This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
    Well that Suitsupply outlet drew me in.... I tried to resist but failed utterly. Got the brown Roma suit and the blue linen napoli suit. Had to have them delivered to Niagara falls, and will have to swing out there to pick them up in 2 weeks because it wouldnt ship to Canada. Now I need to figure out how to get them over the border without getting bent over by customs.
    Perhaps put one on? i have no experience in the matter just a thought

Comment

Theres no allowance for a daytrip. I might have to bring a friend AND stay a night lol. I might just go on a night the Sabres are playing (if you want to call what they do playing hockey *shotsfired) and make a trip of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cm View Post
        Red Wing 6" Round Toe in Copper Yuma
        From the recent Piperlime sale.
        Got my $30 Iron Rangers in from the same sale. I already love them. Rugged, yet refined.

Comment

Clarks Original DB's in Beeswax form the Piperlime sale delivered yesterday. First day of wear today and they're feeling great. I remember my pair of Original's in Oakwood broke in really fast too. Very happy with the purchase.

Comment

Here are some pics of the RW Iron Rangers, after a day of wear, then with a coat of mink oil (and some comparison photos).

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
              Here are some pics of the RW Iron Rangers, after a day of wear, then with a coat of mink oil (and some comparison photos).

Those look fantastic. Reminds me that I need to get some mink oil on mine. I've got a pair with about five years of age and wear, though they're still in outstanding shape.

Comment

Received some of the items from my Suitsupply order. First up, the Suede Double Monk in Cognac:

They're very comfortable, but are definitely at least a half size too large for me (ordered a size 10, which is the same as my AE Amoks and Dalton, and most of my dress shoes). They also seem to run a bit wide, although I have borderline narrow feet. As for quality, the suede is decent, but not nearly as nice or soft as the suede on my AE Amoks. The rest of the shoe appears to be rather well made. I would definitely be keeping these if they had fit . Unfortunately no more available in the size I'd need.

Comment

Next up from Suitsupply, the Italia Jacket in Blue Herringbone:

Close up of the herringbone fabric, for comparison its photographed on top of a dark navy overcoat (pics on that will probably have to wait until tomorrow when I can have some natural lighting - as its too dark to see any detail):

This is a 40S. I'm typically either a 40R or 40S, and since Suitsupply is a European brand (typically run a bit longer) and has functioning button cuffs, I thought it wise to stick to 40S. Its appears to be a bit cropped, but I don't think its too short.

The fabric is a very nice pima cotton herringbone made by Lanificio Fratelli Ormezzano. Its partially lined and appears to have some canvassing in the chest piece. Its a very blue color, as you can see from the above pics (even with crappy indoor lighting), so not a standard navy sportcoat. I like it, the fabric and construction quality are pretty great, and while the wife wasn't crazy about the herringbone ("what's with the stripes?"), I think it adds some interest to the jacket. I'm a sucker for navy cotton sportcoats - I regularly see ones online that I want to own (LBM 1911, I'm looking at you) - but I think I may sell or otherwise get rid of a navy H&M cotton/linen sportcoat to make room for this one... Or hold out for that LBM 1911 washed cotton jacket... I'll sleep on it.

I'd be interested in hearing any opinions on fit. I'll probably post this in the "How does this fit" thread too.

Comment

One more quick thought on Suitsupply - the packaging for their jackets is the best I've ever seen from an online purchase. The jackets come packed in a tombstone-shaped jacket box, inside a jacket bag that's structured with carboard pieces, hanging on a thick, high quality wooden hanger, and stuffed with paper to maintain the shape. I'm pretty impressed.

Comment

Jamie, I think that a 38R or 38S would look better. I believe that the Italia jacket is a similar fit to the Napoli range. Napoli jackets fit large: I have to wear a 38R even though I am a 40R in other brands.

Comment

Update on those BB Gatsby OCBD's. They do shrink significantly in the wash. The arms on mine got an inch shorter and the body shrank about an inch or two as well. This is great for me since it was originally a bit long in both areas but now the arms are a perfect length although the body is still a tad long but not enough anymore that I need to get it tailored.

The bad news for me is that as I was ironing them after their initial wash, I noticed a fray on the fabric on one of them near the shoulder/arm seams. My wife said that's the fabric that's coming apart and not something that could be sewn without looking strange so I'll have to mail 1 of the 2 shirts back.

Comment

Vicious, what was your laundering routine there? I plan to wash mine in tap cold water and likely hang dry, as I can't afford any shrinking in the sleeves. You've got me worried, my man. I'm presuming (and hoping) that you tumble dried yours, right?

Comment

I did it with my usual wash - warm wash and then dryer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Weird. I never wash shirts on warm, or put them in the dryer. It's always cold and then hang-dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                Weird. I never wash shirts on warm, or put them in the dryer. It's always cold and then hang-dry.
                                Yeah. I was surprised to see that he machine-dries them. I never do. Only shorts, t shirts, socks, and underwear get machine dried.

Comment

Working...
                                X