Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked this corduroy blazer up from LE over the weekend for less than $70. If it fits like the 1 other tailored fit blazer I have from them, it should require zero tailoring.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Picked up the Stafford Super 100s suit separates in a JCP yesterday during a door buster sale. With a coupon and the doorbuster, I ended up paying 115 for the jacket and the pants in navy. I haven't heard much about the suit, but I was impressed with the merino wool Stafford sport coat I picked up from JCP about a month back so I thought I would try my luck with the "Super 100s" Stafford. They didn't have the navy color in store (or the slim fit) so I had them order it for me. For what I paid I figured it was worth a shot to check it out in person considering it was free shipping and free returns. Has anyone seen this suit? tried it on? bought it? I think it is supposed to arrive around the end of this week, but who knows with JCP shipping and back orders.

http://www.jcpenney.com/men/suits-sp...140iu/cat.jump

Also just grabbed 3 of the JCP OCBD shirts. I showed the associate this: http://www.jcpenney.com/button-front...318141484C.tif and she priced matched the shirts, that were tagged at $20 each. The friends and family sale discount then took them down to $33 for all three.
      Please post pics and thoughts once you receive the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
        I'll get a PS4 eventually, but I'm in no rush for it. Xbox One lost my support by mandating a Kinect with every purchase, costing $100 more than a PS4, and generally screwing up their reveal by threatening to have no used game market, a required internet connection, etc. All of that just left a bad taste in my mouth, so there's no way I could get one unless its competition turned out to be an IED instead of a console. The brand loyalty and rivalry, at least between Microsoft and Sony, is something I can't understand at all though. The PS3 and Xbox 360 were like twins. They had almost all the same games, very similar graphics, online play, etc. The only differences are a handful of exclusives, yet people argue about it with religious fervor. That's why I had a 360 for nearly the entire generation, and then got a PS3 for really cheap recently, because by this time a fair amount of exclusives have been released. It wasn't because I thought the 360 was particularly better, it just happened to work out that I got them in that order.

Lately, all I've been doing is playing games on the computer though. It's really hard to beat the prices on Steam and other similar services, to the point that I've purchased copies of games that I already own just so I could get rid of some older consoles.
        I hear all of this. I stuck with Xbox because I have huge hands and the Xbox controller actually is much better for me than the Playstation ones ever were. Once I had learned to play with an Xbox controller (prior to college, I almost exclusively played computer games), I couldn't easily use a PS2/3 one without a huge learning curve. Xbox 360 also has Halo, which was huge when 360/PS2s were hitting the market, and implemented a much better multiplayer system with Xbox Live than Playstation did. I wouldn't call it brand loyalty in my preference, as Microsoft does plenty to piss me off, but it's just what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by shockemags View Post
          Please post pics and thoughts once you receive the suit.
          Will do. According to UPS My Choice it will be delivered in Wednesday night. I am really hoping this thing is good. I could really use a decent navy suit and I don't want to spend a bunch right now. JCF doesn't make my size so I am hoping stafford could be my go to for fused slim fit suits on the cheap.

Comment

Got a Tag Heuer Formula 1 off Ebay a few weeks ago. After selling my series 1 I really missed having a Formula 1 in my collection. This one is from 2007 and I really like the size. Got a great deal on this watch since it was brand new, never worn.

Not my watch, but it looks just like this.

Comment

Got over the "eww, used shoes" barrier and got these off ebay within 2 days of each other. The $20 and $36 price tags made it a lot easier for me to take a gamble on them and boy am I really glad I did. I don't have experience with high-end shoes but the leather on these feel really nice to me.

Tan one is a Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft Aldrich. Hardly been used. Super comfortable.

Dark brown is a Botti 1913(anyone ever heard of these?). Channel stitched welt.

They are not gross by the way. Is it the leather lining that keeps out the odor? In fact, I can't really see myself buying new dress shoes any more. The value that you get with used shoes on ebay is just too good.

Comment

It took me a while to get over that same barrier. I've gotten 3 pairs of shoes off EBay now and couldn't be happier with them. The shoes cost me less than AE's but are much higher quality. All 3 would have retailed for $500-$600 and I paid $100, $150, and $200 respectively for them. The 1st 2 were hardly worn - maybe a half dozen times each. The last one ended up being way more worn than I expected but shipping back to the UK would have been expensive so I decided do give B Nelson a shot in recrafting them. I should get them back next week. Can't wait to see how they turn out.
                Last edited by Vicious49; October 29, 2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Meermin Tan Country Calf boots. Now the waiting game!!
                  My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                    Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Meermin Tan Country Calf boots. Now the waiting game!!
                    Pics and maybe a mini review when you receive them would be appreciated!

Comment

Do you guys clean the insides of used shoes when you get them? What do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                        Do you guys clean the insides of used shoes when you get them? What do you use?
                        I've wiped them down with some rubbing alcohol + water (very little alcohol in that mix, BTW) and a rag/paper towel. I typically go light with it, so as to not dry out the leather. Not sure if it really does anything at all or not for germs or general foot funk, but it *does* clean them somewhat and it makes me feel a little better slipping them on later.

Seems like someone here (possibly LesserBlackDog?) mentioned that suggestion as something to try (hope I'm not incorrectly assigning credit/blame there). And actually, as more part of that virtual conversation that I'm trying to recall, unless they are a typically-barefoot-worn type of shoe (driving loafer, boat shoe, etc.), there's probably not a whole lot to worry about. Ever rent roller-skates or bowling shoes before? Kinda like that.

You could probably spray them (seems like I may have done that too - Lysol or something similar), and then there's also the "freeze 'em!" theory. I admit I did that on a couple pair too, but I've since read so much to the ineffectiveness of that, that I probably wouldn't do it again.

Comment

Same. I use some rubbing alcohol. But I try to buy ones that seem to have very little use. If the writing right underneath the heel is gone it means it's probably had too much use for my comfort.

The Church's that I sent to B.Nelson are also getting sanitized by them for $15. I'm not sure what that entails but the guy offered up the service to me when I told him I had just picked them up and it was the previous owner who had put all that wear on the soles.

Comment

I got a bonus, so I bought this Barbour Dragh Coat: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...3765/03765.jsp

Yes, I'm just bragging. But it's so comfortable and fits great. Hardly qualifies for "affordable style", though, but I figure I'll have it for years. I never can find a fall/winter semi-casual coat I like so hopefully this solves that for me for awhile.

Comment

Thanks Robbo and Vicious. I'm slowly going over that barrier and may be getting my first pair of new-to-me shoes soon. I'm blaming you guys if I catch some sort of foot fungus though.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                                Got a Tag Heuer Formula 1 off Ebay a few weeks ago. After selling my series 1 I really missed having a Formula 1 in my collection. This one is from 2007 and I really like the size. Got a great deal on this watch since it was brand new, never worn.

Not my watch, but it looks just like this.
                                How much did you end up paying for it, if you don't mind me asking

Comment

Working...
                                X