This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BT123 View Post
    Inspired by that shoe rack, I checked out Jos. A Bank's site. The cedar rack is on sale for $11.90 and Cedar shoe trees for $8.50, (reg. $35 and $25) with no minimum free shipping.

Seems like a good deal.
    I was reading the reviews on that shoe rack. Apparently you only get 1 level for that 11.90, even though the picture shows 2, which is ok I guess but at full retail that would be a joke.

Comment

A few recent things:
      Vanda

C&J for RL: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren...?prodId=277462
      EG for RL: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren...?prodId=286845

Calabrese 1924

Comment

Just got my first Filson and the bag is pretty awesome.

Comment

The Truman Set from Harry's. White Handle. comes with shaving cream and 2 extra blades. $15

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            I don't think I posted it here even though I just posted it in the watch thread.

Picked this Orient Union up last week and threw a Hirsch Duke strap on it last night. It's hard to show the textured dial in pics but it looks much sharper in person.

I have and I am wearing the same watch. Might have to spring for a light brown strap after seeing it.

Comment

Just ordered

Jcrew factory leather card case burnt orange - $12 free ship.
              Gap slim Japanese raw selvage denim - $64 shipped can't wait to see how these turn out and fit. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                I have and I am wearing the same watch. Might have to spring for a light brown strap after seeing it.
                I'll try to get a wrist shot for you soon so you can get a wider angle view on it.

Comment

Picked up a pair of BR monogram nailhead gray wool pants and a pair of Luciano Barbera wool pants in what I'd describe darker than a mid-gray but lighter than charcoal.

Question: Should I pick up a pair of Rugby (the defunct RL brand) flannel trousers? They're light gray and would need a bit of tailoring. This sounds good so far, but they're 30% poly. They feel great but at $45 that seems a little steep for something with so much polyester in it.

Others I passed on: VBC light gray wool pants. Unfortunately they had a pair of forward pleats. Also pale olive or weird sage-greenish tinged (really hard to describe the color) flannel Corneliani for RL. Just have no idea what this color could go with.
                  Last edited by LosRockets; December 13, 2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

The Barbera wool sounds nice. I would pass on trousers with poly.

Comment

Also not a huge fan of Poly.

Comment

I bit the bullet and purchased a winter parka from STP. Waxed cotton, removable insulating liner, goose down (albeit of uncertain quality), and a $145 price tag. How did I do?

Unfortunately, despite this purchase I keep feeling tempted by the Karmaloop Schott sale. I asked this on reddit and got no response so far, but can anyone comment on the thickness and warmth of their 24oz peacoats? What about 32oz?

Comment

i finally got through to theshoemart and got some alden seconds... and they are pretty intense for a first alden purchase...

apparently several went straight for the indy 403's and passed over this guy, model #4461H in color 8 shell

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...FSLxOgodSXMA6g

i might have a tough choice to make, since i have a pair of dark chocolate daltons that look very similar. we will see how these aldens look, but i'm very excited

Comment

fey, how was the discount on the Alden seconds? I would love to make my first Alden purchase... I'm assuming there is a thread on this topic somewhere, but is it as simple as calling customer service at the shoemart and asking to purchase Alden seconds?

Comment

Pretty much. I was on hold for half an hour though. Those boots were $399, and Indy boots would be $299. The shell is such a good deal!

Comment

Those look like some really nice boots especially for shell.

Comment

Working...
                                X