Clear All

Those Indy's look amazing Vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
      Those Indy's look amazing Vicious.
      +1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Hopefully you sized down on that jacket. I ended up needing a small.
        Thankfully I've learnt that lesson about ordering jackets from LE. I wear XL and I typically size down to L in Lands End.

Comment

J Crew Factory Washed Shirt in Medium Navy Gingham

The sleeves are a little long, but otherwise fits well. Purchased on sale for $22.12 + shipping and tax.

Wearing with J.Crew Belt and GAP skinny lived-in chinos.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Onitsuka Tigers for $20 using the current codes at Piperlime along with $30 of credit I had.

Comment

Just picked up these Bennett chukkas from jcrew that were featured on the main site
              And this new grey donegal coat from BR

Comment

I was considering those J Crew chukkas. Do you think they're on par with AE in terms of quality? Do they fit TTS?

Comment

Definitely tts. The sole feels really strong and sturdy. Leather is really good. It needs to mold to the sole of my foot still, but the leather sole has that look of the higher quality Goodyear welted shoes. Can't speak for ae chukkas but for 160 it was a good purchase. My budget is suffering though.

Comment

I no longer think I have a problem. I know I have one. Just bought two new pairs of shoes. Loake Morrison Derby in blue, and Walk-over chukka in navy.

I didn't really need either... But I got the pair from Gilt for $140 shipped, which seems like a great price. I have nothing like the Loake shoes in my wardrobe, and although I do have two chukkas, they are both leather and in shades of brown, so neither purchase is entirely pointless. I figure if worst comes to worst, I can just return them both and only be out a few dollars for return shipping. Hopefully I'm not just rationalizing my wastefulness.

Comment

The collar on that J.Crew gingham shirt looks great. Jake, I love both of your purchases!

TrueFlame: Take a look here: http://www.saksoff5th.com/search?q=w...z=&x=walk-over - I'm not sure if your Walkovers are cheaper here (incl tax) or not but Saks Off 5th has a number of Walkovers at a good discount, including a couple pairs of plaintoe bluchers like your Loake Morrison - you might find something a bit cheaper: http://www.saksoff5th.com/search?q=w...z=&x=walk-over

As for me, I bought a few things from LE today and got an Ebayed Crickteer brand tweed herringbone jacket in the mail today. I'll post pictures in a few days after this current round of exams wraps up. Challenging myself to not spend as much and still find some useful/quality products since I've got those Alden Cap Toe boots coming in a month or two.

Comment

Thanks LosRockets. Though I think maybe I wasn't clear earlier, I paid $70 for each of the shoes, so $140 altogether. In any case, seeing the number of people here who purchased Alden boots during the recent sales is a good source of consolation for my (relatively) minor spending! :P

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I got two Johnstons of Elgin cashmere scarfs from STP, to make up for all the acrylic scarves I had before. They're thinner than I expected, but hopefully they will still be warm, and less prone to making my neck feel sweaty.

Comment

I've gotten some good deals on Gilt before, but how'd you get both for $140 total?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            I've gotten some good deals on Gilt before, but how'd you get both for $140 total?
                            I got an email from them today advertising a 40% off code for the next two days with "my40." I don't know what sort of logic Gilt uses when sending out codes, and if they'll work for anyone, but I seem to get a code of some kind every few weeks, though usually just for 20% or 30% off.

Comment

That looks like a generic code but it must be tied to your account somehow. They've never sent me any code like that. Do you not order from them often and they're just trying to get your business back?

Comment

Quite possibly. I think this is the first time I've placed an order with them! Also, I remember some months ago there was some mention of getting additional discounts at Gilt through some credit card promotion or the like. For some reason or other (I don't remember my reasoning anymore) I ended up making several new accounts with Gilt trying to get it to work. So they all get their promotional emails now, which has to help my chances of landing a code. In fact, today I got 2 40% off codes, and 1 30% off code. As I said, I don't know what their reasoning or pattern behind the codes is.

Comment

Working...
                                X