Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like the latter, but wish the hands were anything but blue.

bought my first pair of bonobos in 2.5 years using the fall30 promo: http://www.bonobos.com/slim-khaki-pr...chinos-for-men hoping it's good, my older pairs of bonobos are looking a bit tired.

Comment

• Not a fan of any of those new Bambinos. The Roman numerals look odd to me. The original looks much better to me.

Nothing big but bought this last night: http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...y/-/A-14359553

For the money, I think this Dopp kit just is the best bet.

Comment

• Does anyone have a Bambino AND a Symphony? I think I prefer the flat crystal vs. the domed one...but I'd like to see them side by side.

Comment

• As I mentioned in the Watch Collections thread, I prefer the original Bambino design. Roman numerals aside, there is just something off about the proportions of the hands, dial, and case in the new one. The proportions of the dial have been shrunk by moving the indices closer to the center of the case, and the hands are shorter and narrower as well. To me, the overall effect just looks strange, considering the relatively large crystal and narrow bezel. The dial and hands just look too small for the rest of the watch.
          Ben

Comment

• Vicious, The watches that you already have are far nicer. I much prefer your Vintage to those Bambinos.

Edit: I agree with what BenR wrote.

Comment

• Just ordered these from Amazon to be my do-everything boot this fall and winter: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were 93.17 after the 20SHOES1 coupon that was running yesterday. Will let everyone know how they are once I get them.

Comment

• Also, this:

There is tons of excess "dead space" on the watch dial. I feel like the watch would be much better looking if this dead space were cut and the dial/hands were blown up to fill the remaining space. (Which I would gladly do in photoshop if I had access to it on this laptop.)
                Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                  Bought the olive American Eagle Utility jacket recently and it arrived today. I think it fits pretty well, and the material feels nice and soft, and it's surprisingly thicker than I expected (which since it's nearly winter, I am choosing to interpret as a good thing). Doesn't go too well with my usual trend of wearing button-downs and v-neck sweaters though, but I think it could still be a good thing to have for more casual days.

Fit pictures of it.
                  Would you say it is true to size or recommend sizing down? I am consistently in medium-large outwear purgatory.

Comment

• $45 for a set of bicycle lights! Ouch... . But I need them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonaldFDraper View Post
                      Would you say it is true to size or recommend sizing down? I am consistently in medium-large outwear purgatory.
                      I'd say pretty true to size. I tend to be a small or medium in most things. For instance, I wear medium slim Jcrew shirts, and a size 38R suit. I also measured the jacket, and it is a little over 18" measured shoulder to shoulder, and a little over 22" measured pit to pit. Hope that helps!

Comment

• Took a gamble on mislabeled ebay shoes with grainy pics. I was right and wrong! They were Allen Edmonds but not strands as I thought. They are called Rutland's. Looks to be the predecessor to the strands? The broguing looks to be the same. Any ways I'm very happy. Shoes are in great condition. Will post pics later.

...oh they are on the 4 lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Took a gamble on mislabeled ebay shoes with grainy pics. I was right and wrong! They were Allen Edmonds but not strands as I thought. They are called Rutland's. Looks to be the predecessor to the strands? The broguing looks to be the same. Any ways I'm very happy. Shoes are in great condition. Will post pics later.

...oh they are on the 4 lasts.

Comment

• Good call by BenR on the watch. I could tell that something was a bit off but couldn't place what it was. I don't mind the roman numerals but that excess dead space is annoying so I ended up skipping it.

I did get this cable knit sweater today from STP for about $60.
                            http://www.sierratradingpost.com/per...colorFamily=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Good call by BenR on the watch. I could tell that something was a bit off but couldn't place what it was. I don't mind the roman numerals but that excess dead space is annoying so I ended up skipping it.
                              I would like to preserve this moment for posterity, as the time I convinced someone NOT to buy a watch.
                              Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                I would like to preserve this moment for posterity, as the time I convinced someone NOT to buy a watch.
                                Don't get too proud yet. Since I didn't get that Orient and I have a 1 watch hole in my collection (ended up passing that Citizen Ecodrive along to a friend that had been looking for a watch) I couldn't decide between these 2 Tissots. I ordered both and figure I'll keep the one that fits me better. I think I'm leaning towards the white dial one at the moment since my other 3 watch all have a black or blue dial.

Comment

Working...
                                X