This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
    Nice pickup pratyk. Looking forward to seeing how it fits. I grabbed a JCrew coat last year and it was huge unfortunately.
    I got the XL. It's fairly snug but I also tried it at the store layered with a sweater + the sleeveless vest and it fit pretty snug to my frame. It feels rather warm which is good for New England winters. I was sweating in 2-3 minutes of trying it out .

Comment

I had some paypal balance and I was looking for a blue faced watch. Picked this Rotary Chrono (Breitling Homage) off Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotary-Quart...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
        I had some paypal balance and I was looking for a blue faced watch. Picked this Rotary Chrono (Breitling Homage) off Ebay:
        Enjoy the Rotary! I have a very similar black-faced one, and although it is a total rip... err... *homage* of the Navitimer, it still gets numerous compliments, most from folks who have no idea what a Navitimer even is, so there's that.

I love the blue-face and the more-muted silver casing and bezel of yours there. Mine is (like I said, black-faced, which is still OK, but I like the blue better, and) much more shiny/polished/chrome-looking, which tends to make it look a little more *fashion* watch looking (if that makes sense - something less-desirable) to me. I've only seen pic online of real Navis and IIRC some of those (if not all?) were more polished, so maybe my negative take on the shininess of mine is not warranted in a Breitling-homage sort of way. Whatev, right? LOL

Additionally, I like that Rally style strap, and may look at putting one on my Rotary sometime in the future too. I remember chatting here with Vicious about Rally straps, and *this* is more of what I was envisioning.

All that said... (wshew!)... Nice Watch, bud! Wear it in Dappered good health!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          Enjoy the Rotary! I have a very similar black-faced one, and although it is a total rip... err... *homage* of the Navitimer, it still gets numerous compliments, most from folks who have no idea what a Navitimer even is, so there's that.

I love the blue-face and the more-muted silver casing and bezel of yours there. Mine is (like I said, black-faced, which is still OK, but I like the blue better, and) much more shiny/polished/chrome-looking, which tends to make it look a little more *fashion* watch looking (if that makes sense - something less-desirable) to me. I've only seen pic online of real Navis and IIRC some of those (if not all?) were more polished, so maybe my negative take on the shininess of mine is not warranted in a Breitling-homage sort of way. Whatev, right? LOL

Additionally, I like that Rally style strap, and may look at putting one on my Rotary sometime in the future too. I remember chatting here with Vicious about Rally straps, and *this* is more of what I was envisioning.

All that said... (wshew!)... Nice Watch, bud! Wear it in Dappered good health!
          I had a Parnis "homage" of the navitimer and lasted me about 3.5-4 years and I think it still works & probably needs a new battery. Someday, I'll have the budget to splurge on a Navitimer but until then, I'm hoping that the Rotary does the job The rally strap caught my eye as well. There was a steel (?) bracelet Rotary but I thought it was too shiny for my taste.

Comment

AE Strand in Walnut:

AE McAllister in Merlot:

Comment

@Vanquish:

What size are those McAllisters? What's your address? When will you not be home? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                What size are those McAllisters? What's your address? When will you not be home? Thanks!
                That's hilarious, Alan! Is it just me or do the McAllisters look like they're desperately in need of a shine for brand new shoes? Maybe its just the lighting...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                  That's hilarious, Alan! Is it just me or do the McAllisters look like they're desperately in need of a shine for brand new shoes? Maybe its just the lighting...?
                  Well there's some camera shake. That will dull them a bit. A shine never hurt anybody, though. I would still wear the heck out of 'em, regardless.

Comment

@ Jamie, pretty sure it's just the lighting. They look better than the picture I took with my phone.

@ alan, they're 10.5 D's.

Comment

Claiborne Gaylord Brown Suede that were covered here in the spring for $34 in store pickup. http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/s...uestid=2587759

Lacrosse for JCrew Boots on eBay NIB for $46 shipped http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...9947/99947.jsp

Merona Kensington blue and tan for LukeDuke for $40 Shipped. Figured it's a good way to get me into blazers...

Oh, bought the newest version of the MacBook Air too 13.3" 4 SSD 128g Flash Storage. Pretty pumped about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                        Claiborne Gaylord Brown Suede that were covered here in the spring for $34 in store pickup. http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/s...uestid=2587759

Lacrosse for JCrew Boots on eBay NIB for $46 shipped http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...9947/99947.jsp

Merona Kensington blue and tan for LukeDuke for $40 Shipped. Figured it's a good way to get me into blazers...

Oh, bought the newest version of the MacBook Air too 13.3" 4 SSD 128g Flash Storage. Pretty pumped about that.
                        I'm envious of the battery life on the new Macbook Airs. make sure you have a portable external hard drive that you can carry around.. the 128 GB fills up crazy fast. I have a early 2013 model 256 GB Air and I always carry around a 1 TB WD Passport drive. . Is this your first mac?

Comment

They do kinda look like you just conditioned them, but have yet to polish them. I know that look. LOL

Regardless, both pairs are beauties! Classics which should serve you very well (granted you're feet are comfortable in them - wish mine were - ugh!). Enjoy them, bud!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            They do kinda look like you just conditioned them, but have yet to polish them. I know that look. LOL

Regardless, both pairs are beauties! Classics which should serve you very well (granted you're feet are comfortable in them - wish mine were - ugh!). Enjoy them, bud!
                            They're the most comfortable pair of dressier shoes that I own.

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
                              I'm envious of the battery life on the new Macbook Airs. make sure you have a portable external hard drive that you can carry around.. the 128 GB fills up crazy fast. I have a early 2013 model 256 GB Air and I always carry around a 1 TB WD Passport drive. . Is this your first mac?
                              It is, its replacing a 6 year old gateway laptop. Pretty pricey but damn its nice. Everything just works seemlessly. I needed a new computer as I'm back in school and this fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                                Mac vs. PC throw-down in 3... 2... 1... ?

Comment

Working...
                                X