Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my RL suede boots and wingtips (featured on the main site recently) in the mail. Very pleased with the purchase for $80 a pop. Sizing is definitely on the small side, though. I am normally 7.5 or 8 and bought both. The 8s are snug but comfortable. The 7.5s are just plain tight.
    Ben

Comment

• @Pitt - did you size down on the Factory Vest? Are you referring to this one? http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...lor_name=black

Comment

• Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
        Bought these Alden x Leffot Black Shell Cordovan Naval Boots on eBay... Very excited on the purchase..

Wow, those are beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmp4080 View Post
          Amazon Warehouse

Clark's Original Men's Desert Boot Beeswax size 10 --> $36.15

All of my desert boots/wallabees were purchased through amazon warehouse... and I have never paid more than $75. Despite amazon saying they are used/like new only once was there a small scratch but the crepe is always clean.

May sell these as I already have a pair that is unworn.
          If you decide to part with these, let me know. I'd be interested at that price+shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by mowgli222 View Post
            Bought these Alden x Leffot Black Shell Cordovan Naval Boots on eBay... Very excited on the purchase..

Praise.

Wear them in good health.

Comment

• Brooks Brothers "Strands" just got delivered from the AE Shoebank. Niiiiiiiice!

I returned those regular Strands I was indoor/carpet-auditioning back to Nordy Rack on Monday. Those were $200; these $150. They look great upon initial review. The Shoebank employee's word on the phone were "Wow! You're lucky. There's only one pair in inventory, I have them right here, and they look great!"

Time to give them a good carpet-only wearing and see how they feel. First time trying the Shoebank. What a seamless transaction. Thanks fellas, for the heads-up and the instructions on how to work it.

Comment

• Jos A Bank: Cashmere Scarves and All Leather Gloves for $29.99

Ordered a Blackwater cashmere scarf and Lambskin-Cashmere lined gloves.
                Last edited by VeNOM; November 28, 2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Found a pair of those JCP claiborne brown suede wingtips on clearance yesterday. Also picked up a couple of merino sweaters from br and j crew. I've been wearing GAP sweaters up until now, excited to see how the step up the quality works out.

Comment

• Picked up a Herschel Novel Duffle bag in Navy & tan handles & Sapphir Renovateur from MaxtonMen with their 25% off $50+ orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teej View Post
                      Found a pair of those JCP claiborne brown suede wingtips on clearance yesterday. Also picked up a couple of merino sweaters from br and j crew. I've been wearing GAP sweaters up until now, excited to see how the step up the quality works out.
                      I've been debating picking a pair of those suede wingtips up, what was your final clearance price if you don't mind sharing, also any sizing tips?

Comment

• Now that I'm making real lawyer money (after a fashion), I didn't feel too bad about splurging on a new Christmas watch for myself. (Evidently that Omega didn't help me kick the habit after all. Shit.)

Been hankering for a nice panda dial for a long time and stumbled across this 38mm guy at Ashford. Technically a reverse panda, I guess. Loads cheaper and better sized for me than some of the watches I was starting to convince myself were doable.... Also comes in some 42mm variants, but I was pretty chuffed to find the 38.

Doesn't hurt that Hamilton is already one of my favorite watch brands - already own two that I plan on keeping forever.
                        Ben

Comment

• Very nice watch. Clean styling, but unique. I doubt if anyone else in the room will have a similar watch.
                          Watch face and size avoids any flashiness. Not too dressy, not too casual, it should go well in a lot of situations. Although I would prefer the strap without contest stitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by dackman View Post
                            I've been debating picking a pair of those suede wingtips up, what was your final clearance price if you don't mind sharing, also any sizing tips?
                            $35. Which is I believe is around the price they were going for with the sale when they were mentioned on the main site. Your experience may be different, JCP isn't exactly consistent with each store.

As for sizing, I found them to be true to size for me.

Comment

• Got a pair of those mercanti fiorentini double monks with the plain cap toe from DSW. Every time I look for them, they are sold out in the color and size I want. Finally was able to get them.

Comment

• My Black Friday scores are a pair of Allen Edmonds malverns, a kamakura chambray shirt and very nice (free) scarf, and a barbour bedale. I also got gifts for the gf, so my credit card is pleading for mercy...

Comment

Working...
                                X