This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    BJ - I think it's the stripes. It reminds me of a prison uniform. Also, the stripes don't line up right on the sides where the front and back meet.
    Also are the sleeves billowing -seem to be a bit wide. Might just need an iron...

Comment

Just picked up a pair of Church's diplomats off Ebay.

Comment

Just ordered a pair of Alden for J.Crew plain-toe boots. My first Alden shoes/boots, hopefully they fit!

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...7357/47357.jsp

Comment

New Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Park Aves arrived today, as a replacement for the Saunders chukkas I bought for the 2 for $250 sale. They fit me perfectly, and seem to be almost defect free. I just found two slight blemishes on the right shoe, but hardly noticeable unless really looking. Pretty excited about it. Also picked up an Abingdon Laptop bag from Jcrew, as well as a sweater and more shirts than I really need during their latest sale. But I figure that's alright since I'm returning nearly everything I bought from their previous sale.

Comment

Black JCrew Barbour Bedale jacket came in. I had also ordered the Boden Poacher jacket so I'll wait until that arrives to decide which I want to keep. The Bedale fits me pretty damn good though so it's going to be tough for the Boden to win out.

Comment

My order from the AE 2 for $250 finally arrived. Neumok in snuff suede and the Players in walnut. Was anyone else a bit surprised with their first walnut shoe purchase? They give off more of a "burnt orange" feel than I was expecting. Thought they'd be perfect with denim and a navy gingham button down but something felt a bit off when I gave them a spin earlier. I might hit them with some brown polish to see if I can temper it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                My order from the AE 2 for $250 finally arrived. Neumok in snuff suede and the Players in walnut. Was anyone else a bit surprised with their first walnut shoe purchase? They give off more of a "burnt orange" feel than I was expecting. Thought they'd be perfect with denim and a navy gingham button down but something felt a bit off when I gave them a spin earlier. I might hit them with some brown polish to see if I can temper it a bit.

mine kinda developed a sorta patina if that makes sense after a couple of wears but you can use black polish for the same effect probably

Comment

For what it's worth, Eric, judging by the photo alone they look great, and i think they can easily be paired with jeans even the way they currently are. It'll be noticeable and trendy, but still in a classy and good way.

I stopped by a physical Jcrew location today, for what might have been the first time, and bought two polos from the sale section. Both slub cotton, medium, which fits me perfectly, and best of all the total bill came out to just under $19. At this point I'm really starting to not need any more polos, but it's kind of hard to resist.

Comment

Not sure if this should be in the "How Does it Fit?" thread or not, but I just wanted to update on my Napoli suit situation. 38L came in today and it's pretty spot on. Thanks for the feedback guys; I'm glad I went with the long. Really happy with the fit out of the box - just need to hem the pants and we'll see if my tailor has any minor suggestions for the jacket.

Comment

Looks sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        2 Kamakura shirts arrived today. I think I have a new favorite sub-$100 shirt brand. They even pattern matched the sleeves which is basically unheard of at this price.
                        Can you tell me some more about this brand? I'm always in the market for more shirts.

Comment

Alfred Sargent Moore in cherry.

Comment

just bought the Allen Edmonds Bayfield on Lands End in size 11. marked down to $208. decent sizes still available.

Comment

Fauxshow - Did you snag those AS on Ebay?

Comment

Yep. They were practically brand new. The color is a bit more reddish in daylight.

Comment

Working...
                                X