Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm isn't all that warm at all. And yeah, I put almost everything in the dryer. I don't have the patience or space to hang dry everything. The only things I launder differently are jeans.

I went to JCF today since the wife wanted a vest she had seen there a month back. It was 40% off everything with an additional 20% off stacked on top of that if you bought 3 or more items. I ended up picking up their layering vest for about $35-$40 to use under my Barbour Bedale in colder temps.

Comment

Vicious, thanks for your BBOCBD laundry details. And thanks to the other fellas for their general laundering methods too. I *do* dry many of my button-ups/downs, but only the ones I either don't worry about shrinking, or actually *want* to shrink. I've purposefully shrunk some from the GAP and some from BR.

The BB Gatsby ones I will be very cautious with, as like I said, I really don't have too much leeway with the sleeve length on those.

Also, that JCF layering vest is GREAT if it's the one I'm thinking of. I have one from there, from last year, in black. I'd prefer to have the olive version, but that wasn't around when I got mine; locally at least.

Comment

With the BB OCBD I actually wanted it to shrink so I was very happy with the results. It's strange though as my JC and JCF shirts there's usually no shrinkage at all.

And yeah, I got the black vest. It's probably the same one you have. A Small fit me but was very snug. I ended up getting a Medium so I could wear a sweater underneath it if needed.

Comment

BR hit my wallet this evening, but I got the better part of the deal, thanks to Justin's F&F code. Yay!

I snagged the tailored-fit charcoal Italian wool suit and a couple tailored slim-fit birdseye dress shirts (white and light blue).

I currently have that same suit in navy, as my only truly *nice* suit. I LOVE it! In fact, you probably have seen me exclusively wear it in any WIWT or weekly challenge pics in which a suit is featured. It was time to add another option to my wardrobe. Since suits almost NEVER get the code treatment at BR, I had to pull the trigger.

I hope the dress shirts will replace the same colored Express 1MX ones which presently fill that role. Those 1MXs fit me fine, but the wrinkle-factor is (nortorioisly) insane. These *should* be better in that regard. I also prefer the collars on these from BR.

I did try on the TF Donegal blazers, in my usual size, but they fit a little differently than the other TF ones I have from BR; more boxy in the shoulders and chest. I now see that some online reviews report the same issue. Weird.

Comment

Anyone else take advantage of the BR F&F? If so, whadd'ya get?

Comment

Not clothing related, but still fun. Preparing for the arrival of 10 relatives for Thanksgiving next week, so I decided to restock the collection a bit:

Lag 16, Uigeadail, Corrycreckan, Hudson Rye, also added Eagle Rare but can only have 5 attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                Anyone else take advantage of the BR F&F? If so, whadd'ya get?
                Sure did! Thanks Justin! My big pickup was the grey donegal topcoat that Joe included in the best of outerwear for 2013 article on the main site:

http://m.bananarepublic.gap.com/prod...=2&pdn=bc14845

I wouldn't have paid full price for it, but for $150 I'm happy! I sized up so it would fit over my suits, but it still fits pretty trim without a jacket on. I would recommend it if anyone else is considering a topcoat this year.

Other than that, grabbed a scarf, and my wife picked up a really nice heavy sweater that retails for $150, some earrings, and and some socks.

Comment

I actually still have my F&F coupon unused but probably too late for anyone else to use at this point. I went to BR earlier but didn't end up finding anything I really wanted. I'm trying to curb my purchases so not much new for me over the next 3 months or so.

Comment

I picked up some new wool dress pants with the F&F 40% off.

Tailored Slim Fit Flannel Blue Navy - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=558291012
                    TSF Taupe - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=554435002
                    TSF Dark Charcoal - http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=558290002

Also non-clothing related, picked up a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition with a $100 off coupon they sent. Wanted to get a video camera for my upcoming wedding and we were thinking GoPro since we will have other people do the video portion.

Comment

So... This happened.

Comment

Well don't just tease, fauxshow!!

I got two things from BR this weekend - a navy cardigan (replaces another I have that doesn't fit well) that I was able to use Justin's coupon on (thanks!). And there was a plaid linen sportcoat in the clearance section for $26 that I totally don't need, but bought anyway.

Comment

The Target peacoat featured in Joe's "Best Fall/Winter Outerwear 2013" article is now on sale for $50, down from $79.99 regular price. I got one on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                            The Target peacoat featured in Joe's "Best Fall/Winter Outerwear 2013" article is now on sale for $50, down from $79.99 regular price. I got one on the way.
                            Free shipping at $50 as well.

Comment

Picked up the Stafford camel hair sportcoat from JC Penney (charcoal) yesterday for $100. Like it. Like it a lot. It could probably be taken in *a bit* in the sides, but otherwise great off-the-rack fit for me. Not going to bother with it. I'm a 38R ... 5'11" ... 155-160 pounds.

Anyways -- if you get to a store and they have one, try one on.

Comment

Originally posted by ASchuelke View Post
                                Picked up the Stafford camel hair sportcoat from JC Penney (charcoal) yesterday for $100. Like it. Like it a lot. It could probably be taken in *a bit* in the sides, but otherwise great off-the-rack fit for me. Not going to bother with it. I'm a 38R ... 5'11" ... 155-160 pounds.

Anyways -- if you get to a store and they have one, try one on.
                                I grabbed this as well in light grey. Need to take in sides alot but thats it. Like it alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X