Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm isn't all that warm at all. And yeah, I put almost everything in the dryer. I don't have the patience or space to hang dry everything. The only things I launder differently are jeans.

I went to JCF today since the wife wanted a vest she had seen there a month back. It was 40% off everything with an additional 20% off stacked on top of that if you bought 3 or more items. I ended up picking up their layering vest for about $35-$40 to use under my Barbour Bedale in colder temps.

Comment

• Vicious, thanks for your BBOCBD laundry details. And thanks to the other fellas for their general laundering methods too. I *do* dry many of my button-ups/downs, but only the ones I either don't worry about shrinking, or actually *want* to shrink. I've purposefully shrunk some from the GAP and some from BR.

The BB Gatsby ones I will be very cautious with, as like I said, I really don't have too much leeway with the sleeve length on those.

Also, that JCF layering vest is GREAT if it's the one I'm thinking of. I have one from there, from last year, in black. I'd prefer to have the olive version, but that wasn't around when I got mine; locally at least.

Comment

• With the BB OCBD I actually wanted it to shrink so I was very happy with the results. It's strange though as my JC and JCF shirts there's usually no shrinkage at all.

And yeah, I got the black vest. It's probably the same one you have. A Small fit me but was very snug. I ended up getting a Medium so I could wear a sweater underneath it if needed.

Comment

• BR hit my wallet this evening, but I got the better part of the deal, thanks to Justin's F&F code. Yay!

I snagged the tailored-fit charcoal Italian wool suit and a couple tailored slim-fit birdseye dress shirts (white and light blue).

I currently have that same suit in navy, as my only truly *nice* suit. I LOVE it! In fact, you probably have seen me exclusively wear it in any WIWT or weekly challenge pics in which a suit is featured. It was time to add another option to my wardrobe. Since suits almost NEVER get the code treatment at BR, I had to pull the trigger.

I hope the dress shirts will replace the same colored Express 1MX ones which presently fill that role. Those 1MXs fit me fine, but the wrinkle-factor is (nortorioisly) insane. These *should* be better in that regard. I also prefer the collars on these from BR.

I did try on the TF Donegal blazers, in my usual size, but they fit a little differently than the other TF ones I have from BR; more boxy in the shoulders and chest. I now see that some online reviews report the same issue. Weird.

Comment

• Anyone else take advantage of the BR F&F? If so, whadd'ya get?

Comment

• Not clothing related, but still fun. Preparing for the arrival of 10 relatives for Thanksgiving next week, so I decided to restock the collection a bit:

Lag 16, Uigeadail, Corrycreckan, Hudson Rye, also added Eagle Rare but can only have 5 attachments.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                Anyone else take advantage of the BR F&F? If so, whadd'ya get?
                Sure did! Thanks Justin! My big pickup was the grey donegal topcoat that Joe included in the best of outerwear for 2013 article on the main site:

http://m.bananarepublic.gap.com/prod...=2&pdn=bc14845

I wouldn't have paid full price for it, but for $150 I'm happy! I sized up so it would fit over my suits, but it still fits pretty trim without a jacket on. I would recommend it if anyone else is considering a topcoat this year.

Other than that, grabbed a scarf, and my wife picked up a really nice heavy sweater that retails for $150, some earrings, and and some socks.

Comment

• I actually still have my F&F coupon unused but probably too late for anyone else to use at this point. I went to BR earlier but didn't end up finding anything I really wanted. I'm trying to curb my purchases so not much new for me over the next 3 months or so.

Comment

• I picked up some new wool dress pants with the F&F 40% off.

Tailored Slim Fit Flannel Blue Navy - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=558291012
                    TSF Taupe - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=554435002
                    TSF Dark Charcoal - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=558290002

Also non-clothing related, picked up a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition with a $100 off coupon they sent. Wanted to get a video camera for my upcoming wedding and we were thinking GoPro since we will have other people do the video portion.

Comment

• So... This happened.

Comment

• Well don't just tease, fauxshow!!

I got two things from BR this weekend - a navy cardigan (replaces another I have that doesn't fit well) that I was able to use Justin's coupon on (thanks!). And there was a plaid linen sportcoat in the clearance section for $26 that I totally don't need, but bought anyway.

Comment

• The Target peacoat featured in Joe's "Best Fall/Winter Outerwear 2013" article is now on sale for $50, down from $79.99 regular price. I got one on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                            The Target peacoat featured in Joe's "Best Fall/Winter Outerwear 2013" article is now on sale for $50, down from $79.99 regular price. I got one on the way.
                            Free shipping at $50 as well.

Comment

• Picked up the Stafford camel hair sportcoat from JC Penney (charcoal) yesterday for $100. Like it. Like it a lot. It could probably be taken in *a bit* in the sides, but otherwise great off-the-rack fit for me. Not going to bother with it. I'm a 38R ... 5'11" ... 155-160 pounds.

Anyways -- if you get to a store and they have one, try one on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASchuelke View Post
                                Picked up the Stafford camel hair sportcoat from JC Penney (charcoal) yesterday for $100. Like it. Like it a lot. It could probably be taken in *a bit* in the sides, but otherwise great off-the-rack fit for me. Not going to bother with it. I'm a 38R ... 5'11" ... 155-160 pounds.

Anyways -- if you get to a store and they have one, try one on.
                                I grabbed this as well in light grey. Need to take in sides alot but thats it. Like it alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X