This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Black shell longwings at Nordy Rack. Whaaaaat?!?

Florsheim by Duckie Brown - saw them right before I walked out. $130 quickly escaped the clutches of my money clip.
    Excellent find! You seem to have some great luck at your Nordy Rack. I've never found anything worth buying at mine outside of some cheap Woodlore shoe trees.

Comment

Florsheim by Duckie Brown - saw them right before I walked out. $130 quickly escaped the clutches of my money clip.
      Nice! Been wanting to make a trip to my (semi) local Rack....

Comment

Thanks guys. I was pretty stoked; so much so that I took and uploaded that grainy, dimly-lit pic. I'll try to snap a better one in the daylight.

Andrew/Luke, best wishes on your Nordy Rack adventures. They truly are hit & miss; mostly miss. But this particular one I consider a decent looting.

Comment

This forum needs more emoticons. None of them quite convey how HOLY BALLS impressed by this find. Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            This forum needs more emoticons. None of them quite convey how HOLY BALLS impressed by this find. Way to go.
            Haha! Yeah, "HOLY BALLS" was close to what I exclaimed when I realized what they were.

I've read a mix of both negative and glowing reviews of this DBxF cordo lineup - some folks have had issue with the quality while others - nothing but great XP. I figured they were worth a shot.

I already have the very similarly-styled Veblens in a nice casual versatile brown, which fit my dorky pan-flat feet very well, so here's hoping these work out too. So far so good, on the indoor carpet auditioning. With the sturdy stacked soles and the hardy Horween Cordovan they are absolute BEASTS.

But yeah... HOLY BALLS! Thanks, Los.

Comment

Yoyo, have you found those Clarks chukkas yet? I've emailed the UK site but still no response--more than a week ago, so what's up with their customer service?!

Comment

No Duvel, not yet. We hit a local outlet mall which I thought might carry them, but did not see them.

There's another Clarks store nearby that I was also thinking of. We'll probably hit that outdoor mall soon too, but not right now during... *SNOWMAGEDDON*!

I'll let ya know if/when I do. And hopefully you hear back soon from the UK side.

Comment

i received this jcrew sport coat this morning

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...3995/33995.jsp

and found that it was wardrobed (bought to be worn once then returned) and found these vows in the pocket...

Comment

He's promising only 70 years. And he wore a "wardrobed" jacket to their wedding. Can you say, Red flags?

Comment

Hahah, that's neat!

Comment

Other red flags:
                        -Failing to spell out numbers smaller than twelve
                        -Failure to use an Oxford comma
                        -Lack of parallelism (e.g. first two use 'You' followed by perfect tense, third uses present tense)
                        -Her passions are hula hoops, cupcakes, and fitness
                        -Her smile is extra large but her head is medium sized

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                          He's promising only 70 years. And he wore a "wardrobed" jacket to their wedding. Can you say, Red flags?
                          in his defense, if i paid msrp for this thing i'd want my money back too i paid $125, and it's still not such a great deal imo

Comment

Gosh Monika is SUCH a lucky woman! ;-)

Comment

Maybe he was just proposing; and kept the tags on just in case she said "no ah-ah."

I do like the pocket treasures (WODER!) that can often be found in thrifted sportcoats, etc. Some of them can be pretty cool, historically. Still, this one is lame if the previous owner did indeed wear once and return.

Comment

Who on earth reads from a (not particularly well-composed) type-written script to propose? It's a proposal, not a state of the union address.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X