X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbun13 View Post
    Do you guys think this was a solid buy?

Sorry man, I would have passed on those. You never really want to see creasing on the actual cap toe and those are quite creased. That combined with the fairly significant ankle gap means that these were definitely the wrong size for the original owner. As with any used shoe, the corkbed could have substantially been compressed to the other owner's feet, but if he was wearing the wrong size this could be more of a problem. The color isn't very even, especially on the left cap, but you can probably even that out with some polish. Not sure who did the topys on the bottom, but obviously you'll have to fix that before wearing or one foot will be walking differently that the other. Also, it's not a huge deal, but those topys likely voided any chance of sending them back to AE for a resole. The other creasing from wear isn't too significant, but he neither mentions nor shows pics with shoe trees so I bet he didn't use them. On the positive side, I have a pair of AEs on the 0 last (AE Boston) and that's one of my favorite AE lasts.

Comment

Also, the Evanston is in the Fall 2009 catalog, but not in Spring 2010 so that gives you a basic time frame as to when they were discontinued if you're curious about the age.

Comment

Just purchased my first pair of boots:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          Islays!!! Those look great! Be sure to drink some Islay whisky tonight to celebrate!

Comment

Vanquish, where did you get them? From a C&J store? If there's any sort of sale on Islays going on somewhere, give us the details!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
              Vanquish, where did you get them? From a C&J store? If there's any sort of sale on Islays going on somewhere, give us the details!
              Awesome boots, I have a pair myself which has been getting a ton of wear recently. Anyone know if Alden defender will dry the leather on the Islays? I want to waterproof them a little bit against the snow and rain.

Comment

Thanks Fred, great analysis. Guess I should have posted this before purchasing. Hopefully the flaws you mentioned can either be rectified or overlooked by me. Otherwise, I probably will have to sell them. I'll post an update once I get them.

Comment

RLX spring/summer golf jacket. Royal blue 100% poly but has a great feel to it. Nice styling a bit different than your normal Polo baracuta Kennedy type jackets.

Comment

What do you guys think?

Elie Tahari I picked up at Marshall's for $95. Original price: $695.

IT'S TEAL!

Comment

These are the most ridiculously beautiful boots I have ever owned! Also a perfect fit and ridiculously comfortable, and I could not tell why they were seconds. Looked like maybe they had been tried on on carpet, as there were some very minor scuffs on the soles. Nothing like there was after I wore them around the house on the hardwood floors for 10 minutes.

Comment

Which boots are those? They look really nice.

I think the trickers chukkas I got from STP are probably going back. I'll give them a better try tomorrow but they seem they might be a bit big.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post

These are the most ridiculously beautiful boots I have ever owned! Also a perfect fit and ridiculously comfortable, and I could not tell why they were seconds. Looked like maybe they had been tried on on carpet, as there were some very minor scuffs on the soles. Nothing like there was after I wore them around the house on the hardwood floors for 10 minutes.
                          Those 1K Miles's look great! Enjoy them, absolutely love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            Which boots are those? They look really nice.

I think the trickers chukkas I got from STP are probably going back. I'll give them a better try tomorrow but they seem they might be a bit big.
                            Wolverine 1000 mile seconds from STP. Website said they were brown, but I think they are burgundy, which is AOK with me, because the burgundy Chromexcel is pretty much my favorite.

Comment

Great looking boots, Matt. Glad those worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X