X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those shell Aldens are beautiful.

Comment

Those aldens look better than the stock photo, what a great find!

Comment

Another pair of Aldens, wow. The shell cordovan does look awesome though.

Comment

it's like i had my first hit of alden shell and now i can't stop thinking about more. i guess t's all downhill from here. next week, i might end up dead in a ditch and my cold dead hands will be grasping onto whatever shell i can find

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the MM Boots on sale for $215 after tax. Have been eyeing the Wolverine 1000K and Im wondering if I should just keep these instead. Not really a fan of the pebbled leather as it reminds me of a football. Fits well though, and the rubber sole is a plus I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
              Got the MM Boots on sale for $215 after tax. Have been eyeing the Wolverine 1000K and Im wondering if I should just keep these instead. Not really a fan of the pebbled leather as it reminds me of a football. Fits well though, and the rubber sole is a plus I guess.
              MM Boots? I'm at a loss here as to what those are. They look great though, and the pebble leather is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                MM Boots? I'm at a loss here as to what those are. They look great though, and the pebble leather is pretty cool.
                Mark McNairy's, sorry I got lazy The boot do claim to be made in England on the sole, I'll probably head to a Nordstrom and try on a pair of Wolverines to compare. Decisions, Decisions.

Comment

Really like those Mark McNairy boots, especially the pebbled leather. Like em' so much I checked to see if they had any left in my size, but unfortunately they don't. Plus, I don't really need any new boots anyway. These are just different enough to stand out from the more common RWs and Wolverines...I say keep them for that price as long as they fit you well.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                    The boot do claim to be made in England on the sole.
                    I mentioned this in another thread, but Mark McNairy shoes are made by well respected English shoemaker Sanders. They're definitely high quality.

http://www.sanders-uk.com/

I think those boots are awesome and a welcome change to the RWs and Wolverines that everyone has (no hate... I have Wolverine 1000 miles myself).

*Edit: BTW, when I say Sanders is "high quality," I don't necessarily mean on par with C&J or Vass or some of the really super high quality shoe makers out there, but definitely on par with AEs or Grenson.

-e

Comment

I got a pair of black McNairy bluchers during that sale. I sent mine back for a return the next day. They were just too wide and bulky looking.

Comment

Hit up JCF in store today, with a J.Crew card, whole store is 75% off. Picked up some gray slim chinos and a slim washed shirt. Got a sweater & cords outfit for Christmas for both the youngest kids. I probably own too much Crew by now, but the price/fit/quality ratio is just about perfect for me.

Comment

JCF is 75% off? Holy heck. That is amazing. I assume suits, blazers are excluded?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                            JCF is 75% off? Holy heck. That is amazing. I assume suits, blazers are excluded?
                            Entire store, everything, is 50% off, card members get an additional 25% off. My chinos and shirt were basically less than $20 ea. Thompson suiting is included, very small selection in my store, as usual, though.

Comment

That's not really 75% off though because they take 25% off the half off price. So it's actually 62.5% off their regular price, which is still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                                That's not really 75% off though because they take 25% off the half off price. So it's actually 62.5% off their regular price, which is still pretty good.
                                You are correct, sir. Details, details. =P Math was never a strong subject for me. It was a good deal, that's what counts!

Comment

Working...
                                X