Declan? and where did you it from? Those look very nice.

by chance did you return this Polo RL Chelsea?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...le_iUS_rUS_dUS
                              Originally posted by fauxshow View Post

Finally found a pair of chelsea boots I'm happy with! I returned 3 pairs of boots (Zara, Land's End, Polo Ralph Lauren) before finding these.

Grenson Declan

Comment

Trueflame - none of those links are working for me

Comment

Working...
                                X