X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some new sunglasses:

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      I know it's really none of my business, but isn't that 2.5X your New Year's Resolution monthly spending budget? Doh! - "But honey... I really needed them."

Maybe I'm mixing up everyone's NYRs. Dunno. Again, admittedly it's really none of my business... So have at it!
      Haha, it is. I figure if I buy them and really like them, I can try to sell another pair to make enough money so I still come in under my $100 budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Haha, it is. I figure if I buy them and really like them, I can try to sell another pair to make enough money so I still come in under my $100 budget.
        Work it, brother!

I was just messin' with ya - you know that. Hopefully they're cool. They *look* great. Enjoy them and wear them in good health.

Comment

Alright I know I JUST bought redwing 1000 miles, but I've been desperately in need of a black dress shoe (or any dress shoe really) for some time now. What I really wanted was a pair of AE Strands, but $$$. So I got these Johnston & Murphy Austin Wingtips from STP. I used today's 40% discount code that also gives an eGiftcard of $15 for orders over $100, threw in a pair of shoe trees, and a tin of black shoe polish, and used a $10 credit I got from their referral program. and brought them home for $90 with another $15 credit to use later.

My girlfriend thinks I am spending too much money on clothes, and she might have a point, but everyone needs a good pair of dress shoes. I mean I keep pairing suede bucks with my dressier outfits just because that's the dressiest thing I own. Back me up here guys. I needed these right?

Comment

Just got my first navy blazer:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...3736/03736.jsp

My office/life is a bit more casual so I went with a cotton, single button navy one. It will rarely get worn with dress shirts, mostly more casual button downs and OCBDs. Still unsure if i'm going to keep it though as its never a good sign if I've never seen a blazer even mentioned on this site. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by adamm View Post
              Just got my first navy blazer:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...3736/03736.jsp

My office/life is a bit more casual so I went with a cotton, single button navy one. It will rarely get worn with dress shirts, mostly more casual button downs and OCBDs. Still unsure if i'm going to keep it though as its never a good sign if I've never seen a blazer even mentioned on this site. Thoughts?
              I've tried that one on in-store and it's really nice. The cotton is super soft, and the herringbone gives it just enough texture.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                My girlfriend thinks I am spending too much money on clothes, and she might have a point, but everyone needs a good pair of dress shoes. I mean I keep pairing suede bucks with my dressier outfits just because that's the dressiest thing I own. Back me up here guys. I needed these right?
                Black oxfords are an essential part of a man's wardrobe.

You'd be perfectly justified in purchasing those, as they will become a cornerstone of your footwear collection (along with brown dress shoes, suede bucks/chukkas, and a pair of leather boots).

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  Black oxfords are an essential part of a man's wardrobe.

You'd be perfectly justified in purchasing those, as they will become a cornerstone of your footwear collection (along with brown dress shoes, suede bucks/chukkas, and a pair of leather boots).
                  Thanks! I actually have a pair of suede bucks, several pairs of boots in including the aforementioned 1000 miles soon, and half a pair of Brown Church's cap toes pictured below. I dropped the other shoe off at a cobbler in Boston, and just have to wait util the next time I meet up with my friend in Boston to get it reunited with it's brother. At that point I should have all the bases covered.

P.S. kinda want something in a navy blue suede, maybe a saddle shoe, but that would be in the want more than need category.

Comment

How about some blue suede chukkas (J Crew - $99 or less in stores) or these, from Skechers that I bought a short time ago:

Comment

Navy suede? Two options:
                      1) plain toe bluchers. Walk-Over often has them for around $100 and the quality can't be beat for that price.
                      2) loafers - tassels I think are the common choice here but a penny loafer would also work. You could also go for driving mocs. I think BR had a pair last year?

Comment

Ha, I did the same thing except I dropped $300 on a pair of Alfred Sargent Epsom oxfords 2 weeks before a wedding because I told myself they'd be a cornerstone of my wardrobe and that I'd have them for the rest of my life. Not to mention that the only other black dress shows I have are Kenneth Cole square-toe clunkers that my wife and I bought in 2003 when I was utterly clueless about mens style. Needless to say, my wife wasn't pleased that I spent so much $$$ on one pair of shoes. I rarely dress up so don't get to wear them much but don't regret my decision one bit. They are indeed a great pair of shoes that I'll have for many decades to come and look super sharp with my suit.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          Navy suede? Two options:
                          1) plain toe bluchers. Walk-Over often has them for around $100 and the quality can't be beat for that price.
                          2) loafers - tassels I think are the common choice here but a penny loafer would also work. You could also go for driving mocs. I think BR had a pair last year?
                          Yes I've been eyeing the Walk-overs, as well as some similar blue suede bluchers for a while and I've also seen some saddle style I like. I don't care for loafers though, especially not tassel loafers.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                            Yes I've been eyeing the Walk-overs, as well as some similar blue suede bluchers for a while and I've also seen some saddle style I like. I don't care for loafers though, especially not tassel loafers.
                            In blue suede I think driver mocs could be a good choice. Bucks, maybe, but it sounds like you have enough of those. Maybe a chukka?

As for recent purchases: bought Unbranded 201 selvedge jeans today, for just $42!

Comment

Black shell longwings at Nordy Rack. Whaaaaat?!?

Florsheim by Duckie Brown - saw them right before I walked out. $130 quickly escaped the clutches of my money clip.

Comment

Love hearing about fellow dappers stumbling upon deals like this. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X