Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acoustic, my worry would be that the colors and pattern will fade, and it will wind up looking old and worn sooner than a solid color or weave.

Comment

@brushetta: !!! Does color fade happen to all plaid blazers or just BR ones?

Comment

Acoustic, it happens to all cotton blazers. Same with cotton suits. That being said, now that I've thought about it some more, you're probably not going to wear it all that often, so it won't look worn out for years. By the time it does you'll have moved on to your next blazer(s).

It looks sharp. Just try not to have it cleaned very often, and keep in mind that cotton's not as durable as wool.

Comment

I really like it, Acoustic. Nice score. I'm also on the lookout for sport coats with character.

Comment

@brushetta: Yikes! I didn't know that cotton blazers were so fragile...I've been buying more cotton blazers in the meantime because I get hot easily (even in winter) and the cotton just feels so much more comfortable compared to wool. How long can a cotton blazer last if one wears it say once a week? Would you reccomend only buying wool blazers from here on out?

Comment

Acoustic, they're not THAT fragile! I'm sorry - I shouldn't have said anything.

I actually want a couple of cotton, linen, or cotton-linen blend blazers myself for the summer months.

It's been my experience that my cotton clothes (mostly dress slacks) start fading after the first few cleanings. My wool slacks still look new. Heck, my wool suit from 2005 still looks absolutely new. I don't think I've ever had a cotton garment last for more than a few years. That doesn't mean that cotton is bad!

Comment

Alan what are your measurements. I am also searching for the same. If I stumble on something I can let you know. I know youre close to the same size as me.

Comment

@brushetta: lol alright, I tend to be very extreme in my thinking!

Comment

Picked up a more casual blue gingham shirt from JCrew Factory since there is free shipping today and its getting cheap

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_category/shirts/PRDOVR~47234/99102411267/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~30~~205+16+4294966729~1 5~~~~~~~/47234.jsp

Also ordered some shoe trees and cedar jacket hangers from Amazon. The stuff to properly store/care for clothing is almost as expensive as the clothing itself. :-/

Comment

That gingham shirt is tempting, but I need to chill out on purchases for right now.

Comment

I purchased the following beige linen sport coat at Uniqlo NYC: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/071386#colorSelect

I'm considering getting their grey regular fit linen sport coat too: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070940#colorSelect

They also have some cotton options, but I'm not sold on them.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=071928

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/072053#colorSelect

The two-button one in light grey is a possibility.

There was also a super-inexpensive cotton/polyester mix coat that came in grey, navy, and black.

Comment

How's the quality feel on the linen one you got?

Comment

Jason, I'll let you know when it arrives. I ordered it via the mail.

Comment

@brushetta and Jason:

I just got the slim fit linen sportscoat in the mail yesterday and I love it. It is VERY light weight even compared to other

linen sportscoats at like Macys which is perfect for hot Atlanta summers. Wearing any kind of suit when it's 97 degrees with 90% humidity can be debilitating. I'm thinking I can get away with it in all but the most formal of situations. The fit is great as well only need to shorten up the sleeves a tad and it looks like it was made to measure for me everywhere else. For 79 plus proxy I think it's a pretty good deal.

I would be wary of the cotton blazers though. I got the navy stretch blazer and the material was almost like a jacket as opposed to a cotton blazer. The cotton blazer looks like its a similar material, but the premium cotton blazer looks like it may be a much nicer material.

Comment

Just got some shoe care products: Meltonian neutral creme, Lexol leather conditioner, Kiwi neutral polish. The nerd in me is pretty excited to do some shoe care...

And lots of new music since returning from SXSW

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X