This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fey View Post
    i was debating that one myself, but couldn't reason myself to get such a thing. it's just a bit too peacocky
    I hear you; I have the basic professional suits that I get from my tailor, so wanted to see if I could do SS for funkier/casual suits.

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    I take it that you don't spend time at the beach growing larger on eye candy.
    Intern season is NYC is nice, but I wouldn't be wearing my linen suit at the beach either

Comment

btw, anyone know if you can return these outlet suits to a brick and mortar suitsupply store? the gigantic tombstone box has to go asap, so it'd be nice if i can return in person instead of mailing it in this ridiculous box

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
        btw, anyone know if you can return these outlet suits to a brick and mortar suitsupply store? the gigantic tombstone box has to go asap, so it'd be nice if i can return in person instead of mailing it in this ridiculous box
        You bet - I returned two coats to the B&M store (one of which I really loved but was just too long!). I think you basically have 3 options: 1-return in store, 2-slap the return label on the box and drop at UPS store, and 3-schedule a pick up from your home. So far I have used #1 and #2 - gotta love free return shipping

Comment

These are my 2 new Aldens that I got during the Haberdash sale. I love these unlined Dovers since it was just what I was lacking - a brown blucher. They actually messed up with the unlined suede chukka. They sent me the snuff suede instead of the tan/sand suede. I'm trying to decide if I should swap it out or just keep the snuff suede since BJMcgeever keeps saying the sand suede wasn't very versatile for him.

Comment

The suede boots seem to have a greenish hue. Maybe its just the picture. As long as it is not greenish in person, I would keep it. It looks like a frequently wearable option.

Will you be applying any conditioner/ polish to the leather shoes? What is your new shoe care routine?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              On a somewhat related note, the suit came with a much crappier hanger (plastic) than my last SS sportcoat (wood with wide shoulders).
              Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
              I was a little disappointed with the plastic hanger too, given how much people had raved about what they got with other SuitSupply suits.
              I think the wood hangers ship with sportcoats. Seems like they do the plastic hangers with suits because they want the velvety cross-bar bit to hold the trousers. The plastic hangers are still pretty decent, IMO. The ones I've gotten have had a nice wide shoulder, anyway.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                The suede boots seem to have a greenish hue. Maybe its just the picture. As long as it is not greenish in person, I would keep it. It looks like a frequently wearable option.

Will you be applying any conditioner/ polish to the leather shoes? What is your new shoe care routine?
                There's no greenish tint to them in person.

With suede shoes, I always apply waterproofer before initially wearing them out of the house. With leather shoes I usually apply Saphir Renovateur. Since these are more on the casual side, I think that's about all they'll ever need.

Comment

Some of my Black Friday stuff came in finally

Ll Bean boots, AE strands, 3 bonobos chinos, 2 j crew cords, 3 j crew slim merinos, 2 j crew shawls, bonobos toggle holiday sweater, and j crew peacoat

Comment

Originally posted by PootieTang View Post
                    Some of my Black Friday stuff came in finally
                    There's more?! Looks like a good sized pull already.

Comment

Christmas!! Reminds me that I need some of those LL Bean boots, or else the Sorels on the J. Crew site.

Comment

that's like an entire wardrobe. just add socks/underwear :P

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          I think the wood hangers ship with sportcoats. Seems like they do the plastic hangers with suits because they want the velvety cross-bar bit to hold the trousers. The plastic hangers are still pretty decent, IMO. The ones I've gotten have had a nice wide shoulder, anyway.
                          I purchased the Sienna in charcoal birdseye at their SoHo store while I was visiting my sister this past spring and had it shipped to my house. The suit bag and the red wood hangar it came with are far superior to the accessories that accompanied my outlet Napoli blue linen. Not sure if the outlet Sienna suits come with the upgraded storage materials or not.

Comment

Vicious the PTBs look awesome, they'll get a lot of wear. PootieTang (well there's the first time I've ever written the word "pootie") I'm going to echo hornsup, there's MORE!? I'm curious to see what's left.

I got a number of things recently, I'll put up a picture when everything gets in/returns from the tailor.

Comment

I just received the JCrew Aromatic Red Cedar Shoe Trees in size small. Decent quality. It will serve its purpose. Was not very "aromatic," until I put it next to my nose. Total: 23.97 with tax. Free shipping. (I know... I missed out on the Jos.A.Banks shoe tree sale)

In the box:

In action:

(Old pair of JCrew Alden brown calf longwings size 8D)

Comment

Spent the past 4 years in San Diego, now that I'm in the bay I needed some warm weather clothes. Got wolverine 1k's and some jcf stuff coming too. I couldn't resist those haberdash deals

LCDR, have you checked out Nordstrom rack? They have woodlores for cheap, and Allen Edmonds sells trees 2/$40

Comment

Working...
                                X