Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as a quick follow-up to my watch thread earlier last week I ended up deciding on the Tissot Tradition Chrono. Was a tough decision between this and the Chris Ward Malvern, but in the end I gravitated toward the cleaner face with fewer arabic numerals. Pretty happy with it - just need to swap out the band for something solid brown as I'm not completely sold on the white contrast stitching.

Any favorite band recommendations?

Comment

I prefer Hirsch straps. I usually get mine from fredawatchstraps.com. I think that's the correct URL. If not, google it since it should be pretty close.

Comment

Picked up the JCPenney Claiborne herringbone sportcoat, J Crew Factory merino half-zip sweater and these Calvin Klein suede oxfords. Got the shoes on clearance for $40 shipped.

Comment

Well, I'm returning the Bonobos travel jeans; they're too close to skinny jeans IMO.

Picked up a Stafford 100% wool black suit jacket for under $40 on clearance, and a pair of the Gustin Umber jeans.

Comment

Montag, whered you get he shoes?

Comment

Did some serious shopping today.

First, I picked up an Alfani Red slim fit suit from Macy's. It's a medium grey with peak lapels. The armholes are a little low, and the pants will need serious tailoring, but with coupons it came down to $170, which was too good to pass up. I'll be needing another suit soon, so for that one I'll save up for something a little nicer (Ludlow, I hear you calling my name).

Then I made my way over to the shoe section. Last weekend I wore a hole in the bottom of my trusty Timberland Earthkeeper chukkas, so I needed a replacement. I went with the original Clarks desert boots in beeswax. I already love them. The color is a little lighter than what I want, so I'm going to try some Sno-Seal to darken them up.

After that, I started searching for a pair of jeans. I keep wearing holes in the crotch of my jeans from riding my bike around campus, so I decided to check out the Levi's Commuter denim, which is made specifically for cyclists. They're great jeans. Really thoughtfully designed. The fabric has some stretch, which makes them insanely comfortable, and the crotch is reinforced, so I expect these to last a lot longer than the pair they are replacing. I picked up a dark rinse wash in the 511 fit. They're pretty slim, but I like how they look.

Finally, the Gap peacoat I ordered last week came in the mail today. It's great. The site said that it was 60% wool, but the tag is saying 69%--even better. The fit on this coat is fantastic. Can't wait for temps to drop a little more so I can wear it all the time.

All in all, a successful day. MSRP for all purchases combined comes out to around $820. I got it all for less than $400.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                Montag, whered you get he shoes?
                Here: http://www.bonton.com/shop/brands/ca...pe_622151.html

They had a 15% off+free shipping thing going when I bought mine. Plus, they are on clearance so not many sizes left. If by chance you need size 11 1/2, I have a pair. Knowing they were clearance, and not exactly knowing my size in CK, I bought two sizes, planning to return the one that doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  I prefer Hirsch straps. I usually get mine from fredawatchstraps.com. I think that's the correct URL. If not, google it since it should be pretty close.
                  You have (had?) the Duke on your Orient Millenium, right?

Comment

Just picked up the dockers alpha khaki in wine tasting and sperry gold cup boat shoes in navy. Sperry was running a 25% off and the alphas were $40 through amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dockers-Alpha-...Alpha++dockers

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/...productdetails

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                      You have (had?) the Duke on your Orient Millenium, right?
                      I have the Grand Duke because they were out of stock in the size/color Duke strap I wanted. Not she what the difference is. I'm thinking the Grand Duke might be slightly thicker or maybe it's higher quality leather.

Comment

Originally posted by @andrew View Post
                        First, I picked up an Alfani Red slim fit suit from Macy's. It's a medium grey with peak lapels. The armholes are a little low, and the pants will need serious tailoring, but with coupons it came down to $170, which was too good to pass up. I'll be needing another suit soon, so for that one I'll save up for something a little nicer (Ludlow, I hear you calling my name).
                        My honest opinion - $170 for a macy's suit is not too good to pass up. If it's something that you don't love (armholes) and you know will require at least some money in tailoring, I would personally suggest you pass and put the money toward what you really do want.

Comment

After seeing renefjr post his Massimo Dutti quilted jacket in WIWT a while back, I decided to go on the hunt for one (there were some great options posted in the light fall/winter jacket thread not too long ago). However, they were all sold out online by the time I settled on getting the Massimo. A few emails back and forth with customer service resulted in them being able to track down a recent return for me. Here it is:

Size L. Fits pretty trim on my usually M frame. First time I've ever purposefully sized up on an article of clothing.

Comment

Finally pulled the trigger and splurged out on the J. Crew Dock Pea Coat with Thinsulate in Navy

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...olor_name=navy

216$ after 25% discount.

Comment

Nice pickup pratyk. Looking forward to seeing how it fits. I grabbed a JCrew coat last year and it was huge unfortunately.

Comment

Wife and I happened to fall into the Crew store last night. I came home with the henley shawl collar sweater in heather mink and the norwegian crewneck. Score... these are great sweaters, and 25 percent off.

Comment

Working...
                                X