Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another repurchase. This time it's the J. Crew fireman's jacket. Finally able to nab a Medium to replace my Large, and at not a bad price. I'm almost there--I think I have about one other key piece (i.e., something I love) to replace with the correct size.

Not that you care, but the back story is that I lost a bunch of weight between around 2008 and 2009, a good 40 pounds, and toned up--which in effect took me from a Large to a Medium in most things J. Crew. Unfortunately prior to that slimming down, I had purchased a few nice things in sizes that ended up a little big on me. Amazing what just going down one size does to the look and feel of a garment.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
      Another repurchase. This time it's the J. Crew fireman's jacket. Finally able to nab a Medium to replace my Large, and at not a bad price. I'm almost there--I think I have about one other key piece (i.e., something I love) to replace with the correct size.

Not that you care, but the back story is that I lost a bunch of weight between around 2008 and 2009, a good 40 pounds, and toned up--which in effect took me from a Large to a Medium in most things J. Crew. Unfortunately prior to that slimming down, I had purchased a few nice things in sizes that ended up a little big on me. Amazing what just going down one size does to the look and feel of a garment.
      I think that's actually really awesome. It's hard to lose so much weight, and then to get some muscle tone after that because sometimes you're just left with, well, skin. Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
        I grabbed this as well in light grey. Need to take in sides alot but thats it. Like it alot.
        Got the navy and tan for $60 each last week...really impressed

Comment

magnanni miro, 120 off ebay. feel barely worn. fit perfectly. i'm super happy with them. i really like a long, slender double monk - i feel some are too short and with a double monk they need to look sleek.

Comment

Those look great. I like the toe on them, I think a double-monk needs a toe that's a bit more sleek or has at least some chisel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post

magnanni miro, 120 off ebay. feel barely worn. fit perfectly. i'm super happy with them. i really like a long, slender double monk - i feel some are too short and with a double monk they need to look sleek.
              I just returned my pair to Nordstrom yesterday! I loved the look, but for some reason they were crushing the top of the big toe on my right foot. It was bizarre and seemed to be getting worse with wear! I was really conflicted about returning them, and not confident that a new pair wouldn't do the same. So I'm currently without a double monk. Sad day. Enjoy them, I hope they work out. They're a great looking shoe, very sleek.

Comment

double monks definitely need to be slightly chiseled or sleek. otherwise you get a shoe like this, which just looks chunky

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/188/p1000122a.jpg/

can't get embedding to work, because i'm dumb.

Comment

This is what I want, but can't afford (I got my Magnannis at Nordstrom Anniversary sale for $209), the Herring Shakespeare:

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    Those look great. I like the toe on them, I think a double-monk needs a toe that's a bit more sleek or has at least some chisel to it.
                    Originally posted by mr. mr. View Post
                    double monks definitely need to be slightly chiseled or sleek.
                    I really like the shape of my C&J Lowndes:

348 last family shot from a while ago (Lowndes needed polish, Westbournes conditioner & polish):

Comment

Can you just send me the shoes from that last pic? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        I really like the shape of my C&J Lowndes:

348 last family shot from a while ago (Lowndes needed polish, Westbournes conditioner & polish):
                        I just went from six to midnight with those CJ doubles.

Comment

Picked up a kirkland full grain brown belt. The buckle is simple with clean lines. I like it!

Also ebayed a new Briggs & Riley laptop/briefcase for 1/3rd the regular price!

Comment

Bought those suede Ralph Lauren boots from the main Dappered site, as well as the suede wingtips in the same color. I've been looking to add a little variety into my office shoe rotation and $160 for two new, decent quality pairs seemed like a good deal.
                            Ben

Comment

just picked up these babies.

http://www.bonobos.com/dark-rinse-de...m-straight-fit
                              on a whim

on another note, how do i load images from another website?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                on another note, how do i load images from another website?
                                Multiple ways. What browser are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X