This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
    Mac vs. PC throw-down in 3... 2... 1... ?
    Lol I use a pc at work and have no problems with them. In fact, if anything I'm more comfortable with them. This just works well in my home setting where my lady and I have 2 iPhones and an iPad.

Comment

Haha. I don't have a problem with either. I just get a kick out of how Mac vs. PC debates seem to take on a similar flavor as political or religious discussions on most forums.

Comment

Ordered this "fatigue" jacket from Gap. Nylon exterior, cotton lining. I like it so far. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
          Haha. I don't have a problem with either. I just get a kick out of how Mac vs. PC debates seem to take on a similar flavor as political or religious discussions on most forums.
          Judging by my campus, Macs are a religion. in every lecture, every classroom, at least 95% of laptops are macs. It's really quite interesting.

Back on topic, I couldn't resist and about two new pairs of pants from BR yesterday. A pair of Aiden, in acorn this time, and a pair of cords in burnt orange, or whatever their darker tan fall color is called. Also sized down in the waist on both, because I've heard excess fabric is responsible for the "pants boner," which all my pants seem to have, the randy little bastards.

Comment

I make my living writing software for Microsoft platforms, but when I go home, I'm a Mac user. I've got no beef with what anyone else is doing. I would prefer they just leave me alone. I can't enjoy an Apple article online without Android or Windows lovers crapping all over the comments section. I don't get why they even care.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
              Oh, bought the newest version of the MacBook Air too 13.3" 4 SSD 128g Flash Storage. Pretty pumped about that.
              Great choice, Jrb. I have the same MacBook Air, but with more memory. They're great computers, and I don't miss the larger notebook computer that I had before. I do 99% of my work on the Air, and maybe 1% on an iMac.

The Apple vs. Microsoft debate is silly. I appreciate Microsoft for making the XBox 360, one of the best gaming platforms out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Great choice, Jrb. I have the same MacBook Air, but with more memory. They're great computers, and I don't miss the larger notebook computer that I had before. I do 99% of my work on the Air, and maybe 1% on an iMac.

The Apple vs. Microsoft debate is silly. I appreciate Microsoft for making the XBox 360, one of the best gaming platforms out there.
                This. Are you getting an Xbox One? I have one on preorder from Amazon...

I use PC at work; Macs for the last decade at home (and used to be for school). I prefer macs for non-work stuff, but can't quite make the switch for work until the office switches. Both have pros and cons, but I like Macs for all my other Apple stuff. Just ordered a new iPhone (I'm still using a 4 which is on its last leg) and debating an iPad in lieu of buying a new MacBook... I know it won't be able to do as much, but I've found that I'm doing less and less at home that I would need a full computer for. Plus I think it'd be more fun to goof around on an iPad when I'm on my couch than it is having to use my laptop.

Comment

We went through the whole Macbook/iPad situation with my mom recently, and ultimately got her the Macbook. If she were more tech-savvy, I would feel better about her making the leap to just owning a tablet. But this will keep her in her comfort zone for a few more years - at least until tablets become truly viable laptop replacements.

Comment

I currently have a 13" Macbook Air with 256GB SSD & 8 GB RAM. I've got to say: Surface Pro 2 looks pretty enticing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      This. Are you getting an Xbox One? I have one on preorder from Amazon...
                      Not on my teacher's salary. They cost $700 here. The Xbox 360 games are expensive enough at $65 per new game and $40 for pre-owned or old releases.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        Not on my teacher's salary. They cost $700 here. The Xbox 360 games are expensive enough at $65 per new game and $40 for pre-owned or old releases.
                        Ouch, I think mine is $550 all in. I rarely get new games for my Xbox other than Halos (I play them on occasion with my college buddies online)--right now I'm playing my way through the Assassin's Creed series, which I enjoy. I think the One games will still be $60ish each, at least from the looks of the pre-order games.

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
                          I currently have a 13" Macbook Air with 256GB SSD & 8 GB RAM. I've got to say: Surface Pro 2 looks pretty enticing to me.
                          I've thought about going that route, but I do really enjoy my Apple compatibility with everything I own. I don't go out to buy everything new all the time, but it is nice when they're pretty seamless. Also, I'm not sure I am buying into the latest Windows system that is on those... but it each his (or her) own!

Alan -- I hear you. I'd still need to likely get an Apple Mini or something comparable for my desk (my current MacBook Pro... which is from 2009 and has been through a lot with me, including a year of law school abuse), so I get the idea of going with the MacBook Air. Tablets are just much cleaner (and lighter) for travel and every day use when you don't need that full capabilities. Really I just need an extra $3k to upgrade all my stuff at once and I'd be happy.

Comment

I'm an Xbox/Xbox360 guy but I'm going to hold off buying a new console until the reviews come in (and/or a game I really want to play comes out). Neither the PS4 nor the XboxOne is really drawing me in at the moment, and the only next-gen game I've got my eye on is the new Thief.

I honestly don't spend much on gaming. I bought my 360 new when it came out, and that was pretty expensive at the time. But since then I've only had it replaced once under warranty (Red Ring of Death) and bought one fresh controller last year when the rechargeable battery pack on my first one died. I buy maybe 2-3 games per year at most, usually massive single-player stuff like Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc. I don't do any online gaming.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I'm an Xbox/Xbox360 guy but I'm going to hold off buying a new console until the reviews come in (and/or a game I really want to play comes out). Neither the PS4 nor the XboxOne is really drawing me in at the moment, and the only next-gen game I've got my eye on is the new Thief.

I honestly don't spend much on gaming. I bought my 360 new when it came out, and that was pretty expensive at the time. But since then I've only had it replaced once under warranty (Red Ring of Death) and bought one fresh controller last year when the rechargeable battery pack on my first one died. I buy maybe 2-3 games per year at most, usually massive single-player stuff like Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc. I don't do any online gaming.
                              That's probably fair -- I will never move over to PS unless Xbox goes away... just couldn't do it. I do want to play the new AC4 Black Flag, and a new Halo will be out soon enough. I always look at the cost as being more than worth it. Living in NYC, if I stay in and play a game once in lieu of going out (for a reasonable dinner or drinks), it likely pays for itself in one night... the rest being value added on top. I don't play a ton but it's nice to have for Sat/Suns when you don't want to do much, or the occasional weekday when you don't want to be hungover the next day at work.

Comment

The PS controller is nicer than the XBox controller. But I agree. I'd rather have an XBox.

Comment

Working...
                                X