Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely going to concur with the dark grey and the walnut or dark brown gloves.

Comment

Thanks for the quick advice. Definitely getting the brown gloves. Trying to decide if I need the tie but if I do, I'll go with the dark grey one. What BJ said makes sense about the darker tie with a lighter shirt.

Comment

Those gloves look cheap. You can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          Why don't you just tell us how you really feel instead of tip-toing around the question? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tnjyoung View Post
            Alden Indy 405 Boots, in brown, 10.5D
            http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...ps37d909e5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              I didn't want anything really dressy since I already have some nice black ones. These seem like they are in between work gloves and dressy gloves. They are deerskin so I thought maybe that lends to the appearance. At least according to the description anyways:

'Native American deerskin has a pebbled finish and natural briar marks attesting to its authenticity'

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                J Crew barn jacket arrival! Looks even better in real life. This is my new favorite jacket.
                I second that Duvel, I just got mine; great looking jacket. I previously tried the j crew waxed field coat and that pales in comparison. Love this coat!

Comment

I had gotten that barn coat a month or two back. I think there's even pics in this thread or the how does it fit thread. It was nice but I was in between sizes so I decided to return it. Glad I did too since I ended up with a Barbour Bedale from J Crew shortly after.

Comment

Some one please post a picture of their Barn Jacket!

I am also liking the Bedale from JCrew.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
                      I second that Duvel, I just got mine; great looking jacket. I previously tried the j crew waxed field coat and that pales in comparison. Love this coat!
                      I switch out to the waxed coat out here on the prairie when the temps drop though. The barn jacket is definitely for the milder fall days.

Comment

First post on here, just picked up a pair of the florsheim gaffney boots on myhabit for $69. Still a few pairs of the chestnut available. Had to order a size 10, hope they fit, or you might see them in the deals section soon.

http://www.myhabit.com/?reloaded=1#p...g_b_img_d_67_1

Comment

Mr. FedEx brought me a few of those bright white *Gatsby*-inspired OCBDs from Brooks Brothers. Nicest OCBD I've ever worn. Ever. Well, so far... but yeah, it's pretty obvious from the first few hours. I had to put one on right out the box! Been wearing it all day around the house. Even inspired me to throw on a SC, while simply working in the home office/den. Maybe I should finally put some pants on too. Hmnn... Nah.

Fit feels somewhere between BB's Slim Fit and Extra Slim Fit.

Oh, and that 6-button, lowered top-button setup is especially the jam. That was what I was looking most forward to with these. Nice!

BTW, I've seen them pimped around on a few various style sites/blogs recently, and even here by who?... Vicious? Think that's right. If you haven't checked them out, I highly recommend doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            Mr. FedEx brought me a few of those bright white *Gatsby*-inspired OCBDs from Brooks Brothers. Nicest OCBD I've ever worn. Ever. Well, so far... but yeah, it's pretty obvious from the first few hours. I had to put one on right out the box! Been wearing it all day around the house. Even inspired me to throw on a SC, while simply working in the home office/den. Maybe I should finally put some pants on too. Hmnn... Nah.

Oh, and that 6-button, lowered top-button setup is especially the jam. That was what I was looking most forward to with these. Nice!

BTW, I've seen them pimped around on a few various style sites/blogs recently, and even here by who?... Vicious? Think that's right. If you haven't checked them out, I highly recommend doing so.
                            I told my brother he's buying me some of these me for X-Mas. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

Unfortunately, these are long gone. They sold out in most sizes the same day they were posted here and now I don't even see them listed. These were an excellent deal for the $30+ they were selling for. There are still the regular made in the US OCBDs, but you'll have to pay full price for those.

Comment

@JayS: That's the way to do it, man. I too buy some stuff when it gets closer to the holidays (and my birthday) and have a little stash of *gifts* available, should anyone have trouble figuring out what to buy me. LOL. Sad, but oh so true.

@Lukeduke: Are you serious? Wow. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that much. I mean the deal was talked-up on several sites (reddit, askandy, here at Dappered, and probably thisfits or thesilentist - can't recall exactly - likely several others) - with many folks talking about jumping on it. I was digging them back when I first saw the BB Gatsby collection, but the price was too steep for my liking. When they put them on sale (clearance?) my interest was renewed. When they threw in free shipping it was a done deal.

Hopefully they'll find some crates of them still in the stockroom, or at least realize that folks WANT that style/design/craftmanship of their OCBDs in the future. Obviously the price drop is what caused folks to snatch them up though, eh?

Still, I'd sure like to see them follow suit with a light blue and ecru one. Maybe they'll go that way at some later time; non *Gatsby*-inspired marketing.
                                Last edited by yoyorobbo; November 12, 2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X