Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pics yet, because it's getting tailored, but I just picked up a charcoal Perry Ellis suit for about $200. 42R off the rack, all it needs is hemming.
    Probably not amazing quality, but it'll cover my occasional suit needs for the winter while I wait for the Toronto SuitSupply to open up shop.

Comment

Here is the tan belt from JCF ($20.99 including tax and shipping). I like the color, lighter than my regular brown belt, but not too light. Leather quality looks good. Regular JCrew has a similar belt selling for more, but I can't imagine the quality would be much better.

Also got this Drake's tie from the Mr. Porter sale. Silk tussah tie in Navy with white dots. Made in England. It has an interesting texture. Feels closer to cotton, but it is actually silk. I think it will lend a casual feel to a suit and dress shirt. $85.00, tax-free and shipping free.

Comment

Just placed my order for ae promontory point boots in black! 199 sale going on now.

Comment

here's the link for the ae boots:
          http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1
          Originally posted by ninpb View Post
          Just placed my order for ae promontory point boots in black! 199 sale going on now.

Comment

Got this velvet sport coat for $59 the other day at Macy's. Tried it on, liked the OTR fit, and ended up getting it, worth sixty bucks ,imo.
            http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...7%26slotId%3D3

Comment

I bought the same velvet sports coat last year in black. Great OTR fit for me no tailoring needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                Excited to get them. Going to take a lot of pictures and share them. Not a lot of real life pictures on the web. Just the same product pictures that I could find.

Comment

Picked up some charcoal grey wool Converse Jack Purcells at Nordstrom yesterday on clearance. $50 OTD.

Comment

A couple of classic Ray Bans:

Comment

Brooks Brothers Clark Fit Brushed Twill Pants in khaki, size 32/30. Post-Christmas sale: $49.11 including tax and free shipping. The color is slightly darker than the usual khaki. The material is soft and very thick, good for winter wear. The pockets and lining are made with flannel.

The waist feels right, and I like the medium rise, but I am not sure if it is too baggy in the thighs and lower legs. The length should look better with shoes on.
                      I am looking for a fairly slim pair of khakis, but not skinny. This Clark fit model is one of their slim fits. I currently have the GAP lived-in skinny chinos, but it looks too hipster because of the low rise and skinny calfs. I am too old for that look (40). Brooks Brothers has one more model in a slimmer fit (Milano) but that has a low rise, which I probably would not like.

How does this fit through the legs?

Wearing with BB Gatsby OCBD and JCF tan belt.

P.S. I got free shipping by signing up for the ShopRunner trial. Then I went to cancel it, and they gave me a 3-month extension of the free trial.

Comment

Honestly, they look a little baggy from the side.

Have you tried anything from Banana Republic? Their tailored fit pants are slim but not hipster slim.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                          Brooks Brothers Clark Fit Brushed Twill Pants in khaki, size 32/30. Post-Christmas sale: $49.11 including tax and free shipping. The color is slightly darker than the usual khaki. The material is soft and very thick, good for winter wear. The pockets and lining are made with flannel.

The waist feels right, and I like the medium rise, but I am not sure if it is too baggy in the thighs and lower legs. The length should look better with shoes on.
                          I am looking for a fairly slim pair of khakis, but not skinny. This Clark fit model is one of their slim fits. I currently have the GAP lived-in skinny chinos, but it looks too hipster because of the low rise and skinny calfs. I am too old for that look (40). Brooks Brothers has one more model in a slimmer fit (Milano) but that has a low rise, which I probably would not like.

How does this fit through the legs?

Wearing with BB Gatsby OCBD and JCF tan belt.

P.S. I got free shipping by signing up for the ShopRunner trial. Then I went to cancel it, and they gave me a 3-month extension of the free trial.
                          From the front they look ok, but the side view makes them appear to be pretty roomy. Are they a straight leg cut?

Unrelated to the pants, how's the quality on that belt?

Comment

I've been looking for a cheaper first suit for a while(wear one maybe 2 times a year). I was browsing a Jcrew Factory store yesterday to kill time and some how found a navy suit and they had one pair of pants in a 30/30 that fit me on the bottom shelf(Felt like a miracle, need to get them slim'd down though). I got it for $153 with discounts. Still trying to figure out if it fits correctly before I get it tailored.

Comment

These are slim but straight cut. I have tried all the JCrew fits, GAP skinny fit, and Dockers Alpha Slim, but haven't found the perfect one yet. It needs to be for casual wear, not tailored trousers. These are comfortable, but I agree they look a little baggy on the side view. Should I return this and keep looking? I kept the tags on.

The JCF belt is great quality. It has that good leather smell and it is thick but soft. Seems to fit true to size. The color is a nice medium tan. The edges have a casual look, so they are not good for dress pants. I might have preferred the buckle without the roller, but that was not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon Hendricks View Post
                                I've been looking for a cheaper first suit for a while(wear one maybe 2 times a year). I was browsing a Jcrew Factory store yesterday to kill time and some how found a navy suit and they had one pair of pants in a 30/30 that fit me on the bottom shelf(Felt like a miracle, need to get them slim'd down though). I got it for $153 with discounts. Still trying to figure out if it fits correctly before I get it tailored.
                                Really, they had navy wool pants in 30/30? That's my size, but sold out online for months. I might have to call all US-based stores to see what I can find.

Comment

Working...
                                X