This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fey View Post
    i went to kamakura shirts on new years day to buy a $100 3-shirt grab bag. since each shirt is $80 a pop i thought why not. i'm now looking for an outfit for a yellow button down shirt lol

i did also get a perfectly usable light blue spread collar, which looks stunning with its quality. though i am between sleeve sizing and as a result my sleeve cuffs stick out quite a bit under a suit, which i know i am the only one that cares about it :P
    Looked like a great deal. Too bad I'm not in NYC. How is the quality of their shirts? I've heard good things about them.

Comment

Dang, that's a great deal! Their website said 9am on 1/1 though. I was barely functioning at that point, and after that spent the next couple of hours making the Canal House "Cleansing Ginger-Chicken Soup."

A few Roda pocket squares from Gilt arrived today though.
      https://www.gilt.com/look/?s_id=6ffb...7068&size_id=1
      https://www.gilt.com/look/?s_id=fe52...7062&size_id=1
      https://www.gilt.com/look/?s_id=0b9a...7072&size_id=1

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Wish I had known. I actually need a pair of black bluchers. It's one of the only things missing from my shoe collection.
        Vicious, pro jcrew warehouse shoppers in NC sell those plain toe preston bluchers on ebay for around 90-120 but for that price, I don't think you'll be happy with the quality knowing your shoe collection. The leather doesn't feel or move nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          Looked like a great deal. Too bad I'm not in NYC. How is the quality of their shirts? I've heard good things about them.
          once you try them, jcrew/bb/tyrwhitt/etc shirts just seem like wasted money

fred- i went around 4pm. that's about when i woke up :P they had 4 or 5 bags left at that time, kinda wish i could have bought another bag! I'm digging that floral patterned ps

Comment

once you try them, jcrew/bb/tyrwhitt/etc shirts just seem like wasted money

fred- i went around 4pm. That's about when i woke up they had 4 or 5 bags left at that time, kinda wish i could have bought another bag! I'm digging that floral patterned ps

gasp are they still doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              To be fair, Christmas is the most miserable time of the year for any retail worker.
              Totally. I've worked Black Friday and other retail hell days in the past, so I understand how miserable things get. That's why I usually dismiss poor attitudes around this time of year.

Comment

i did also get a perfectly usable light blue spread collar, which looks stunning with its quality. though i am between sleeve sizing and as a result my sleeve cuffs stick out quite a bit under a suit, which i know i am the only one that cares about it :P
                If you move and resew the cuff button so that the cuff is slightly tighter, you can actually "shorten" the sleeves (actually the cuff will just sit slightly higher on your wrist). I've done this with a lot of my shirts that have slightly too-long sleeves. It's cheaper than tailoring every shirt and doesn't take much time, especially if you do it while watching TV or something.
                Ben

Comment

I finally pulled the trigger on some Alden Indy 403s. Decided to get the natural cxl. They are being shipped, and I could not be more excited. Anyone have any experience with the natural cxl? I know it's not as popular as the JCrew color.

Comment

i went to kamakura shirts on new years day to buy a $100 3-shirt grab bag. since each shirt is $80 a pop i thought why not. i'm now looking for an outfit for a yellow button down shirt lol

That's a sweet deal - I'm very satisfied with the two shirts I bought there recently. So you got yellow and a blue spread, what was the third?!

Comment

Originally posted by yodersphinx View Post
                      I finally pulled the trigger on some Alden Indy 403s. Decided to get the natural cxl. They are being shipped, and I could not be more excited. Anyone have any experience with the natural cxl? I know it's not as popular as the JCrew color.
                      It will develop a nice patina over the years, much better than the darkbrown/burgandy cxl.

Post pics when they arrive. And then again in six months.

Comment

Last night I pulled the trigger on a navy Filson Oregon Trail Jacket since it's exactly the kind of lightweight jacket I can see myself wearing both in the field for work (I'm a wildlife biologist) as well as around town as a casual spring/fall jacket. I was saving up the money I used to buy it for a Filson moleskin vest but couldn't pass up this handsome and functional a jacket at such a price. I'll resume saving up for the vest (which I also envision using for both the field and office) next. I'm pretty excited; I've been drooling at Filson gear since I first learned about the company last year and this will be my first purchase from them!

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Vicious, pro jcrew warehouse shoppers in NC sell those plain toe preston bluchers on ebay for around 90-120 but for that price, I don't think you'll be happy with the quality knowing your shoe collection. The leather doesn't feel or move nice.
                          Thanks for the tip.

STP finally had a few pairs of Trickers in something smaller than a UK9 so I picked these up last night for $240. I'm normally a UK8 but the smallest they had was UK8.5. I'm not familiar with Trickers sizing so I'm really hoping these fit.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/tri...colorFamily=01

Last edited by Vicious49; January 2, 2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRicketts View Post
                            Last night I pulled the trigger on a navy Filson Oregon Trail Jacket since it's exactly the kind of lightweight jacket I can see myself wearing both in the field for work (I'm a wildlife biologist) as well as around town as a casual spring/fall jacket. I was saving up the money I used to buy it for a Filson moleskin vest but couldn't pass up this handsome and functional a jacket at such a price. I'll resume saving up for the vest (which I also envision using for both the field and office) next. I'm pretty excited; I've been drooling at Filson gear since I first learned about the company last year and this will be my first purchase from them!
                            I've been pondering this very jacket, but I've already gotten two new ones this year (Orvis Field Coat and the Boden Quilted), and I know my fiancee would give me major hell for getting a third. Still, I would like something in navy...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Thanks for the tip.

STP finally had a few pairs of Trickers in something smaller than a UK9 so I picked these up last night for $240. I'm normally a UK8 but the smallest they had was UK8.5. I'm not familiar with Trickers sizing so I'm really hoping these fit.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/tri...colorFamily=01
                              I know it's really none of my business, but isn't that 2.5X your New Year's Resolution monthly spending budget? Doh! - "But honey... I really needed them."

Maybe I'm mixing up everyone's NYRs. Dunno. Again, admittedly it's really none of my business... So have at it!

Hell, I already spent money this year too - today, in fact - on Dapperedly-goods. Nothing crazy, just a pair of the JCP Claiborne chocolate-brown suede wingtips and a pair of the JCP white/grey GAT-wannabes. Ah well... there's always tomorrow. Right?

Comment

Finally got a pair of AE Walnut Strands, a made to measure sportcoat and some really nice cords today in a January sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X