Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went into JCrew to adjust the price on my Alden boots and ended up walking out with two pairs of cotton dress pants (bedford and ludlow) for $52 total.

Comment

looks good Eric F. i'm actually thinking about picking one up myself. how tall are you so that you went with the L? how is the material?

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
      Not sure if this should be in the "How Does it Fit?" thread or not, but I just wanted to update on my Napoli suit situation. 38L came in today and it's pretty spot on. Thanks for the feedback guys; I'm glad I went with the long. Really happy with the fit out of the box - just need to hem the pants and we'll see if my tailor has any minor suggestions for the jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by thatbrownguy View Post
        looks good Eric F. i'm actually thinking about picking one up myself. how tall are you so that you went with the L? how is the material?
        I'm 6'1", but I usually get away with 38-40R in Thompson/Ludlow/Banana Republic jackets. The regular was a bit too short in the body and quite a bit off in the arms. The L is actually a bit smaller through the waist that the R was (I forget the measurements, but they're all on the suitsupply website), which is great for me since it would have needed to be taken in a bit.

As far as material goes, the Super 110's wool is great. It's a wonderful dark navy and soft to the touch with minimal sheen. I don't have much to compare it to in this price range in terms of suiting, but it definitely leaves my JCF Thompson suit in the dust in terms of quality. Even the other "better quality" jackets (Ludlow herringbone, Banana Republic birdseye) that I have pale in comparison just in terms of construction. If you're seriously considering a purchase it certainly doesn't hurt to send out for one to see what you think about it in person - their free shipping/return policy is great.

Comment

I got a pair of the navy Peal & Co chukkas from Gilt last week. I've worn them twice and I'm liking them a lot so far.

Comment

I had some returns to J.Crew and while there picked up the Italian Chino suit jacket in Wheat for under $100 ($96 actually) off the clearance rack (marked $159.99 + promos). I had already picked up the pants a few weeks ago for $50, for a total of just under $150. So now I have another summer suit, just in time for, uh winter... Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of it.

I know some folks express concern about the narrow lapels on the Ludlow suiting. I also share those concerns (its bound to go out of style in the not too distant future), but I'm less concerned when it comes to a more casual khaki summer suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              I had some returns to J.Crew and while there picked up the Italian Chino suit jacket in Wheat for under $100 ($96 actually) off the clearance rack (marked $159.99 + promos). I had already picked up the pants a few weeks ago for $50, for a total of just under $150. So now I have another summer suit, just in time for, uh winter... Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of it.

I know some folks express concern about the narrow lapels on the Ludlow suiting. I also share those concerns (its bound to go out of style in the not too distant future), but I'm less concerned when it comes to a more casual khaki summer suit.
              are all jcrew b&m store clearance out the italian chino suit jacket in wheat for $100? if it's $96, i need to drop by my jcrew store and get that jacket in wheat for $96.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                Picked up this short sleeve popover from J Crew during their summer sale last week. I love the material; it's very lightweight and soft. Something seems just a bit off. I can't decide if it's the pattern, or the fit, or the fact that I've never worn a popover before. Are the sleeves too long? Note that they probably look a bit weird because they've not been ironed. It was cheap enough ($25) that I'm willing to keep it long enough to give it a chance, but I'd also be OK with returning it. Either way, I'd love some opinions on it.

You're a lean fellow and I feel that it is a bit too boxy on your physique. Additionally, I don't think the muted colour palette works with your high contrast complexion. My suggestion is to return it.
                Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Bought a few things today including a navy/red shawl collar sweater ($25), a Brooks Bros "irregular" fall tie ($15), and a Marc NY sueded cotton/leather weekender bag ($80 :/ )

Comment

i went to an allen edmonds store over the weekend and managed to keep myself from buying anything, but i went and bought a pair today anyway... but these don't really count, do they?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Fc-Y4AodGRsAdA

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                      i went to an allen edmonds store over the weekend and managed to keep myself from buying anything, but i went and bought a pair today anyway... but these don't really count, do they?

May have to get a pair for my dad...

Comment

i bought one for myself as well as one for dad if he doesn't like it, then it's an easy return

Comment

Was pretty pumped about this so I figured i'd share

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post

Goddamnit. Why did you show me these? I might be able to get away with wearing those to work.
                            5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
                              Goddamnit. Why did you show me these? I might be able to get away with wearing those to work.
                              That's what I said yesterday when Joe published the Bonobos travel jeans deal. "Khaki jeans?! *lightbulb*"

(They should be here Thursday.)

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                                That's what I said yesterday when Joe published the Bonobos travel jeans deal. "Khaki jeans?! *lightbulb*"

(They should be here Thursday.)
                                I have some "sand" colored jeans from J. Crew coming in this week for the same purpose

Comment

Working...
                                X