Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First order from No Man Walks Alone. Won't be the last.

Comment

^You tease

Comment

Fred the Hungarian in me, and the shoe lover, have combined for a burning urge to buy a pair of Vass shoes. How dare you tease us with only the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
          Fred the Hungarian in me, and the shoe lover, have combined for a burning urge to buy a pair of Vass shoes. How dare you tease us with only the box!
          Oh, you want me to open the box?

Comment

pure evil

Comment

I had some chestnut shoes (C&J Westbournes) but no real burgundy. I wear my RL Marlows and AS Charltons a lot (along with several boots), but most of my A game shoes are balmorals. I was looking for a top shelf burgundy blucher (like an Alden) when I saw these from this great brand new site. I had always wanted to try some Vass, but assumed they would be out of my price range. Epaulet sells the Alt Wien Captoe in Cognac for $865 (http://epauletnewyork.com/collection...ue-cognac-calf) but No Man Walks Alone had 'em in Bordeaux for $755. I got 10% off with my "Founders" code, and they included these amazing 3 piece "puzzle" lasted shoe trees with the shoe which have to cost at least $100. Greg was also generous enough to include a free copy of the "Vass book," Handmade Shoes For Men (which I actually already had - regifting to my brother.) Fantastic site with great service and amazing products! I figured if I subtract the cost of the trees and the discount code the shoes were under $600 which is less than Peal & Co range, plus I had some PayPal $ burning a hole in my pocket. I tried them on and they fit great, but my wife has hidden them away for 6 weeks until my birthday.

A couple more pics from their site:

The shoe trees are lasted and are 3 separate pieces. You fit the front and the heel and then slip the piece with the handle in which pushes everything flush. They have a double J. Rendenbach sole. Can't wait to actually get to wear them!

Comment

beautiful

Comment

beautiful
                  Thanks!

Comment

beautiful
                    Yeah. Damn.

Comment

Those are some really nice looking shoes.

Comment

Picked up the JCF herringbone during the recent 50% off sale. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ASchuelke View Post
                          Picked up the JCF herringbone during the recent 50% off sale. Love it!
                          Looks like a perfect fit. Is that the Brown or Charcoal? I've got a charcoal scheduled to deliver today.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                            Looks like a perfect fit. Is that the Brown or Charcoal? I've got a charcoal scheduled to deliver today.
                            Glad you also think so. I've lost 65 pounds over the last year so it's my first 38R.
                            It's the brown. Great fall color. Post the charcoal when you get it. I may end up with both!

Comment

Experimenting with some saddle shoes off eBay.
                              Snagged some nice linen slacks from J.Crew.
                              Couldn't resist some tacky Aperture Science novelty cufflinks.
                              Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Vass. Now you've gone and done it...

Comment

Working...
                                X