X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RL (C&J?) suede caps came in the other day. Fantastic-looking shoes:

... but look at that bowing:

Stupid flat feet.

@Fred: Did you get yours yet? If so, how's the fit?

Comment

wooooah i would not be able to live with that, that's the most bowing i've ever seen on any shoe

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        Yep, I thought mine fit great! Wow, that's a lot of bowing though. How's the length? Are yours maybe 1/2 size too big? What size did you order and what do you usually wear in AE, etc?

Comment

Yoyo - If your feet are that flat to cause so much bowing, have you tried using any type of inserts in your shoes? That should lift your foot up and take care of most of the bowing issue.

Comment

Mine came in. Really good looking, and they feel nice too. The suede feels quite different (nicer, really) than my Amoks. Too bad they'll look out of place until the summertime, but I'll wear the hell out of them then.

No bowing like that on my pair, though. Looks like your feet might be narrower than mine. Would that make a difference?

Comment

And another excellent pair of shoes. I wouldn't be a fan of the bowing either, but to each their own.

Comment

My Oak Street loafers came in from LE. These things are hella heavy for a loafer. Not sure if all their loafers are like this or if it's because of the crepe sole. I weighed a pair of my Sperry boat shoes and these weigh twice as much. Sperry was 11+ ounces and the Oak St. was 1 pound 6 ounces.

Not that it matters because my heel keeps slipping out of them. It's the same issue I had with the AE loafers. Most of these loafers don't like my narrow heels so it's going to have to be returned.

Comment

Re the RL/C&J suedes fit/bowing issue:

I ordered my typical "dress shoe" size, which is 1/2 size down from my Brannock-measured foot size. They seem to fit OK lengthwise, but yeah this is the extreme of any bowing at the ankles I have ever encountered (or seen, really). Even the Kenilworth fits me better than these in that regard, and before these they held that crown.

V, I have tried different inserts at different times of my flat-footed life; all to no real success. Sure sometimes they work as far as adding support and "filling up" the shoe better, but they usually are so uncomfortable that I end up yanking them out and just getting by.

I just might try some Superfeet or whatever this week before I decide to return these bad boys or not. What a shame, especially deal/price-wise if I do return them; but it does me no good to have sweet shoes that I can't/don't wear, ya'know?

I try to find shoes, in styles I still like, that either don't blow out to the extreme like these are presently doing, or otherwise mash down in the arch section, as many tend to do due to my utter lack of arch. I'm telling you guys there is none flatter. I can almost guarantee it. In fact, I'm so flat-footed, I sometimes feel like I'm starting to rock back and forth. Fun times.
                  Last edited by yoyorobbo; December 18, 2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Robbo, what size are they? Let me know if you decide to get rid of them!

Comment

They're 11D. I'm gonna try them out on the carpet a bit this week, as sometimes a little time in a shoe makes a difference. This one is pretty damn extreme though. I'd love for them to work out; For the love of Ike, they're $800 shoes! LOL

Comment

Wow, sorry robbo. I hope the Superfeet do the trick.

Comment

What a shame, especially deal/price-wise if I do return them; but it does me no good to have sweet shoes that I can't/don't wear, ya'know?
                          Trust me I know. I just returned those Oak Street loafers since they didn't fit me right. They were over 65% off which is unheard of for oak st shoes.

Comment

I finally ordered some shoe trees from Jos A Bank yesterday. They were on sale for8.50 so I ordered 10 pair. Ill snap some pics when they arrive.

Comment

Well got a discount code emailed to me from GILT, and I broke my spending break by getting a burgundy J Press shaggy dog sweater. Hoping it lives up to the hype, and hoping it fits.

Comment

RL (C&J?) suede caps came in the other day. Fantastic-looking shoes:

... but look at that bowing:

Stupid flat feet.

I'm pretty flat footed myself and from my experience, the superfeet help a little but don't eliminate the problem. It also makes the shoe feel very tight. I had this problem with the Allen Edmonds 5 last. My feet are D width in the widest portion of my feet, but due to my flat feet, even the 3E had some bowing that bothered me. I made 4 shoe purchases in the past couple months (just starting off my shoe venture) and I am sticking to boots, which look way cooler anyways. I must admit that I was kinda bummed out when I found out that the AE strands wouldn't work for my feet, especially since they were firsts for $170.

You should try out the superfeet. But from how much bowing you have now, I can already tell that the bowing will still be very noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X