This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Who on earth reads from a (not particularly well-composed) type-written script to propose? It's a proposal, not a state of the union address.
    Some people are weird. Maybe he just had it there just as a safety net and memorized it. I am currently planning my own proposal. Definitely going for something very different than that. I have thought of many different ways to pop the question and none of them involved writing down or typing out a speech.

Anyway, that is a very interesting find.

Comment

Maybe he was proposing to a saleswoman at J.Crew and his plan was to go down on one knee at the checkout line.

Comment

I showed that to my wife and her first reaction was 'are they cousins?' When she heard the line about watching nices and nephews grow up.

Anyways, I used up all of my remaining store credit and a bit of cash to get the Bonobos Shamus navy trench coat. I ended up keeping the small because the medium looked like I was drowning in it even though the small is a bit restrictive but not too badly.

Comment

Picked up a pair of GAP straight selvedge jeans for $25 at local GAP store and a new with tags CK wool navy blazer for $50 off eBay.

Comment

Nonsartorial:

A six-pack of Expedition (hey, it's winter).
            A used LP copy of 8-Way Santa by Tad (e-Bay). Damn, it's not green vinyl. Oh, well. It has the cover.

Comment

A little late posting and also didn't receive them until a few days ago but I purchased these on piper lime on Christmas for 29.98 shipped.

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product...t_men/26031692

brown suede

Comment

Awsome price for DB's, I thought I did well getting a pair in Taupe Suede for $68 (Amazon).

Comment

Pipelime has pretty good sale prices. I wonder why I haven't checked them out before. How come they never seem to get a mention around here? I would think this is the kind of place Joe would plug on the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                    Pipelime has pretty good sale prices. I wonder why I haven't checked them out before. How come they never seem to get a mention around here? I would think this is the kind of place Joe would plug on the front page.
                    Maybe because they're mail-order only? I'm with you though. Not too long ago, my wife and I snagged some awesome boots (Michael Kors for her and Red Wings for me) at a steep discount from them.

Comment

Agreed.

Since they're part of the Gap family, a lot of Gap/BR discounts work on Piperlime.

Comment

I'll second that, I got my Clark's DB in beeswax for about $55 with a $20 rewards coupon stacked on the sales codes. My only complaint is that their selection isn't all that great.

Comment

Finally found a pair of chelsea boots I'm happy with! I returned 3 pairs of boots (Zara, Land's End, Polo Ralph Lauren) before finding these.

Grenson Declan

Comment

Fauxshow - I agree. Those chelseas look great and it's interesting that that in person photo looks better than the stock photo.

Comment

They look great in your WIWT pics - nice find.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmond...-/171208320423
                                I just impulse bought this over ebay. It's a pair of discontinued AE Evanston (similar to the Fifth Ave. except for ankle brogueing) in walnut, for $95 total. I'm new to the AE game and this is my first 'used' clothing purchase. Do you guys think this was a solid buy? And also how versatile do you think this shoe is, since it is a bit more formal in style than the Strands? What kind of outfit and color combos do you think would work for them? Please don't tell it'll only work for navy and light grey suits, haha. Thanks in advance for any input.

Comment

Working...
                                X