Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also got my BB OCBDs today. Ordered two shirts in white. Fabric looks sweet. I don't like the "GATSBY" written on the label though.

I usually wear 15-32 in dress shirts, but the closest they had in stock was 15.5-33. I will try them on tomorrow. Hope they shrink in the wash. Anyway, I will be wearing them tie-less, with a sweater or SC.

$68.05 for both shirts (with tax)

Comment

Still, I'd sure like to see them follow suit with a light blue and ecru one. Maybe they'll go that way at some later time; non *Gatsby*-inspired marketing.
      Yup, they do. Just going to cost you about 3x times what you paid for the Gatsby version.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classi...efault,pd.html

Comment

I bought two in two different sizes out of an abundance of caution: 16x35 and 15.5x35. I'm happy to throw up the two I don't keep (probably the 16x35s) in the FS section if anyone would be interested in buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
          Yup, they do. Just going to cost you about 3x times what you paid for the Gatsby version.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classi...efault,pd.html
          Yeah, thanks Luke - I'm hip to those for sure. I almost got me some of them back when they had a what?... 25% off of that same 3-for-$225 deal. A good deal at $56 each, no doubt, but yeah.. tough to beat $30 a pop for these.

Plus, the special thing with these Gatsby ones is that BB went ollllllldschool with a few details like the 6 button front, the unlined collar, no chest pocket, and the side pleats and gussets - that is if I have my info (and OCBD history right). The buttons #/spacing and the collar are what intrigued me the most about these specific ones. I just wish (as do numerous other gents online) that they'd offer a shirt with those same *golden era* (or whatever) details all the time, in multiple color choices.

Comment

Originally posted by alanm View Post
            I bought two in two different sizes out of an abundance of caution: 16x35 and 15.5x35. I'm happy to throw up the two I don't keep (probably the 16x35s) in the FS section if anyone would be interested in buying them.
            If you end up selling the 15.5x35s, I'd be interested in those.

Comment

I bought 2 of those Gatsby OCBDs and 1 each of the blue and white dress shirts. I ordered all 4 in a 15.5/34. I've only tried the OCBD so far and it's just a tad long in the arms although 33 would have most likely been too short. The body however is way too long on me. I'll probably have to get the tailor to chop off a few inches at some point.

The fabric is much nicer than any other OCBD I own and the collar is much different than all my other ones as well. I will have to wear an undershirt with this one though. The multiple layers of fabric where the placket is and at the arm seams makes those parts look much whiter than the rest of the shirt against my darker skin.

Comment

I'm happy to throw up the two I don't keep (probably the 16x35s) in the FS section if anyone would be interested in buying them.
                Thought you were gonna go with the whole throw the shirts upward like in the story, rather than in the FS section..

After seeing these reviews, I really regret msising this deal.. sigh

Comment

Bought one of these brown check Napoli suits on a whim. Could potentially be very, very ugly in person. But if the coloring is a little less weird IRL than the picture shows, I sense some serious separates potential.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Bought one of these brown check Napoli suits on a whim.
                    Hell yeah! I love FU suits! If you need inspiration, flip through some Paul Stuart and Phineas Cole catalogs for some louder pattern combinations to work with it.

Comment

Machine Era brass wallet
                      http://www.machine-era.com/collectio...in-solid-brass

Red Wing 6" Round Toe in Copper Yuma
                      From the recent Piperlime sale.

Comment

This has been a very unsuccessful week for me. First the Jcrew Skiff wool jacket I bought on 40% off sale arrived, but I didn't like the fit, or the color (olive), or the quality/thickness of the material. I'm starting to think Jcrew jackets just aren't for me. This is the third one I've tried on, and none of them looked good on me, or matched my expectations for their price.

And today the two shoes I ordered from Gilt last week arrived. Walk-Over Wilfred Navy Suede Chukka, and Loake Morrison Derby. I'm typically a 9.5 (on the AE 5-last for instance), so I ordered the Wilfred in a 9.5 and the Morrison in a British size 9. Unfortunately, the Wilfred is tiny. As in I have genuine difficulty even getting my feet into them. They also arrived kind of crumpled up, the insole on one is partially peeling off, and generally looking like Gilt did not take good care of them, or maybe even get them new. The problem with the Morrison is the opposite. It's a little big, but I'm not certain enough for me to size down, but even worse it's loose. I'm not too familiar with British shoes, but the F width is clearly not for me. Really light and soft and comfortable though. But with a kind of square toe. So decisions, decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by dnugget View Post
                          Thought you were gonna go with the whole throw the shirts upward like in the story, rather than in the FS section..

After seeing these reviews, I really regret msising this deal.. sigh
                          Posting the 16x35s now...head on over to the swap & shop!

Comment

16x35 may work for me. How slim are the wait/arms?

Comment

Those red wings are Awesome, look much better than i would have ever guessed

Comment

Well that Suitsupply outlet drew me in.... I tried to resist but failed utterly. Got the brown Roma suit and the blue linen napoli suit. Had to have them delivered to Niagara falls, and will have to swing out there to pick them up in 2 weeks because it wouldnt ship to Canada. Now I need to figure out how to get them over the border without getting bent over by customs.

Comment

Working...
                                X