Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently finished my hunt for a knock-around pair of boots to beat up over this holiday season. I'm not a huge fan of the work boot look, so I had a hard time finding something sleeker at a fairly low price point. Here are the spoils:

Pretty cheap-o BR boots, but they were just what I was looking for (dark brown, plain-toes and at a steep discount). Kind of like the boot version of my Kenilworths.

Comment

Carpincho gloves with rabbit fur lining from Chester Jefferies

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        JCF is 75% off? Holy heck. That is amazing. I assume suits, blazers are excluded?
        I just got back from there. They're doing 50% off the entire store and were handing out coupons at the door for an extra 20% off today only. Essentially making everything in the store 60% off. Unfortunately the clearance section was all XS or XL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
          Carpincho gloves with rabbit fur lining from Chester Jefferies
          Those are pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
            I recently finished my hunt for a knock-around pair of boots to beat up over this holiday season. I'm not a huge fan of the work boot look, so I had a hard time finding something sleeker at a fairly low price point. Here are the spoils:

Pretty cheap-o BR boots, but they were just what I was looking for (dark brown, plain-toes and at a steep discount). Kind of like the boot version of my Kenilworths.
            Those look pretty good. How much did you get them for and online, br or factory bm store?

Comment

Ok so 50% then an additional 25% that discounted amount. Reasonable. 75% off the base price in store would be insane.

Comment

Got this sweater jacket from br for 50% plus 25% email code. Think I can pull it off with ocbds and chinos?
                http://m.bananarepublic.gap.com/prod...&pid=558661002

Comment

Ok so 50% then an additional 25% that discounted amount. Reasonable. 75% off the base price in store would be insane.
                  Yup. My apologies for being a little slow on the draw with the math! My reaction was mostly centered around "damn, this gon' be cheap!" Too bad I grabbed the wrong size of pants for my girl, and a boys size 8 in cords is apparently equal to about a 12 in Levis 510's, which fit my boy perfect. They were huge! Back to the store tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                    Yup. My apologies for being a little slow on the draw with the math! My reaction was mostly centered around "damn, this gon' be cheap!" Too bad I grabbed the wrong size of pants for my girl, and a boys size 8 in cords is apparently equal to about a 12 in Levis 510's, which fit my boy perfect. They were huge! Back to the store tomorrow!
                    Good luck take advantage while the getting is good!

Comment

Pretty much the same deal online for card holders, everything marked down 50%, then another 25% at checkout. Been debating on the Thompson Navy Chino jacket, already down to $74 before the cardholder discount. Maybe that tan leather belt too. Decisions...

Comment

I just ordered that tan leather belt, size 32. $20.99 with shipping and tax.

Couldn't find anything else I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                          I just ordered that tan leather belt, size 32. $20.99 with shipping and tax.
                          Picked up that belt in store when I exchanged my kids pants for the correct sizes.

Got a pair of the vintage worn wash urban slim jeans, too. They seem to have the exact same fit as my main line 484's. Seem more snug than the factory urban slim chino's, but they will stretch out a bit, I'm sure.

UPS dropped off the flannel Thompson pants today. I don't see how the Thompson pants get described as being baggy! They have just a bit more room below the knee than my slim chino's, but that's about it. Pretty snug for me at 6', 150lbs in a 30x30.

Some quick try-on pics:

Quality's real solid, especially for the $50ish I ended up paying. I'm not left wanting to go spend $150-$200 elsewhere for flannels. Maybe I'm just not a flannel connoisseur? They're a perfect shade of gray, 70% wool/30% viscose, maybe not quite as heavy as some vintage JG Hook flannels I have, but the more modern fit is better, and now I've got dark and light gray options.

If they ever get the jackets back in stock along with a good sale, I'll make it a full suit.

Comment

Swung by the local BR and they had 40% off markdown items (vs. 30% online and the prices were lower than the online prices). I ended up getting 3 Kentfield pants - 2 chinos & 1 wool/poly.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=685944002 (Storm Grey)
                            http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=554416002 (Blue Combo)
                            http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=554432002 (Charcoal Plaid)

Comment

Clarks Original Desert Boots, in distressed grey, for $72 plus free shipping. Amazon. I also had a $25 gift card and a $40 credit, so my whole purchase came to under $7. I am a happy feller now.

Comment

I've spent an almost shocking amount of money in the past few days. Well, shocking for me, probably not for you, not if you've purchased Aldens sometime this year.

From Jcrew, I got a black thinsulate skiff jacket (I tried it before in plain olive and didn't like it too much, hopefully this will be better), khaki cords, a polo, and the gray suede MacAllister chukka, all during the recent/current sale.

From Banana Republic, I bought a merino v-neck sweater (couldn't resist at the price of $22, despite having plenty), wool trousers (hopefully they fit), and about five shirts. Sadly BR sizing with shirts has not worked out for me in the past, so I'll likely have to return a lot if not all of them.

And just minutes ago, and taking the cake, two Ledbury shirts, in plain white twill, and something called banker stripe. My first ever purchase from them, and I'd say a fitting replacement for the Brooks Brothers OCBDs, which are still out of my comfort zone in terms of price.

Comment

Working...
                                X