This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    These are slim but straight cut. I have tried all the JCrew fits, GAP skinny fit, and Dockers Alpha Slim, but haven't found the perfect one yet. It needs to be for casual wear, not tailored trousers. These are comfortable, but I agree they look a little baggy on the side view. Should I return this and keep looking? I kept the tags on.

The JCF belt is great quality. It has that good leather smell and it is thick but soft. Seems to fit true to size. The color is a nice medium tan. The edges have a casual look, so they are not good for dress pants. I might have preferred the buckle without the roller, but that was not an option.
    Unless you're considering having them tapered by a tailor, I'd say return them.

I know your pain, I was on a similar pants hunt earlier in the year. Have you tried any of the Banana Republic Kentfield pants? They're slim/straight and are more dressy than a casual chino, probably comparable to the J. Crew Bowery, but maybe a tad more casual. Lots of sales in store and online at the moment, though I'm not sure how many sizer are still available online. Picked up a blue herringbone cotton version last week for $20 in store.

Knew I should have snagged that belt during the Holiday JCF sale! Looks good.

Comment

LCDR: Have you checked out Lands End Canvas?

Comment

LCDR, they just look too big. I'd return them.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          LCDR, they just look too big. I'd return them.
          Nice material and color, but this man above me is correct.

Comment

Thanks for the honest opinions, they will have to be returned. I don't want to settle for improper fit anymore.

Comment

Tailored Fit Gray Cotton Blazer came in from the post Christmas BR 50% off sale today.

http://m.bananarepublic.gap.com/prod...=2&pdn=bc26219

Was pretty excited about snagging this for $10, but it's cut just a tad bit slimmer than the other Tailored Fit blazers I have. That or I've snuck in to my daughters stocking candy supply a few too many times over the past few days...yep, definitely the second option. Oh well, don't
              feel the slightest bit of disappointment of having to return it, impulse purchase anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                Really, they had navy wool pants in 30/30? That's my size, but sold out online for months. I might have to call all US-based stores to see what I can find.
                It was the only pair of suit pants they had. It felt like a miracle. He was calling other stores and came back and told me they didnt have any. He looked down and saw a pair on the bottom shelf of one of those middle tables. There was one pair sitting there and they were a 30/30. Pretty nuts. Only $53 and $100 for the jacket.

Comment

Got a promotion (Recyclebank) where spending $40 at Old Navy netted a $10 iTunes card. So, gamed the system and used 2 different credit cards and two different emails to buy 2 pairs of jeans (on sale), a pair of chinos and some copper denim, plus a canvas belt on clearance. Got my $20 in iTunes credit and my better half is shopping for audiobooks for our drive down to south Florida this week (I got Shackleton's Voyage already queued up, pretty pumped).

Recyclebank also has a promotion through Banana Republic for a $50 restaurant.com card, but that website isn't all that great for my current area. No real selection.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post

Was pretty excited about snagging this for $10
                    How did you get it for $10

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                      How did you get it for $10
                      Marked down to $155, then another 50% off, another 10% off with a Gap card, and then $60 in rewards.

Comment

I got this filson jacket for $140:

http://www.filson.com/products/short...taProduct=cc15

Anyone have any fit pictures of the Filson cruiser jacket?

thanks

Comment

Nonsartorial purchase that I have to brag on: The reissued LP of MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN by Boards of Canada. Wow, it's good!

Comment

Some wedding stuff.

Also a wedding present from my fiancé (vintage circa 1996)

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                              I got this filson jacket for $140:

http://www.filson.com/products/short...taProduct=cc15

Anyone have any fit pictures of the Filson cruiser jacket?

thanks
                              I don't have pictures off-hand but I have the tin cloth Filson Short Cruiser which has the same cut and body, but is made from a different material. It fits slim, but nowhere as slim as the LevisXFilson trucker that came out a couple years ago. I'm honestly jealous as hell that you got that jacket for that price.

If anyone is looking for a bomber, I picked this up from J Crew for $137 after IL taxes and shipping.

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...&bmUID=kcUOfK5

Comment

Well, I almost feel like I robbed Jcrew today. They have 50% off already reduced items in the Canadian stores. They had their Loro Piana Super 130s navy Ludlow Blazer reduced to 260 ($130 after discount) yesterday, but didnt have my size. They found it at another store, and held it for me. Went to pick it up. Was reduced to 150 for the last day of the sale. Walked out of the store with a $75 SC that retails for $450. TYTY.

Comment

Working...
                                X