X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as I get my little scissors and open up all the pockets. :P

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
      i only got it because i was in the area and i saw your other post about it! so thanks! it's my first shirt from them, but not the last. those shirts are incredible
      could I get fit picture of the Kamakura shirt.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
        The Ludlow in Prince of Wales.
        Looking very sharp - the Ludlow suits you well (pun intended, groan)!

Comment

Happy Birthday to me!

Wife is finally letting me wear the Vass I bought from NMWA 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
            The Ludlow in Prince of Wales.

Wow. Yeah, that looks great!

Comment

Neat shoe lacing! How'd you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                Neat shoe lacing! How'd you do that?
                Check out this lacing site: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm
                Lots of ways to lace shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobills12 View Post
                  Three black friday/cyber monday purchases for me:

2) Bonobos Madison Topcoat
                  http://www.bonobos.com/doubled-breas...opcoat-for-men

Demand Pictures!

It looks so beautiful online, I really wonder what it looks like in person.

Comment

on a whim i placed an order through the suitsupply outlet yesterday, coerced by their easy returns policy. after i completed the order, the outlet seems to have closed... i must have got the order in by a matter of minutes.

on a related note, this package will have the shortest ups route possible lol

ordered 3 suits, but probably not keeping more than 1:
                    NAPOLI GREY STRIPE
                    SEVILLA GREY STRIPE
                    Sevilla Light Grey Herringbone
                    Last edited by fey; December 4, 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Another unlined Calabrese 1924 7-fold tie just arrived on my doorstep:

Comment

I received the Suitsupply Napoli Dark Grey Stripe (size 38R) from the outlet store yesterday - its really nice. I'm not sure if I will need any tailoring other than getting the pants hemmed. I'll have to take some pics and see what you guys think... On a somewhat related note, the suit came with a much crappier hanger (plastic) than my last SS sportcoat (wood with wide shoulders).

Also, this wasn't so much a "purchase," but while home for the holidays I raided the attic and grabbed three of my father's old suits from Wallach's (a now defunct mens store in NY) - one a navy blue 3-piece by JD Christopher, the second a blue-grey pinstriped 3-piece number by Hickey Freeman, and the third a light brown 3-piece from Hart Schaffner Marx for Christian Dior. The last one is built like a suit of armor, and although its a light brown/tan it has a rainbow of colors woven into the fabric that peek out - very interesting. Also interesting: the legs are bell-bottom-y, and it has distinct roped shoulders! This suit would be perfect for a Ron Burgundy costume when worn as a 3-piece...

The Hickey Freeman is probably the nicest of the bunch, but has a very high rise (about 12"). Otherwise, they all fit remarkably well considering that my dad and I have completely different body types - so I imagine these are from the 60s and 70s when he was still a fit young man. I will have to do a bit of tailoring to really dial them in (there will be some leg tapering, as all are pretty wide around the cuffs), and will likely take the HF to a top quality tailor to adjust the rise, but they're all really nice, especially considering the $0 price tag. I'll throw up some pics once I get a chance to take them.

Comment

I was a little disappointed with the plastic hanger too, given how much people had raved about what they got with other SuitSupply suits. Got a blue linen Napoli--color is really neat, navy with grey streaks kind of. Shockingly the drop may be too much for me. The pants are a little tighter than my usual in the butt, but I may keep it regardless -- it's a fashion suit for summer and I'm usually a little smaller during that time of year anyway.

Comment

I want pics of that HSM suit, sounds totally rad, man.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              I was a little disappointed with the plastic hanger too, given how much people had raved about what they got with other SuitSupply suits. Got a blue linen Napoli--color is really neat, navy with grey streaks kind of. Shockingly the drop may be too much for me. The pants are a little tighter than my usual in the butt, but I may keep it regardless -- it's a fashion suit for summer and I'm usually a little smaller during that time of year anyway.
                              i was debating that one myself, but couldn't reason myself to get such a thing. it's just a bit too peacocky

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                I'm usually a little smaller during that time of year anyway.
                                I take it that you don't spend time at the beach growing larger on eye candy.

Comment

Working...
                                X